“BestSki Rental Experience”

Black Tie Ski Rentals of Telluride
More attraction details
Owner description: Exclusive Black Tie Ski and Snowboard Rental benefits include: No lines to wait in, Telluride's newest rental fleet, 5 times more delivery vehicles, Telluride's most experienced rental staff, premium demo boot upgrades, kids premium level skis and snowboard's, men's and women's specific models for every level, ski rental clothing, and we will take your equipment to slope side ski valets for FREE! No other ski rental company comes close to our level of service. Experience the Black Tie difference!
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Recently used Blacktie Ski Rental in Telluride, CO as a first time renter from them. I travel out west every year and rent each time and this by far the quickest and easiest rental experience I've had. Skis and boots (I went with their top ski/boot offering) were delivered right to our hotel where they had multiple sizes for proper fit. Not only were the skis great but the guy offered good advise on the mountain, best runs, local restaurants and bars. At the end of the trip we we able to leave our rental equipment at the mountain ski valet and not lug it anywhere. Just called and they picked it up. Prices were competitive with tradition shops but the service and convenience made me a loyal customer. Thanks guys.

Reviewed 29 December 2011

I guess other rental services offer to come to your lodging but our experience with Black Tie was satisfying in almost every way. Despite that it was Xmas week they were in time, called several times in advance to check on our arrival as all the guys we saw were pleasant and extremely patient even tho we needed to swap out boots twice, skiis once and replace a lost pair of poles. It did take them two attempts to get my boots right- the first replacement were not really what we asked for (gave us a larger size instead of a boot with a wider shaft; asked us to try it for a day but it don't work). That said eventually we got it right and no one complained about our multiple visits by Black Tie. Be sure to Check discounts- they were the same price or lower than other rental places

Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed at the Lumiere in Telluride and Black Tie is located in the basement of the hotel. Since we were skiing for quite a few days, I was trying to save a few bucks and rented at another shop. Regardless of where you rent, Black Tie takes care of your skis (carries them in and out to the slopes) and stores them for you.

In the morning, they have all the skis and snowboards out and ready to go. The second day, my oldest son could not locate his snowboard. He SWORE he returned it the evening before. Black Tie searched their storeroom to no avail. They lent us one of their own boards for the day and told us they would search for the board. Remember, we had not rented anything from them at this point. They managed to find his board at a restaurant on the mountain (my son had taken the WRONG BOARD after lunch) and transport it back to the rental shop.

I was so thankful that we returned the original board and rented with Black Tie for the remainder of our trip. The price difference was minor and my son said the board Black Tie gave him was a noticeably better ride. I can't believe that they went to all the extra effort when we were not customers.

Black Tie is not that much more expensive than other rental shops and their service was worth more than the price difference. We could have spent the whole day searching for the missing board. Use them.

2  Thank ohno4
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Black Tie supplied everything we needed (skis, poles, boots, helmets) and worked with us on scheduling. They were very flexible with the "fitting" time. We were orignally going to arrive about 9PM on a Sunday and wanted to hit the slopes the next day. They normally do their last fitting at 8PM (or earlier), but they were willing to have someone meet us at 9PM if we got in that late. As it turned out, we got in much earlier that expected so we called them and they accomodated us at 6:30.

Great crew, very knowledgeable about the equipment. There were 3 of us (my wife, our 10 year old son, and myself). My son's ski bindings were for the wrong type of boot, so they got a new set of skis and adjusted the bindings for the new boots that same evening. My wifes's boots did not fit perfectly, so they brought us a new pair the next morning. Let me also add that they were helpful about everything Telluride...

We never needed additional service from them, but they offer to meet you on the slopes should you have an issue with your equipment. Everyone we talked with about Black Tie spoke highly of them as well.

Once we were done wih the equipment, we left it all with the bellman at the hotel and never had another worry.

The cost was comparable to others in Telluride, but the convenience was exceptional.

Reviewed 18 March 2011

These guys provide the best service ever. They arrive at your house/condo on time with a huge selection of equipment and are reasonably priced. They are very personable and patient with boot fittings and even show up mid-mountain with boot changes if the size is not perfect. Just call them and put your equipment outside your front door when you're done. What could be easier?