“Excellent location. Very friendly staff. Nice ambiance. Good food.”
Review of Hotel Columbia

Hotel Columbia
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Telluride
Reviewed 7 January 2010

Here is why I recommend Hotel Columbia and would stay there again:
1. Rooms are nice and clean
2. The Gondola and 1 chairlift are steps away (this is practically a ski-in/ski-out location)
3. There are complimentary ski lockers and boot dryers
4. The breakfast is delicious and will power you for a whole day of skiing. There are also refreshments later in the day to greet you on your way back from the mountain
5. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful
6. The restaurant on site is one of the best in Telluride

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 January 2010

We had a reservation at another hotel in Telluride. Long story short, the reservation was not honored so there we were, in Telluride, all our stuff, a few days before Christmas and no place to stay. My husband walked into Hotel Columbia and was welcomed with open arms to a warm comfortable greeting; "How can I help you?". The lobby has a fireplace always burning and warm, fresh drinking water, beautiful lighted Christmas; The Columbia, home away from home. They totally accommodated our troop (Mom, Dad and three teens) last minute and then made us feel like part of the family. Their continental breakfast is truly continental; quiche, fresh fruit, juices of all kinds, GREAT hot coffee and to top it all off, benienes New Orleans style. Right across the street is the gondola up the mountain. This place can not be beat!!!!

Reviewed 6 January 2010

My family,and I just spent a week at the Hotel Columbia over the holidays and I can not say enough about the experience. I booked the room only 4 days prior to my arrival hard to believe they had availability. From the time I made the reservation until I checked out, which I did not want to do, David and the other employees could not have been more accommodating. From the morning breakfast buffet until dinner at Cosmo's an excellent restaurant in the hotel every thing was terrific. The location cannot be beat, steps to the Gondola. Great Hotel! Great Town! Can't wait to get back!

Reviewed 4 January 2010

The Hotel Columbia stands out at every level. Great location to town and skiing, beautiful, tasteful accomodations and easlily the most laid back, but service oriented staff possible. My wife and I did a two week trip through various Mtn. Towns and stayed at a few similarily priced hotels. Hotel Columbia was best in class at every level. The views of the Mtns are great and having the river right outside your room is so nice. The rooms are decorated tastefully and classy but by far an away the staff is what stands out most. Service oriented, helpful, insightful about town, the mountain and the surrounding area, they really helped make our trip. The restaurant downstairs is wonderful and came highly reccomended by all the locals. We ended up staying in for New Years, ordering the prix fix menu to our room and they delivered amazing food one dish at a time...on their busiest night of the year. If you are considering a trip to the Mountains, I can't say enough about Telluride, if you know you are going to Telluride, there is no better place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

The entire staff at Hotel Columbia was outstanding from the time we arrived until we left. They treated us and our two dogs like part of their family. If you want to find a place in Telluride that will take your dogs and treat you as a welcome guest, this is the place. Thank you to Scott and his entire hotel staff for your kindness! As far as location...can't beat it being just across the street from the Gondola in town. We will be back!

Reviewed 26 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Columbia for an extended ski weekend in early December 2009 with our beloved dog, Bella. The room was amazing! It had a gas fireplace, kitchenette, wi-fi, huge stone shower, hot tub on the balcony, and lots of windows that provided spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. In reviewing other posts, I had read that the close proximity to the gondola was a problem for some, but we didn't hear a thing all night and we slept wonderfully. The gondola was a huge bonus for us as it was only a few steps from the hotel and provided easy access to the ski slopes and restaurants.

Additionally, I cannot say enough about the friendliness and professionalism of the hotel staff. Scott, the hotel manager, even upgraded our room without us having to ask. Their free continental breakfast was fantastic as well. My husband and I both agree that we've never eaten fruit that was so delicious and flavorful. Moreover, there was always an abundant supply and a healthy selection of foods available, which was a pleasant surprise. The Cosmopolitan Restaurant is also well worth a meal out - it was tasty!

We would definitely recommend Hotel Columbia to anyone traveling to Telluride (especially if they're taking a pet along). It was an unforgettable experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2009

With 15" of fresh powder this week, I slipped-away to my favorite ski town anywhere on the planet . . . Telluride, Colorado. I decided to return to the Hotel Columbia and was elated with my decision. Since my last stay, the hotel has been fully renovated and it turned out absolutely perfect. The General Manager Scott, Assistant Manager Rhea, Shea and the rest of the staff treated me like a king. A daily breakfast was included in my package which consisted of incredibly fresh fruits, cheeses, an assortment of cereals, granola and yogurt, homemade muffins, juice, coffee and tea, and unbelievable homemade quiche and warm beignets that were just off the charts; a 5 star breakfast in my opinion. My room was lovely with a wonderful view of the mountain, creek and gondola which brings-up it's perfect location for skiers . . . just across the street . . . you don't get any closer. Wireless internet throughout the premises worked great. I had my own ski locker and parking spot. Cosmopolitan is the name of the restaurant at the Hotel Columbia and in my opinion, it is one of the three best restaurants in Telluride . . . to also include 221 Oak and Allred's.

My stay this week at the Hotel Columbia was remarkable and I plan to return as soon as possible for another ski get-away as well as some of the wonderful summer festivals. I can't imagine anything that could have made my trip better.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Telluride
The Hotel Telluride
#4 of 7 in Mountain Village
The Inn at Lost Creek
The Inn at Lost Creek
#1 of 7 in Mountain Village

Been to Hotel Columbia? Share your experiences!