“FABULOUS Bike Trip!”
Review of Active England

Active England
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unforgettable cycle and walking tours in the most historic, iconic sites in England. Travel through glorious chocolate-box Cotswold towns and villages stopping at these amazing locations on the way: Windsor - home of the Royal Family; Oxford, with a walking tour of this famous city; Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill; Bath and its ancient Roman Spa; Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare; Stonehenge, the most imposing of neolithic monuments; and Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey. We run exciting tours in Devon and Cornwall too! After an exhilarating day cycling or walking, experience the luxury of our Prestige-level accommodation - with ivy-clad hotels, sumptuous linen, real ales in the bar, fresh local produce, award-winning dining, and deep, relaxing bathtubs. Accompanied by fun-loving, professional guides, our local experts will always go the extra mile to make your tour an experience you'll be telling your friends about for years to come.
Reviewed 11 July 2015

Our vacation and experience with Pedal England was wonderful. I was so surprised to read the review from Peter (from London) about lack of communication, because one of the reasons we decided upon Pedal England was that they communicated and got back to us immediately with any and all questions or concerns. We were a group of friends who did great a great deal of research on which bike company to use and decided to go with Pedal England. It was a great decision. I can't say enough about all aspects of the trip. The food and accommodations were wonderful, the biking was adaptable to fulfill all levels (higher levels given the choice of biking further each day), the countryside spectacular and the leaders very knowledgeable. So it was an enjoyable learning experience as well.
It was a trip of a lifetime. What a fabulous way to see the Cotswolds! The top priority was safely, the guys were very knowledgeable and the tours that came with the trip were well thought out and most enjoyable. I would highly recommend this company and trip!! It would be great for family, friends, couples and even singles.

All reviews
"bikes"
in 13 reviews
"riders"

Reviewed 9 July 2015

This was my first bike trip and it was as smooth as I could have imagined. The Cotswolds are lovely and every day we experienced bucolic biking and amazing historic sights. Will, Ian and Geraint were helpful and knowledgeable and non-judgmental (which was important to me as a novice on this kind of trip). The hotels were quite nice and the only bump was slow dining service. If anything, I would have enjoyed doing a little less...but then, there's nothing that I would have wanted to cut from the itinerary. Windsor Palace, Blenheim Palace, Oxford, Stratford, the charming small villages...it was a great way to take it all in. Thanks Pedal England...I'll wear my shirt with pride!

Reviewed 7 July 2015

To everyone I think you need to be aware. My father and I have emailed and phoned Pedal England a lot over the last couple of weeks and received no responses. Initially they led my father on offering no commitment an instead telling him to allow more time for the trip to fill even though it is their busiest time of year. My father has booked a trip which involves flying from Australia to England and had set aside that week. We now suspect they have gone bankrupt or best case missing in action. Be very careful.

1  Thank Peter B
LouisaKS, Owner at Active England, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2015

Our sincere apologies. We have indeed been waiting for the 17 August trip to fill up an have replied to your email directly. This summer is our busiest yet with most weeks until mid September fully booked. Sometimes the mid / late August tours take a while to fill due to the end of the holidays in North America.

Apologies once again,

The Pedal England Team

Reviewed 2 July 2015

Our tour was an enjoyable six days of cycling through the beautiful Cotswold countryside. Pedal England did their very best to accommodate our requests and needs, while keeping us safe and on the right paths, which were mainly country roads mixed with farm lanes. Terrain varied from rolling hills to challenging slopes. SAG (support and gear) vehicle was always nearby with water and assistance, if needed. The guides were very professional, courteous and welcoming to our group, often sharing a beverage with us at the end of a full day of touring.
Every day was enjoyable! Well worth the journey, whether with family or friends!