“Burger Night”
Review of Smugglers Brew Pub

Smugglers Brew Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Smugglers Brew Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Telluride
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Gastropub, Brew Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fresh Hand Crafted Beer Genuine Food Good Times
Reviewed 18 February 2014

We decided to have a burger and all recommendations lead us to Smugglers. We actually sat at the bar which was our choice and the bartender took very good care of us for beers and the house burgers. Really good. This place is great for couples or larger groups and the price is right if you want to take a break from the more expensive restaurants for a night. Lots of TV's to view sports.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This place was packed everytime we passed and I read good reviews so we went. The food and beer was great but I have a couple of criticisms otherwsie my rating would have been better:
1. slow service - there are few staff so it takes time to be served, we waited ages for our drinks
2. they charge you if you want to try a beer. My husband asked if we could taste one of the beers, this is the only place I've been where they charged us for a sampler

Nancy V, Public Relations Manager at Smugglers Brew Pub, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Carline,

We are glad that you liked your food and beer - once it arrived. You are 100% correct that our service has been less than you deserve. Our kitchen is small and we have struggled to keep up with a very busy season. Thank you for your constructive feedback. We plan on expanding our kitchen this April to keep up with your expectations. RE: paying for a taste of beer. Perhaps there was a misunderstanding. If a guest would like to taste a beer to help decide which to order, of course, there is no charge. However, we offer 4 oz taster flight for guests who wish to taste 4 or 5 different brews. These tasters cost $2.00/each. Sorry for the confusion.
I hope you will think of us next time you are in Telluride.

Nancy Venne

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I and a group of friends have been coming to Telluride every year for the last 12 years or so. We have always looked forward to a Saturday night meal at Smugglers, usually the ribs or steak or prime rib, along with their very good beers. However, I've been disappointed with the new menu, because these basic choices are gone. A slice of prime rib, a baked potato and a salad hit the spot after a hard day skiing. The new menu is otherwise fine, but I really miss my steak and potato. Smugglers, can you find a way to slip a couple items back on the menu?
The staff have always been friendly and efficient, and the prices/value for what you get have always been good. But my friends and I will be looking for other options next time we're in town.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the compliments. We are glad you enjoyed most of your experience at Smugglers. Although our menu has changed to include some healthier, fresh food choices, we still have a 12 oz NY Strip, a Top Sirloin "Baseball Cut" and a Grilled Rib-Eye Sandwich and numerous burgers as well as Baby Back Ribs and our local-favorite Chicken Wings. Sorry you missed those on the menu. Hopefully you will visit again and give our all Natural Meyer Ranch Beef a try.

Nancy Venne

Reviewed 3 February 2014

We came in to try the new food at Smugglers since it is now under new ownership, and it was outstanding! They have done a lot of work on this place, and it shows! Amber took care of us and she was so helpful telling us about town and explaining the menu. We will be back for sure.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

On a day trip to Telluride, we asked a local for a suggestion of where to eat. Most of the places were closed until dinner, so we didn't know where to go and the local suggested this place, especially since it had changed owners and had a brand new menu.

I ordered a portabello mushroom burger which was delicious, but the bun was a little too greasy and soggy for my taste. BF had a rib-eye sandwich and enjoyed his meal. Good for a midafternoon lunch.