The West Condominiums
Steamboat Mountain Lodge(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$121
Legacy Vacation Resorts-Steamboat Hilltop(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$129
Quality Inn & Suites(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$93
QualityInn
The Inn at Steamboat(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$130
The Steamboat Grand(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$163
  • Pool
Hotel Bristol(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$155
Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$168
Hampton Inn And Suites Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$211
US$177
La Quinta Inn Steamboat Springs(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$166
US$141
Hotels.com
Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas(Steamboat Springs)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$161
  • Pool
All reviewsgondola squareshort walkthe kitchengreat locationpull out couchbalcony facingbathroom unitfree transittransportation centerentire condotwo outdoor hot tubsevery other dayshuttle service isski tripmurphy bedexcellent stayski hill
Reviewed 28 September 2010

I am returning to the West for the 4th time in February 2011. We travel from Scotland, UK to ski here every year and have found The West to be ideal. The accommodation is great - really homely and comfortable rather than fancy but really clean with loads of storage space and great facilities. You can store your skis at the gondola base. The location is ideal - only 100 metres from the gondola. The staff are really helpful and the small bus will take you wherever you want to go whether on the mountain or downtown.
We love it.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leahellon
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Great location a few minutes from the gondola. Condo was very nicely furnished with new TV's, loads of appliances in kitchen - very cosy! The hot tubs and swimming pool were a nice touch too. Shuttle bus to grocery store & town was very good with extremely helpful drivers.
Overall really enjoyed it and would go back again.
Two things to note : the furnishing of some of the condos are not as nice as others, it 's a bit of pot luck unfortunately. Secondly, various reviewers say you get free storage at gondola square - this is only if you rent with Christy (I think) ski rentals. (otherwise you can pay $4/night to leave you skis in the ski storage at gondola square if you rent from elsewhere .)

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2010

That's the best thing about these condos is the great location.Right across the road from the lifts.The free shuttle is also great,to downtown or the grocery.there is a great restaurant right down the hill at The Grand Hotel called the Cabin.We really liked The West Condos,the only thing they need to do is to modernize the furnishing.The bedding and the TV are from years past. It's time for a 42inch LCD TV..

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank harleybonz
Reviewed 7 March 2010

This place was great to stay especially if you plan on skiing or want to be close to the bottom of the slopes. It is only a couple of minutes walk to the Gondola (or they will drive you).

The room that we stayed in had a fully furnished kitchen (including dishwasher). Storage for wet ski clothes just at the door. The main bed was located in a loft area and the stairs were quite steep. We never used the pull out couch. The gas fireplace was nice touch and put out a lot of heat.

The heated pool and the 2 hottubs were sufficient even though the hottubs were inside.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank slimandclubby
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I got a great bargain when I stayed at The West last month. I enjoyed my studio which had a kitchen, gas fireplace and lots of closet space--all of whcih was a good value. Moreover, the building had a coin laundry unit at the bottom.

However, I did have a few gripes,. For one things my bags were heavy and I had to lug them up a flight of stairs, as well as lug them over three steps outside my building (both of my bags had wheels on them). For the benefit of travelers with disabilities, those who are carrying around skis (the ski lockers are in the basement) and those who are carrying heavy bags, an elevator should be installed. Perhaps one was available in my building but no one pointed it out to me.

Second, while I appreciated the stereo system which accomodated CDs, it seemed to be on its last legs. More than once, I had to go through the process of activating the CD player over and over just to make sure the player caught the CD that I was trying to play. It seemed as if my model was an older Yamaha.

Nonetheless, I enjoyed this place and might stay here again should I return to Steamboat. The location was great and I appreciated the walk to the transit hub and the ski area, which had a great selection of restaurants and shops where I could buy postcards, etc. The desk staff was kind enough to get out my postcards in time. Thanks to them for making my stay worthwhile.

With the aforementioned conditions, I would recommend this place. There are other places in the Steamboat area which cost less and are notable (such as the Bristol and Rabbit Ears). One advantage to them was that they were convenient to the Winter Carnival which was taking place while I was here.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled solo