“Great for the price.”

Shadow Run Condominiums
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We took a family of 5 to Steamboat for spring break and rented Shadow Run E303, 3rd floor two bedroom unit. The unit is nice but a little tiny for us,a few extra feet in each room would have been nice. The bus service was wonderful, the hot tub was great, everything worked, it was well stocked, and the maid service was prompt. The internet connection is one wired line (RJ45) but we found an unsecured WiFi the children used. All in all for the $ I would recommend staying here. You may want to try a 2br with loft for more space depending on your party size.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kevin C

Reviewed 2 March 2011

We stayed in a 2 bedroom with loft at Shadow Run. It had everything we needed. We had the opportunity to peek into other condos while there, and everyone is owned separately so there is different decor, a different level of remodeling, etc. So some of the reviews are misleading when they assume all condos are the same level of quality. When I reserved one, I asked for a more updated condo. Some are top of the line and some have not been updated. But I think it's a great value when you are paying such high costs for lift tickets, etc. One of the local owners said there are great plans for updating the entire condo complex exterior. The new outdoor fireplace/hot tub area is really nice.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2010

We stayed in the 2 bedroom + loft floorplan. The place had plenty of room, and it was definately a descent place to stay, and it was as expected for the price. It was clean, and I disagree with some other reviews that said it was a ghetto... those reviews almost made me change my reservation, but they are completely untrue. It's definately safe, and I'm glad I stayed here.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaxbert
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Steamboat Springs is an amazing place to ski, and the free bus service from Shadow Run Condominiums makes getting to and from the mountain pretty easy. But the company that you need to contact in order to stay there is called Mountain Resorts. It seems that all 3 people who I dealt with when I finally found my way to their office were so unhelpful...it felt as if they were impostors who stepped behind the counter as a joke while the actual customer service providers had stepped away for a minute. They looked as if I had interrupted them. They provided no greeting or information, couldn't give good directions to their own properties, and just stood silently until I asked for basic instructions and details. I have yet to meet people so unwilling to offer any help, suggestions or willingness to solve issues. Though their website claimed there was a pool, when I asked about it, I found out that the pool was under construction. When I talked to them about how disappointed I was to discover this, they promised a manager would call me, and after 2 days without a call, I called again. This time I was told there was nothing they could do. I suggested that they give me a key to a pool at one of their other properties and they just could not see how that was possible. They suggested that I call orbitz and see if they could offer a solution, or that I pay $12/day per person to swim in town. I'm not sure which "solution" was more unsatisfactory. I wish I could have rented the condo from the owner instead of needing to go through this company.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DPH55
Reviewed 31 December 2008

Stayed at Shadow Run in a top floor 1 beedroom unit along with our two yonger kids. It was clean, well kept, and had anything we needed and more.

Location is better than most. Right on the shuttle, easy to the gondola square or downtown. You can walk to a small market and some places to eat if you like and for us that was a good choice. Overall it was more than we expected and in comparing it with other ski areas where we have stayed it was a heck of a value.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Our family stayed at the Shadow Run Condos in Steamboat Springs CO, run by Mountain Resorts. We were there Jul 20-27 for a baseball tournament. They are reasonably priced and appropriate perhaps for a young family or college students on a budget. The condo we had was on the 1st floor which is actually taking steps down to ground level. When we walked into the condo it smelled like the windows hadn't been opened all year, it had an old, dirty, musty smell like dust and dampness. The rooms are very small, our condo was a 2 brm/2ba with a queen futon in the living room. The bedrooms are very small, the TV in the guest room didn't work, the guest room was supposed to be the master bedroom,it had the adjoining bathroom and double closets but had 2 twin beds, the guest room that my husband & I used had a queen bed but a separate bathroom. The washing machine didn't have warm/hot water. The futon in the living room was dirty, the toaster didn't work properly. The housekeeping service would deliver clean towels daily but forgot to pick up the used towels, and they didn't take the trash out daily like they're supposed to. There was no vacuum in our condo so they couldn't do the vacuuming on Wednesday when they do the mid-week minimum cleaning. They barely spoke/understood English.

I am an ex-travel agent and I wouldn't recommend these condos to anybody, unless you're a college student or a young couple and on a tight budget. They're close to the ski area and a free shuttle to downtown right outside the door, but that's the only plus this place has. It was like staying in a dungeon, it was depressing to be cooped up in there. Thank goodness we were at baseball games all day, didn't want to spend any time in the condo except for sleeping.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 1 April 2008

After a 20 hour drive we checked in and the only thing offered to us at the desk was our key. No shuttle info, town info, hotel info. Got to our room and went straight for a shower....COLD!!!! Picked up the phone to call, phone didn't work. Maintenace guy checks hot water heater and tells us it's old and should be replaced, call if it is the same tomorrow. We could barely get enough hot water for our morning showers each day. Second day we get back and clean towels were placed on our kitchen table, did not pick up dirty towels or take out garbage. Next day, no towels or garbage pick up at all. Called and maintenance brought towels at 7:30pm. Next day we did get towels, no garbage pick up. Walked around facility and saw bags of dirty towels laying in the parking lot. When I checked out I expressed my disappointment but of course never did hear from management or anything like that. Price is ok but there is no customer service at all for these unit. Steamboat is wonderful and I have been coming for 8 years, I was sad to see the lack of effort or caring put into these units.

Stayed: March 2008