You can’t really go wrong with this chain. The Holliday Inn in Steamboat was not an exception. There were little bells and whistles but we didn’t go for Ritz either when we booked it.
Location: Very convenient right on Lincoln pretty much as soon as you get into town from US40. They have huge sign which you can’t really miss day or night. They are about 3-4 min by car to downtown and have a free city shuttle stop right next to them. They got their own shuttle too, but I think it only runs in winter.
Check in/out/staff: Very efficient and professional check in process – we were prepaid thought the travel site we booked them on so most of the time it took us to check in was asking the staff about events in town on that day and dinner recommendations. Staff was very professional and when our key didn’t work the front desk attendant personally went to the room to make sure the replacement keys worked fine. Check out was even quicker and we also gotten good recommendation for breakfast.
Amenities/rooms: Even though we didn’t use any, the hotel got a fitness center, pool, hot tub and a restaurant on site. The room was relatively spacious and had all you’d need and a bit more – a fridge was a nice extra. I don’t remember seeing a safe there, as most hotels do these days, but I didn’t look for one either. The TV selection was relatively basic – something to keep in mind if that’s important (we didn’t care). We also didn’t see any robes, but I wonder if we may have gotten them if we asked. The whole hotel was nicely updated and very clean – that included rooms, lobby and hallways. Free WiFi was also included in price. Bed was very comfortable too and lines were of very good quality. Parking was plentiful.
Price: It’s a bit on the high side for a budget motel – we paid just under $100 with all the taxes/fees/etc included - even though it was kept up very nicely and somewhat updated. But, then again, Steamboat, even in between seasons, is not a very cheap place to stay. There were cheaper motels around but we didn’t feel that saving $20-$25/night (and we wouldn’t have saved much more) would compensate for something run down and uncomfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our award winning hotel is home to two beautiful pools and hot tubs, we offer a state of the art fitness center, and free high-speed WiFi throughout the property. Rex's American Grill & Bar serves some of Steamboat's best food, offers a summer outdoor patio bar with live entertainment and stunning mountain views.We are in the heart of the breath taking Rocky Mountains and are adjacent to the world renowned Steamboat Ski Resort. Winter activities include skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, cross country skiing, sleigh riding and snowmobiling in the back country. During the Spring, Summer and Fall, activities include golf at Haymaker Golf Course, kayaking, floating or fishing the Yampa and Elk rivers, mountain & road biking and hiking in Routt National Forest. Water sports activities are available at Steamboat Lake and Stagecoach Reservoir. The fall marks hunting season & the viewing of our spectacular fall colors. Steamboat is home to many summer events for families, sports, concerts, wine fest and arts festivals. The Strawberry Park Hot Springs is available year round spa relaxation. Downtown shopping includes museums, galleries, boutique gift shops and restaurants ranging from barbeque to gourmet. We are a AAA three diamond rated resort, four spurs by the Steamboat Chamber and we are a pet friendly hotel. We offer meeting space at Rex's American Grill & Bar, a sports bar with large HD TVs and serves home made, delicous American fare. Children 12 and under eat free with an adult. Our staff will provide you with friendly, courteous and professional service and we all look forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs Hotel Steamboat Springs
- Steamboat Springs Holiday Inn