“Higher End Food, Good Variety”

Gallagher's River City Grill
Ranked #2 of 40 Restaurants in Sterling
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Everything from Burgers to Steaks, a lot of variety. Everything is a la carte, so you only pay for what you want, but this can become pricey if you want everything that usually you expect from a non a la carte restaurant.

I was looking for a quality steak and a salad, so this worked for me. The steak was well presented, a good size and cooked exactly as I requested. A 10 ounce sirloin is about $18 The tossed salad was average, not large but not tiny either.

If you are interested in alcohol there is a good variety on tap for $3-3.50. There are 3 house wines of different varieties available at $6 a glass. All others are the entire bottle at $22+.

The atmosphere was okay. A combination sports bar and slightly better than cafe environment, but good for a rural city in northeastern Colorado. The service was average.

1  Thank Hiddenshutter

Reviewed 16 June 2014

We were surprised to find this place in this town. The spinach salad and Philly cheesesteak were really good. Atmosphere good, service good. Overall, we were pleased. Prices were reasonable.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Service was friendly and very quick. Except for the baked potato that wasn't warm enough to melt my butter everything was great. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised by the range of choices on the menu. One of our party was able to get Elk while I had a burrito and another had penne pasta. All of our meals were well prepared and very good. Prices for the entrees are a bit on the high side considering that sides are extra.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you are craving a salad this is the place for you!! They have a whole page to chose from. I had the Greek salad with grilled chicken and it was delicious! My boyfriend had the little Popeye salad and loved it.The salads are huge and the service was excellent and our food arrived very quickly.