“Not bad, not great.”

Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs
Ranked #4 of 21 Hotels in Steamboat Springs
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We arrived at the Holiday Inn on a Saturday afternoon, check-in was relatively painless. There was a lot of construction during our stay, but overall the accommodations were decent. We didn't spend that much time there; the location is a bit far from downtown, and not easily accessible to all bus lines. Overall, it was a good stay. Nice TV and king sized bed.

Also, the hotel is pet friendly, but beware of leaving your pet for even a few minutes. They do hall checks!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
SteamboatHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2010

Our aim is to be rated excellent, so we will take this review to heart and see where we need to improve. Grateful for guests taking the time to share their experiences.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

Steamboat is a mandatory destination 4x a year for me. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn many times. I'm thrilled they renovated the rooms and are working on the landscaping. They also are supplying the rooms with more towels!!! A/C unit was quiet, modern tv, new frige, microwave, coffee maker. It's sort of morphing into a Holiday Inn Express. The room layout was perfect. It's situated to accomodate the luggage rack without having it be in your way. Lamps have three modes, instead of either blasting bright or too dim. You get to choose. I can't say enough about this value. I know it's easier to keep a newer unit clean, but the room was pin clean. They accept pets which is a nice touch. The room housing the ice maker and pop machine was super clean. There is a litle more space and that feels good. I am thrilled I have a place to stay that I don't dread for my business trips. Steamboat is limited, which I don't understand because they have a large population. It's not a little ski town. They are starving for more business traveler friendly hotels. But for now, I remain loyal to the Holiday Inn.

I noticed the restaurant is panned by many T.A. folks. I agree with the service issue but the food seems to be acceptable.

Watch your speed when you bomb over Rabbit Ears Pass. The police love to hide on the down side (Steamboat side). Welcome to town, here's a speeding ticket,

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Justwantgoodservice
Reviewed 19 April 2010

From the cordial, hospitality of the welcoming staff at the front desk, to the fabulous menu that is an epicurean's delight at Rex's Restaurant, the Holiday Inn at Steamboat Springs is positively first-rate.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2010

Thanks to a lovely front desk attendant who made sure to make me feel right at home upon arrival, my stay in Steamboat was off the a wonderful start. My room was spacious, comfortable and inviting. The bar and restaraunt were fantastic, with great food (be sure to try the Bisque!) and servers and staff who made sure my every need was met. This was my first trip to Steamboat, and I'm happy to say I will be returning very soon--not only to enjoy the incredible scenery once more, but to also see my new-found friends at the Holiday Inn! Happy Travels!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
SteamboatHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We try hard and it is fun when we get recognized. Thank you! We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed 11 April 2010

Steamboat is a great place to visit, and the Holiday Inn is a great place to stay while you are there. Quiet, comfortable, a very good restaurant with a really good, happenin' bar as well. I've stayed before and always get a great night's sleep after days spent in the out of doors.Love the big screen TV.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. Our dedicated staff just loves to hear your praise. Hope to see you again soon. Thank you very much.

Reviewed 21 March 2010

We were in Steamboat for a hockey tournament and stayed 2 nights at the holiday inn. We found the rooms to be a bit small (we were in a standard room with both hockey and ski gear) but clean, and comfortable. Staff were helpful and nice. Breakfast vouchers were given, and the breakfast's at Rex were good but service was a little slow. The fridge and microwave along with the flat screen TV, were a nice touch! The pool heater was broken which was a bummer, but they did comp us for a trip to the city hot springs, which were a blast! We thought that it was very fair to comp us for the lack of the pool.
For the price you can't go wrong and we wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2010

The personnel at the Hotel itself were awesome but the staff at Rexs which is the resturant at this Holiday Inn had the rudest most ignorant staff I have ever seen. The bartender was great but the waiters and waitresses were horrible. I would reccomend the hotel and possibly having a drink at the bar but I would not reccomend dining in the resturant itself. There are better places to eat in the downtown area which isn't very far from the Inn.

Stayed: October 2007, travelled on business
SteamboatHolidayInn, General Manager at Holiday Inn Steamboat Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2010

We appreciate that you took your time to send us comments about your experience. We will discuss your comments with the restaurant. It is dissappointing when any of our departments fall short of our guests expectations. If you care to share the detail of your experience, I am always available to listen. Thank you for your kinds words about the hotel staff. Everyone will be proud to share your words. We hope to welcome you again in the near future.