The Victorian Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$232
  • Breakfast included
Telluride Lodge(Telluride)
Etta Place One(Telluride)
TripAdvisor
All reviewscinnamon rollsgreat locationhot tubfoot trafficin townblock off main streetsmall lotyogurtcontinental breakfastdowntown telluridetwo blocksfree gondolamountain villageparking is limitedroom was clean and comfortablecouple blocksthe staff was friendly and helpful
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night here. The rooms are all accessed from outside the Inn. A continental breakfast is included. It's a basic room with soap dispenser on the wall by the sink and in the shower( shower gel, shampoo & conditioner). Wifi included for free. But the room was very hot. No a/c but a big fan was delivered to us very quickly.
Ear plugs were provided - a handy thing though we didn't find it noisy but we were there between their seasons.
One could walk easily to Main Street to shops and restaurants. The town is quaint and well worth the visit. We saw some migrating elk on the drive in very close to telluride itself. Above the town is Mountain view village where all the celebrities have their homes. There's even an airport. The mountains are spectacular. Would love to go back for the summer season of festivals but we were told rooms book up long in advance so don't just show up and hope to find a room.

• Stayed: May 2014
Team_Victorian_Inn, General Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you so much for your recent review. You are definitely well travelled and we appreciate the time you took to review The Victorian Inn. We apologize that your room was hot, and want you to know that currently a more permanent solution than a fan in the room is being worked on, (although it sounds as though that did the trick). We would love to welcome you back anytime during our festival season, and we hope that you will visit us again sometime during your many travels.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We had two nights at this charming B & B . Very good value.Our room was $89 + taxes and hard to fault. Very clean, comfortable and there was a lot of attention to details (which as fellow moteliers we really appreciated). Staff were friendly and position was perfect for accessing ski lifts and shops restaurants etc. Thoroughly recommend this little gem!

Room Tip: Our room was classed as a motel style suite, there were larger more 'upmarket'rooms, but ours was extremely comfortable!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Team_Victorian_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Well thank you very much Jan for your wonderful review. I can’t tell you how thrilled we were to receive high marks coming from someone who knows and understands the business so well. And, we are so pleased that the Victorian met all your expectations. Wishing you all best on the rest of your trip. And again, thank you for sharing your thoughts, it is certainly very much appreciated.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

i had stayed here 21 years ago and it was a pleasant return. We were celebrating my husband's 65th birthday and 30 years on the volunteer ski patrol at an eastern resort so we wanted a special getaway to experience the town atmosphere, proximity to lifts and comfortable accommodations. Victorian Inn has it all plus a very adequate breakfast to get each day started. Very friendly and helpful staff. A great value as we are both retired. This one goes down as one of our most memorable ski trips and we have had many over the years.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

A visit to beautiful Telluride Colorado! What a great celebration trip for your husband’s 65th. He must be a fantastic skier to have served on the volunteer ski patrol for 30 years. We are so pleased that you chose to return to the Victorian Inn for this very special trip and that you enjoyed your accommodations. It was certainly our pleasure to welcome you as guests and want to thank you for your wonderful review! We appreciate it very much.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I was in Telluride primarily for some shows at the Sheridan Opera House, so I am not a skier. Booked only about a week in advance towards the end of the winter season (late March) where the town did not seem overly crowded. Everyone I ran into in Telluride was very nice, including the people at the desk here.

After taxes I paid about $128 per night, so on the value end of the scale. Staying solo for 2 nights I was given a room in the 300 block so I was below the ground level- if I were to stay again would ask for ground level. (climbing to the second level is fine, but a little more of a pain after a long day at that altitude). There was only one small window there, so ok for my short stay but not longer term. Also I could hear my neighbors talking through the wall, and people walking on the floor above me (never good, but I have had much worse). On the positive side the room was clean, the wifi was free and worked well, the bed was comfortable, the heating/temperature was fine for me (I'm not sure if they have cooling though), the water got hot enough, and it had a small fridge and coffee maker.

As others have said, it is a less than 5 minute walk around the corner to the gondola. About 5 minutes walk to the main street and the Sheridan Hotel, with lots of restaurants and shops on that street. So the location is about ideal, although the town itself is pretty small in any case. The gondola is free and runs until midnight, so access to the mountain village is easy, about a 20-25 minute ride.

For about $40/night more you could get into a higher end hotel with more common space/restaurant/bar- I would consider that if you plan to spend more time at the hotel or your room. Since I was on the go all day except to sleep and shower this worked.

I did not try the continental breakfast (I had a very good breakfast at Maggie's each day, about $12 an close by) or hot tub.

Room Tip: Ask for other than 300 level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank whereisdave

Thanks so much Dave for your recent review. We’re very glad the Victorian Inn fit your needs and that you had a comfortable stay with us. We’d love to welcome you back anytime. And, please give us a heads up next time you are booking that you would like a ground floor room. If there is any way that we can accommodate that request we will definitely do it. In the meantime, we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Went to Telluride for a quick weekend and found the Victorian Inn based on price. To my surprise, It was an awesome room, close to gondola, clean, great bed and a basic free breakfast. I plan on my next trip to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Team_Victorian_Inn, Guest Relations Manager at The Victorian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Thanks Dave for your super review from the weekend you spent with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay and are looking forward to your return visit. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We appreciate it.