“Pedal England...a trip through the Cotswolds you won't soon forget..lovely!”
Review of Active England

Active England
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Unforgettable cycle and walking tours in the most historic, iconic sites in England. Travel through glorious chocolate-box Cotswold towns and villages stopping at these amazing locations on the way: Windsor - home of the Royal Family; Oxford, with a walking tour of this famous city; Blenheim Palace, birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill; Bath and its ancient Roman Spa; Stratford-upon-Avon, home of William Shakespeare; Stonehenge, the most imposing of neolithic monuments; and Highclere Castle, better known as Downton Abbey. We run exciting tours in Devon and Cornwall too! After an exhilarating day cycling or walking, experience the luxury of our Prestige-level accommodation - with ivy-clad hotels, sumptuous linen, real ales in the bar, fresh local produce, award-winning dining, and deep, relaxing bathtubs. Accompanied by fun-loving, professional guides, our local experts will always go the extra mile to make your tour an experience you'll be telling your friends about for years to come.
Reviewed 19 September 2015

My sister and I travelled to England for our first time ever in August 2015 and started our journey with an eight day cycling trip with Pedal England. The trip was a pleasure right from the ease of booking and the attentiveness of Will the owner to my email questions through to the end of the magical eight day trip. The accommodations, food and the company of others did not disappoint. The guides were attentive to detail, a fountain of knowledge and by the end of the trip friends we wouldn't soon forget. The cycling took us through beautiful terrain, true to the spirit of olde England and though there were some challenging climbs along the way..all was manageable ..and there was of course the ever present support vehicle for those of us who needed a wee break. The places visited were well thought out, nothing to worry about as all was taken care of in terms of entry and well timed as part of the cycling journey for the day. We enjoyed lovely pubs for lunch and at the end of the day, conversation and great company over a pint or two before heading off for dinner. Our trip of a lifetime was made truly memorable by being part of the Pedal England journey. I'd happily join them for another trip through the Cotswolds - with any luck sometime soon!

All reviews
"bikes"
in 13 reviews
"riders"

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Very well-planned adventures every day! We felt we were in the best of hands as we cycled through the amazing Cotswolds. The guides were fantastic - knowledgeable, reliable, friendly. Some days were more challenging on bikes than others, but we never felt pressured and enjoyed the beautiful scenery every moment. We had the time of our lives on this trip and hope to return.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

My 15/yo daughter and I took the five day trip through the Cotswolds this August. We had a wonderful time. The rides were hilly and challenging for this out-of-shape cyclist, but just right for my daughter. The guides have me plenty of encouragement and I was able finish each day's ride. It was a nice mix of rides, plus sight seeing. We saw Windsor Castle, Blenheim Palace, Hicote, Oxford and many charming villages. The accommodations were very comfortable and food was great. All-in-all, I'd do this again.

Reviewed 18 August 2015

We just returned from a great bike tour in the Cotswolds north of London. The Company Pedal England provided bikes, good hotels (3 different ones during the 8 day tour), breakfast, dinner and entry to attractions as well as a van for tired legs, trailer for bikes and a four man, yes really four of them, team of guides / drivers.
This really was a full service tour and allowed a degree of differentiation between faster and slower groups with up to 3 different groups on some of our days.
The cycling was not always flat but the hills (and there were some no matter what they tell you) are of a manageable size as the Cotswolds is rolling rather than mountainous. A few minutes in a low gear could usually do the trick (and the van was on hand if not to your taste)
The scenery we saw was almost always bucolic and tranquil as we kept to the smallest roads you can imagine and the attractions on the tour were iconic and emblematic of England with castles, gardens, stately homes, ancient monuments and of course the home of Shakespeare
All in all I would thoroughly recommend this trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 July 2015

My tour this July was a terrific experience. In fact, I had done a tour with them in the summer of 2013, and I loved it so much I went back this summer, 2015. The countryside is stunningly gorgeous – one lovely village (usually with a historic church) after another. And in between them are great vistas across the Cotswold hills. Each day features a couple of destinations. Some are big venues like Blenheim Palace, Hidcote Gardens, Highclere Castle, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Oxford, etc.; others are more quaint and equally wonderful (the woolen museum, Kelmscott Manor, the Old Mill in Lower Slaughter, the weavers’ cottages in Bibury, and numerous pubs and cafes for stops along the way). Be sure to have plenty of room on your phone or camera for the 100s of pictures you’ll want to take. The cycling routes between these sites and the hotels are mostly country lanes with very little traffic. The terrain is rolling hills that most cyclists can manage easily. But if you need a ride or a rest, that is totally ok; the van is always close by. The hotels are lovely – great rooms, fine dining, and beautiful gardens for happy hour and post-cycling relaxation. The guides (Ian and Geraint) are really terrific, and their professionalism and friendliness is a huge part of what makes this tour company so good. They live in the Cotswolds themselves, so they really know the area and are full of great anecdotes and information about the history of the region. The guides are keen to help make everyone’s vacation what they would like. (They worked out a detour for me on my first trip to a village that I was interested in, and everyone enjoyed the serendipity of this stop.) They manage the schedule so there’s plenty of time to see everything without being rushed. One thing I really appreciate about Pedal England is their commitment to everyone’s safety; the group stays together on the road for the most part, and the guides always aid the group in crossing the occasional busy road and in making those tricky (for U.S. folks) right hand turns that are a challenge for even the seasoned cyclist. The bikes were great as well. Finally, I found the communication with the company to be very consistent. E-mails were answered quickly, and before my first tour, I asked the owner, Will, to call me, and he did at my convenience. I described my first tour with Pedal England as the trip of a lifetime; my second tour was just as wonderful. And I’d go back again (though they might get tired of me!). Thanks guys!