The Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs is a nice hotel. The hotel is very clean and well-maintained. Also, the hotel staff were absolutely terrific. They are extremely friendly and helpful, and they bent over backwards to help their guests. I can't say enough good things about well they treated us and the other guests while we were there.
While this hotel would be absolutely fine for a business traveler, it is not, unfortunately, ideal for a ski vacation because of its location. While the hotel offers a free shuttle to the slopes, guests have to either drive or take the shuttle to do anything in Steamboat. The mountain is a little over a mile away and the town of Steamboat Springs is a mile or two past that. (We booked the hotel at the last minute on Priceline; otherwise we wouldn't have chosen it given the location.) Obviously, there's nothing the hotel management can do about the location, and this isn't a knock against them. However, there are a couple of things that would help make this hotel more attractive to skiers. First, while the restaurant is nice and clean, I think they should seriously consider converting this hotel to a Holiday Inn Express with a free breakfast. At $80 for breakfast in the hotel restaurant for our family of 6, we couldn't afford to make that mistake twice. Second, the hotel also needs to offer in-room movies. While the skiing in Steamboat Springs is great, there's really not a lot to do with teenagers in Steamboat after dark. If we had rented a condo, we would have probably watched a movie together after dinner, and, at the hotel, we would have all piled into one room and watched a movie at night, if that had been available. However, this wasn't an option in the hotel, and we ended up going to the movies a mile or two down the street. Also, one very minor (third) point, there's a laundry on the second floor of the hotel, which is a nice amenity. However, as I learned on our last morning when I went up to do some laundry, there's no change dispenser, presumably because it would make too much noise. I should have planned ahead, but, if you are staying here and plan to use the laundry, get a roll of quarters before heading upstairs.
In short, this is a nice and clean hotel, and the staff are the best. However, the purpose of Trip Advisor is to provide advice to fellow travelers, and I have to say that this hotel isn't the best option for a family on a ski vacation. A condo or hotel near the slopes, while admittedly more expensive, or even a hotel in the town of Steamboat Springs would have been preferable for us because it would have allowed us to do more while we were in Steamboat Springs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our award winning hotel is home to two beautiful pools and hot tubs, we offer a state of the art fitness center, and free high-speed WiFi throughout the property. Rex's American Grill & Bar serves some of Steamboat's best food, offers a summer outdoor patio bar with live entertainment and stunning mountain views.We are in the heart of the breath taking Rocky Mountains and are adjacent to the world renowned Steamboat Ski Resort. Winter activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sleigh riding and snowmobiling in the back country. During the Spring, Summer and Fall, activities include golf at Haymaker Golf Course, kayaking, floating or fishing the Yampa and Elk rivers, mountain & road biking and hiking in Routt National Forest. Water sports activities are available at Steamboat Lake and Stagecoach Reservoir. The fall marks hunting season & the viewing of our spectacular fall colors. Steamboat is home to many summer events for families, sports, concerts, wine fest and arts festivals. The Strawberry Park Hot Springs is available year round spa relaxation. Downtown shopping includes museums, galleries, boutique gift shops and restaurants ranging from barbeque to gourmet. We are a AAA three diamond rated resort, four spurs by the Steamboat Chamber and we are a pet friendly hotel. We offer meeting space at Rex's American Grill & Bar, a sports bar with large HD TVs and serves home made, delicous American fare. Children 12 and under eat free with an adult. Our staff will provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service and we all look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Holiday Inn