Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$91
Trailhead Inn(Winter Park)
US$155
US$139
Best Western Alpenglo Lodge(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$94
Valley Hi Motel(Winter Park)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$92
Crestview Place(Winter Park)
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe main lodgecross country skiingcoffee shopcontinental dividesleigh ridemovie theatersteam roomfire pitdevil's thumb ranch resorthorseback ridingair hockeyhot tubnordic skiingbeautiful propertyski trailszip liningnatural beauty
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It takes real vision to create a place like Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa and be able to pull off eco-luxe within the framework of come as you are casual feel. It takes an even greater degree of talent to find a place that transposes me from Type A (++) to Type B (or better!) and to do so in just a couple of days. From the sustainable commitment to all of its practices and programs, including the fabulous Ranch Creek Spa staff and treatments, to the inventive food at both Heck's and Ranch House Restaurant, this should be on every traveler's go-to list. I've never found another place like it.

Room Tip: Request a room in the new High Lonesome Lodge or in the main lodge with a meadow view -- the fireplace rooms are really nice particularly ones with a deck, but more limited in availability. Join the email list for specific specials that are only offered via email. They are great about not sending out tons of "look at how great we are" emails but ones that really offer deals and specials for guests.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed there a while back, and had the best experience from the moment I checked in to the time I reluctantly had to leave! Beautiful everywhere you turn. The staff offers fabulous customer service. I will plan future trips there soon!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We planned a special weekend during the Christmas Holiday's at DTR and could not have asked for a better place! Great staff, gorgeous accommodations, fantastic food and drinks....what a wonderful time! Go, Go, Go first chance you get...

Room Tip: Any room here is gorgeous!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 April 2014

You will not be disappointed if you stay at Devils Thumb Ranch. The resort is stunning! You walk into a beautifully-decorated rustic-room with your own fireplace and you really don't want to leave the room! There is so much to see and do including hiking and cross country skiing but all I wanted to do was sit by the fire and sip some wine. At my husband's insistence, we did leave the room and had a lovely meal right next to a wood burning fireplace, went for a dip in the out door hot tub, and skied all over the beautifully groomed cross country trails. The staff was so nice to us and treated us as if we were celebrities or something. We cannot wait to go back again. It does not get much better than this.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The location is so close to Denver that I wonder why I don't venture to Devil's Thumb more often. Each time I visit this property there is always something new and different. Now they have additional rooms with views stretching for miles - and an amazing "Wine Grotto". The attention to detail, the beautifully appointed suites, hotel lobby, spa, and property which overlooks the Continental Divide tucked well in the valley make you feel as if you are in a secluded retreat. Each time I spend an evening I feel as if I have been away for days. The staff is gracious and kind - and the two restaurants offer grand gourmet to Waygu beef burgers. It is "must see and experience place"! I am grateful that the owners refused to let a golf course take its place! Thank you DTR!!

Room Tip: Ask for "Mountainview".
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends