“Nice cozy tavern with a fancy flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tabernash Tavern

Tabernash Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Tabernash Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Tabernash
Price range: US$10 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in beautiful lower downtown Tabernash featuring the creations of internationally renowned Chef Alberto Sapien. The Tabernash Tavern features a Wine Spectator award-winning wine list as well as craft beers from around the world!
Shawnee, Kansas, United States
“Nice cozy tavern with a fancy flair”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

We had reservations on a week night for a party of 14. The decor is cozy and a bit rustic with a nice back room in which we were seated. We only had one server, so things were a bit slow service wise. Be aware that the menu is a bit pricey. Most of us chose to try to steaks and were not disappointed. They DO NOT make substitutions on any menu items and this is stated in the menu. They had some wild game selections to offer for those looking to try a different palate. The wine list was fairly extensive although most were expensive as well.
Overall, we all were very pleased with our experience and I would suggest making this one of your dinner or lunch outings while near Winter Park.

1 Thank sonyarosebower

Denver, Colorado
“Tasty TAVERN!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Tabernash Tavern is quite good. I was expecting food that would make me go WOW, which I did not get, but it was still likable. I love the decor in the restaurant. It's very rustic and and comfortable but still classy at the same time. In fact, I think this restaurant is truly the only decent classy restaurant in Winter Park. Still, that doesn't mean the food is stupendous. I mean, some dishes were so good! Like the steak and muscles. But others were okay. The proportions are huge here!!! You don't have to worry about not having enough to eat. Overall, this restaurant was pretty good and I recommend going here with family, friends, or anyone!

Creighton, Nebraska
“Not welcome...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We were told this place was a great place to eat and hoping to get in early, we left the mountain and arived around 5pm. DO NOT ARRIVE in your ski coat. I was greeted with nasty looks and asked if I had a reservation. There was room for us but we were seated at the bar. The bartender was so busy she didn't know which end was up. She tossed menus at us but was not friendly....I was turned off from the moment we arrived. Do not go without reservations and without being dressed up...even though it's a tavern, they think they are too good to serve the ski crowd. Our money is just as good as the next person ;)

Visited March 2014
Boulder, CO
“Good Food and Great Ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've had the Tabernash Tavern (Colorado) on my to-try list almost since it opened. Finally made it there. Dinner in the bar -- rustic yet classy décor. Good food. Service to match. Dynamite wine list. Now it's on my to-try-again list.

Weatherford, Texas
“Elegant Experience in a "Spot" on the Highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

If you drove by this place and didn't really catch it as a Restaurant instead of a Saw-Mill or Old Winery, then you have truly "missed" it. The dining experience is rarely found in this out-of-the-way location when compared to metropolitan areas boasting the talents of a renowned chef. We were truly surprised at the wine-list, western-elegant décor, fine service and broad selection of menu items. It is a bit pricey but your taste-buds yearn for an "I-don't-care-what-it-costs" selection, because it is worth every penny.