My wife and I reserved a King Suite for two nights, located on the first floor in the rear of the building, adjacent to the Telluride Trail and Bear Creek. The room was huge with contemporary furniture, big flat screen TV, nice size bathroom, door to the outside. The room was clean, staff exceptionally friendly and helpful, plenty of local dining options, available off-street parking and onsite bar/restaurant. I have a lifted Jeep that I couldn’t get into the parking garage, so the manager provided a permit for on street parking. The parking permit seems to be the norm as there is not much available (same at the New Sheridan where I stayed a couple of nights earlier). The breakfast items were a bit lacking in variety, less than you would get at a Hampton Inn or Best Western, little selection of hot food, mostly carbs, but we managed. The hotel is located next to the free gondola to Mountain Village, separated by a courtyard that has a tram that was out-of-service for the summer season. There was a bit of noise from the courtyard and the onsite restaurant’s outdoor seating area that quickly died down after the dinner rush. No noise from the trail could be detected unless the window was open. The hotel is just a couple of blocks from the main strip providing additional dining and shopping options. You can also take the gondola, as my wife and I did, to Mountain Village and increase your dining options. We had dinner at the Village Table – very good food, but a bit pricey. The overall experience was exceptionally good, and upon my next visit I will stay at the Camel’s Garden Hotel and Condo’s.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Contemporary Resort Hotel situated on the San Miguel River and adjacent to the gondola to the ski area. The Camels Garden is ski in ski out at the base of the Gondola and Lift 8. No hotel in Telluride can match the luxury and location of the Camels Garden. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Camel's Garden Hotel & Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camel`s Garden Hotel And Condominiums
- Camels Garden Hotel Condominiums
- Camels Garden Telluride