“Great all around hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
Reviewed 23 January 2013

The location of this hotel is right on the edge of town and convenient to everything in Steamboat. The breakfast choices satisfied my teenagers for 4 days. I needed a doctor while staying and the front desk attendant was very informative with directions. I will definitely return if we ever go back to Steamboat Springs.

• Stayed: December 2012
Jesse P, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2013

I'm so glad we were able to find you a good doctor to take care of you. Thank you for the review!

Reviewed 20 January 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for one night during a visit to Steamboat Resort. We just needed a place to get a good night's sleep, and this hotel was a good, basic value option. The room was clean and quiet once our many neighbors with young kids settled in for the night, with the one exception of the heating unit - the fan was unusually loud. It came on and off all night, rattling and disrupting our sleep. I actually heard other guests in the morning mentioning the same issue. I tried turning it off completely, but it was too cold. Other than that minor issue, even with being in the front of the hotel near the entrance, I didn't hear any noise all night and I'm a very light sleeper. The front desk was helpful and friendly, and the continental breakfast was fairly decent.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

I am happy to inform you that all of our heating issues with the noisy fans have been fixed and we have not received any complaints for the rest of the season. I'm glad that my front desk was helpful and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed 16 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on business for only one night. The hotel is in good condition, updated and a big TV. The front desk was ok as well. My problem was the building itself. It felt like the walls and ceiling were paper thin. You can hear a normal conversation almost word for word in the room beside you and above you. Needless to say I didn't get a very good night sleep. It's in steamboat springs so the price for the hotel is mediocre. I'm a gold elite with marriott and they really don't care about it. I was not impressed.

• Stayed: January 2013

Its always hard staying in hotels because they can be so noisy. But we are always willing to keep the noise level down especially at night when everyone is tucked into bed that our associates do property walks every 30 minutes. We really do care that you are a Gold Elite Marriott member with us and I'm sorry that you were not appreciated when you stayed with us. I have addressed this issue with all employees and hope to see you again!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Unfortunately, the hotel does not seem to have a reliable Lost and Found feature. We forgot a base for a tooth brush in the bath room. The hotel manager claims it was found in the trash can of the bath room and that it was thrown away because it was in the trash can. We are 100% sure we did not put the base into the trash can. There was also no way to put it into the trash can accidentally. The trash can was underneath the sink at all times. We find it annoying that we have to spend $100 for a new electrical tooth brush and that there was not much help from the manager.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 January 2013

We got to the Boat with reservations in hand for another establishment across the street but after taking a look at the room we realized our mistake. A quick call to Fairfield to check on availability and we headed on over. Ironically we got the same room as last time, a great King room with jacuzzi tub in the room and fireplace that is also dog friendly! The rates are competitive and with the breakfast included it's a deal. If I could change one thing it would be to have the cleaning supply room in a different area. The staff is excellent but the loud chitter chatter of Spanish in the morning was more than I could take prompting me to step outside and "shush" them. They were much quieter on the second morning thankfully. The cost, closeness to the free bus and location make the Fairfield my favorite chain in the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a king room, it's worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Stayed there a couple of times and they have some good beds to sleep in. It was pretty clean. One point they were remodeling the breakfast room, next day, I went in and it was pretty nice. Would surely recommend and go back anytime to stay! Love that it's so close when entering Steamboat!!!

Room Tip: Make your reservation ASAP!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 December 2012

The hotel facilities are beautiful. I think they just re-did the breakfast and lobby area as it looks newer than the rest of the hotel. Rooms are very comfy with extra roomy showers, nice TV's, and awesome beds. The suites have a great little jacuzzi tub in the room for a more comfortable bath, too. Staff was very friendly and accommodating--they are knowledgeable about all the great things to do and eat around town!

Room Tip: Definitely book a suite if you want a little extra comfort.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple