“Great Location, Love the Heated Floors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Columbia

Hotel Columbia
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
La Jolla, California
“Great Location, Love the Heated Floors!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wonderful hotel with charming views of the Gondola, hill and residences. This hotel is practically in front of the Gondola which takes you to the hill as well as the Village. It is also approximately only 2-3 blocks from the main street, and 1 block to a ski rental store. The beds are comfortable, nice chairs and small desk, and the kitchenette more than adequate. The bathrooms are my favorite. They provide soap and shampoo and the walls and floors are a type of material which retains heat. This combined with a tall shower glass, the shower becomes a steam bath practically, and my favorite is the heated flooring which you can regulate on your own with a switch on the bathroom wall. A heated towel rack, nice toiletries including chapstick are a nice addition and the staff is great! This was my second visit to this hotel, which has an excellent restaurant downstairs, and I will stay here on our next visit too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Hotel Columbia. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Try the summer, its an amazing time of year to be in Telluride!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have been meaning to write a review since I stayed at this hotel last September!

I love everything about this hotel. It is a wonderful family run, Boutique Hotel at the base of the mountain. I actually found them through Craigs List or VRBO, or one of those. I never expected to get such a fantastic, large room for such a reasonable price. Our room had a King bed and sitting area, a back balcony through the bathroom, an awesome, hug claw foot tub, and a refrigerator and kitchenette. It was also very modern, clean, and up to date.

It also had a wonderful buffet breakfast every morning and a delicious Happy Hour in the Cosmopolitan. As a business owner, I know what it means to take pride in what you do. There is an extra element of service added because it is family owned and run. They really go the extra mile to accommodate you.

I recommend this hotel to everyone passing through Telluride.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erinpass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! We got the room with a hot tub on the balcony and a seperate 1 bdrm. This room was perfect for us and our two kids. There were so many extra amenities thought of. Down to a very good chapstick in the room.

Needless to say the star gazing in the hot tub was extremely relaxing. The hotel is across the street from the gondola. The breakfast was the most enjoyable free hotel breakfast I've ever had. It had smoked salmon even.

Pay a lil extra and indulge at the Columbia!

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

A little about myself and Telluride first. I have been coming to this town for the last ten years. I love it, I have tried many of the hotels, probably all the restaurants, and all of the slopes... I can never seem to get enough. So it is with this history that I approach the Hotel Columbia. Here's the deal... There are certainly some advantages to staying in Mountain Village over the town, mainly ski - in and Ski - out... But as far as things to do and evening dinner Nothing beats staying in the town of Telluride it's self.. So how to you get the perfect mix of both? Why Hotel Columbia of course. Located at the foot of the gondola and wrapped around one of the best restaurants in the resort (the Cosmopolitan) it is the prefect combination.. Add to the fact that you have a lovely staff, an included breakfast from afore mentioned restaurant as part of the deal and its a no brainer. I would recommend asking for a room facing the mountain or one of the sides of the hotel. Mine faced the back and was on the top floor .. allowing me one tiny window in a sea of beige. I know the point is the skiing, but if you have to spend any time in your room for any reason at all, it can feel a bit compressed at the back. Also finding space to place things like your helmut, and goggles is a bit tricky as whom ever laid out the room took no time to think about those things.. leaving large, low shelves around the TV totally empty and filling the dresser top with lots of stuff forcing me to rearrange the room so that it would make more sense. They have the same issue with the breakfast bar. But here I am being super picky... and only moaning because I feel in all fairness that if you get room 44 and I didn't tell you about it you'd think I was mad gushing as I have. I did peek in other rooms and found them to be a lot more delightful ... So I think my small issues might simply be that one room, even to the point that it made me hyper sensitive to the layout of the breakfast counter. Guys read those last complaints with a grain of salt... While I wont remove them... The hotel makes up for them completely. Next year I'll just make sure to ask for any room but that one. And I can say with complete confidence that they will remember me and go out of their way to make me happy.. Again Staff were wonderful.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank JoshuaSims
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

Rachel (Gen. Mgr.) runs a superb operation: Hotel Columbia is a one-minute walk in ski boots, to the gondola, in a great location in Telluride. Outstanding included breakfast, Cosmo's restaurant, friendly staff, super rooms. Just spent 7 nights on a ski trip. This is an all-time favorite!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Wilton, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We recently spent our 25th wedding anniversary in Telluride, Colorado staying at the Hotel Columbia for six nights. From the time we made our reservation until the time we checked out there was one common theme about this hotel .....customer service. They truly understand the definition of hospitality.....they being Rachel, Ben, Mindy and the entire staff. The hotel offers wonderful rooms with quality bathrooms, a terrific breakfast buffet, great ski lockers, is so close to the gondola it makes hitting the slopes just so easy. The restaurant, Cosmopolitan, which is independent from the hotel offers a fantastic apres ski and dinner (separate review). All in all if you want a very quiet, convenient and luxury boutique hotel in the town of Telluride, Hotel Columbia is the place to stay. Enjoy!

Room Tip: There are a number of good rooms. I would suggest if you're picky about choice, call the hotel a...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you so much for celebrating your 25th wedding anniversary with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to Telluride and Hotel Columbia in the near future!
Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

4 of us drove into Telluride without a hotel reservation, after looking at a few places we found the Hotel Columbia. Everything about our stay was great! Location, rooms, amenities, views and breakfast were all top-notch. The hotel is located right next to the gondola that goes up to the Mountain Village and is also a stones throw away from all of the downtown bars and restaurants. The Hotel Columbia made our Telluride trip perfect and we will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed February 2014
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
We loved having you guys here! Looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Telluride!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#5 of 11 in Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!