“Great hotel!”
Review of Hotel Columbia

Hotel Columbia
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I stayed there for 2 nights May 25-27th. We had room 40 which was a superior king room. It was very nice indeed. The heated floors in the bathroom were nice and the shower was nice and big. We had a small balcony with a view of the gondola. Service was great and they were quick to a large load of laundry done in about 3 hours. The breakfast was good, European style with cold cuts and bread and fruit and eggs. Nice location and would stay there again next time go to telluride!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

We are so glad you decided to stay in town at the Hotel Columbia and enjoyed your visit. our entire staff prides themselves on service and making guests feel right at home. Thank you for your kind words, Rachel, GM

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wow. What a great place!! Lodging in Telluride is challenging at best, and while there are a number of boutique or historic options available in town, if you look for honest and practical comfort, a smiling and proactive staff, and perfect location (literally, it could not be any better for a savvy and intelligent traveler) there is nothing better than the Columbia Hotel.

Seriously, from General Manager Rachel Loomis-Lee down to the housekeeping staff and window washers, every member of the Hotel Columbia troupe is top notch, and down-to-earth. Friendly, helpful, and engaging - these people are simply wonderful.

The hotel is beautiful, and the rooms are extremely comfortable and elegant. If this is what you are seeking, you only have one place to look.

Room Tip: Rooms are great - views of Telluride are everywhere. Pretty much can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about the Hotel Columbia! We truly enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Wonderful hotel with charming views of the Gondola, hill and residences. This hotel is practically in front of the Gondola which takes you to the hill as well as the Village. It is also approximately only 2-3 blocks from the main street, and 1 block to a ski rental store. The beds are comfortable, nice chairs and small desk, and the kitchenette more than adequate. The bathrooms are my favorite. They provide soap and shampoo and the walls and floors are a type of material which retains heat. This combined with a tall shower glass, the shower becomes a steam bath practically, and my favorite is the heated flooring which you can regulate on your own with a switch on the bathroom wall. A heated towel rack, nice toiletries including chapstick are a nice addition and the staff is great! This was my second visit to this hotel, which has an excellent restaurant downstairs, and I will stay here on our next visit too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
columbiatelluride, General Manager at Hotel Columbia, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience at the Hotel Columbia. We hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon. Try the summer, its an amazing time of year to be in Telluride!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have been meaning to write a review since I stayed at this hotel last September!

I love everything about this hotel. It is a wonderful family run, Boutique Hotel at the base of the mountain. I actually found them through Craigs List or VRBO, or one of those. I never expected to get such a fantastic, large room for such a reasonable price. Our room had a King bed and sitting area, a back balcony through the bathroom, an awesome, hug claw foot tub, and a refrigerator and kitchenette. It was also very modern, clean, and up to date.

It also had a wonderful buffet breakfast every morning and a delicious Happy Hour in the Cosmopolitan. As a business owner, I know what it means to take pride in what you do. There is an extra element of service added because it is family owned and run. They really go the extra mile to accommodate you.

I recommend this hotel to everyone passing through Telluride.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinpass

Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was amazing! We got the room with a hot tub on the balcony and a seperate 1 bdrm. This room was perfect for us and our two kids. There were so many extra amenities thought of. Down to a very good chapstick in the room.

Needless to say the star gazing in the hot tub was extremely relaxing. The hotel is across the street from the gondola. The breakfast was the most enjoyable free hotel breakfast I've ever had. It had smoked salmon even.

Pay a lil extra and indulge at the Columbia!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2014

A little about myself and Telluride first. I have been coming to this town for the last ten years. I love it, I have tried many of the hotels, probably all the restaurants, and all of the slopes... I can never seem to get enough. So it is with this history that I approach the Hotel Columbia. Here's the deal... There are certainly some advantages to staying in Mountain Village over the town, mainly ski - in and Ski - out... But as far as things to do and evening dinner Nothing beats staying in the town of Telluride it's self.. So how to you get the perfect mix of both? Why Hotel Columbia of course. Located at the foot of the gondola and wrapped around one of the best restaurants in the resort (the Cosmopolitan) it is the prefect combination.. Add to the fact that you have a lovely staff, an included breakfast from afore mentioned restaurant as part of the deal and its a no brainer. I would recommend asking for a room facing the mountain or one of the sides of the hotel. Mine faced the back and was on the top floor .. allowing me one tiny window in a sea of beige. I know the point is the skiing, but if you have to spend any time in your room for any reason at all, it can feel a bit compressed at the back. Also finding space to place things like your helmut, and goggles is a bit tricky as whom ever laid out the room took no time to think about those things.. leaving large, low shelves around the TV totally empty and filling the dresser top with lots of stuff forcing me to rearrange the room so that it would make more sense. They have the same issue with the breakfast bar. But here I am being super picky... and only moaning because I feel in all fairness that if you get room 44 and I didn't tell you about it you'd think I was mad gushing as I have. I did peek in other rooms and found them to be a lot more delightful ... So I think my small issues might simply be that one room, even to the point that it made me hyper sensitive to the layout of the breakfast counter. Guys read those last complaints with a grain of salt... While I wont remove them... The hotel makes up for them completely. Next year I'll just make sure to ask for any room but that one. And I can say with complete confidence that they will remember me and go out of their way to make me happy.. Again Staff were wonderful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank JoshuaSims
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Rachel (Gen. Mgr.) runs a superb operation: Hotel Columbia is a one-minute walk in ski boots, to the gondola, in a great location in Telluride. Outstanding included breakfast, Cosmo's restaurant, friendly staff, super rooms. Just spent 7 nights on a ski trip. This is an all-time favorite!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
2 mi away
Mountain Lodge Telluride
Mountain Lodge Telluride
#3 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!