“I did not have a good experience here”
Review of J & L Cafe

J & L Cafe
Ranked #3 of 40 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Great little locally owned restaurant.
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stopped in to eat breakfast here last week and ordered a Chicken Fried Steak Breakfast.
Though the service was fast and the amount of food was more than adequate, The meat was not good. It smelled sour and when I cut into it, it looked as if it had not been cooked properly. The restaurant did comp the meal. It will be a long time before I can ever eat Chicken Fried Steak Again. I have eaten here several times over the years and this is the first time I have ever had any issues. Did they change cooks?

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Breakfast was delicious. They give generous portions and priced right. Lots of menu options. Great place for families.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great service, great food, reasonable prices. All in all a great "home-town" feeling when you go to the J&L café.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were in the area birding the Pawnee National Grasslands and had to get out there early in the morning. Thank goodness for the J & L Cafe because they are open at 5:15 in the morning. They have a very friendly staff and the service is pretty fast. The food was very good. We had a great time talking to the locals that come in for breakfast. Everyone made us feel right at home. This is the place to go if you need to get up and out first thing in the morning.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We really enjoyed our BLT and the friendly service we received. I felt awkward asking the waitress to please clean our table top even though it had obviously just been passed over with a greasy cloth. This is a very necessary attention to detail in any restaurant....otherwise it seemed like a local favorite and the food was well prepared and presented. Loved those pickles!

Been to J & L Cafe? Share your experiences!