“Long weekend stay / wrong choice.”

Timber Run Condominiums
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Way expensive, steep up front payments, no cancellation. Okay I can eeeek by that because soccer manager selected. But for my $780 for the weekend? No housekeeping!!!!! Told every 2 days? Beds barely made (comforter tossed over rumpled sheets), no new shampoo or soap completely out, housekeeping absolutely would not wipe up kitchen let alone dishes. Okay if I wanted this service would stay home with my teenager!

Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Great place to stay with kids. Lots of forest animal decor. Access to ski area. Outdoor pool and multiple hot tubs--nice set up. Easy check in/out. Small patio/outdoor area with access to walking trail. Kitchen well-equipped with cooking utensils. Lots of space!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Wow, where to start?

Check-in: Checked-in and was advised we were in unit 117, and upstairs unit on the top floor. Great, no problem. I get my three sets of room keys and proceed to make one trip up to the top floor with a load of luggage. Get to the top and discover that none of the keys would work. So, back to the front office for a new set. Another trip up to the top floor with more luggage and again, the key don't work. This time (the 3rd time) I send my wife back to the office for yet another set of keys while I continue to make more trips up the stairs with luggage and supplies. My wife returns and informs me that they were trying to assign us the wrong room, that we were actually in unitl #212. Seriously you cant make this stuff up. So down we go with all of our stuff, and back up again on the next building over, and again on the top floor! YES, this would be a sign of things to come.

We finally get settled in to #212 and we notice that the lovely owners of this unitl saw fit to leave out several hundred of their personal family pictures all around the place. Seriously? Nothing like looking a pictures of John and Mary on your bedroom nightstand. Please, trust me, no one wants to see your personal pictures everywhere. Its a rental! It freaked my kids out. I joked that I was going to go and take a bunch of random pictures of strangers and place them in every picture they had of themselves but I literally would have taken me a week to do this there were some many pictures. Besides, if I owned a unit that was this badly decorated I wouldn't want people to know it was my property. It looks like they found the closest garage sale they could find and baught the whole lot and hung it on the walls. The "feather" covered lamp was particularly disgusting!

Finally the property mangers must have hired an off-duty prison guard to look after the pool area, grill area, etc., as he constantly went around barking orders at everyone, even adults. We were in a group of about 9 families and we were all ready to tell this guy to take a hike after just a few hours. Oddly enough, come Sunday (we checked in on a Thursday and out on a Monday) there was not a single person on site. The office was locked up and the prison guard was gone.

In summary, there has to better places than this in Steamboat to stay. This place simply treated you like you were an inconvenience to their otherwise peaceful existenance. Not to worry, we won't be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mach_92
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We have stayed at Timber Run on two other occasions and were very pleased. We felt that it was a good value and Wyndam resorts have exceptional customer service. They even put a bottle of wine in the condo to welcome you. The pool and hot tub facilities are big enough to handle quite a few guests. Normally the condos are updated and very comfortable for our family of 4 with bigger kids. This visit we got a condo that is in serious need of an update. That was fine, the unit was clean. The only downside was the "king" bed was actually two twins pulled together. The other bedroom had a day bed with a trundle bed which appears to be the one bedroom rental portion of this unit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
WVRSteamboat, General Manager at Timber Run Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you for your recent review for your stay at Timber Run Condominiums. We truly appreciate your return business to the property! The pool and hot tubs here are definitely a very popular amenity. The condominiums at the property are individually owned and decorated differently and the bedding in the condominiums can vary. I will pass your comments on to the owner of the unit. We do hope to host your next vacation to Steamboat Springs!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We enjoyed our week-long stay at Timber Run very much. Our 2bd/ba unit was comfortably appointed and spacious. However, there were a number of nits that required frequent calls to the desk - non-functioning outlets, missing hair dryer, etc. Most calls were quickly resolved although we did need to make an emergency trip to Walgreens for a hair-dryer to make sure wet hair didn't turn into a cold.

The office staff were *extremely* helpful (I'm lookin' at you, Laura) and the shuttle service to the lifts and into town were frequent, prompt, and courteous. While we had a rental car, we would have been just as happy without a car.

The sleeper sofa wasn't great - my son complained of frequent neck aches.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ronnotel
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Timber Run Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Timber Run Condominiums. We are glad to see that you found your condominium comfortable. We do apologize for the small annoying issues that you encountered during your time with us. I will be passing your positive comments on to Laura at the front desk and the shuttle drivers- they all do such a great job! We hope to have the opportunity to host your next vacation in Steamboat Springs!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Beautiful 2 bedroom condo (number 104), nice and warm, spacious and can sleep up to 8 which is pretty amazing! Really close to the ski area and downtown with frequent shuttles to the ski area (we had a bit more difficulty getting the shuttle into town but it's only about 10min away). Lovely warm pool and hot tubs available (pool is around 90 degrees) and staff are very friendly. Ski lockers outside the cabins. Note, for good rates on timber run condos, look on air bnb. It was a bit noisy as we have a young baby so were going to sleep quite early - lots of noise of people going up and down stairs to their condos, having conversations while we were trying to get to sleep around 10pm

Room Tip: look on air bnb
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank lil_bubs
SteamboatResorts, General Manager at Timber Run Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Timber Run Condos. I am glad you enjoyed the property and all of its amenities and that you found the staff to be friendly. I am sorry you had some issues with noise while you were here. Next time, I invite you to call Wyndham Vacation Rentals to book directly, as we manage most of the units at the property and can try to find a unit with a quieter location for you, while still giving you a great rate. Thanks again, and we look forward to hosting you on your next trip to Steamboat!
wvrsteamboat.com

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were just there for a huge group trip with OutdoorsCo.com. We had about 14 people in two condos #401 and #412. I loved our unit and it was decorated and updated perfectly. The staff was always friendly and attentive. Hot tubs were always cleaned and the shuttle buses ran like clockwork. The boys in our condos were always running to the office in the morning to beat eachother for the bear claw donuts. This is the 2nd time I have stayed at this property and they are very consistant.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Timber Run Condominiums. We always enjoying hosting the Outdoors Colorado Group year after year! We are glad you enjoyed the hot tubs, shuttle service and the delicious bear claw donuts! We hope to have the opportunity to host your next vacation in Steamboat Springs!