“Pleasantly surprised!”

Floradora Saloon
Ranked #11 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Pub with good bar food".
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a local spot that has a delicious sandwich called "the Boy". Last Friday evening, I was in town and was looking forward to having that sandwich with a cold beer.

Little did I know that the dinner menu was totally different and substitutions are frowned upon. :( I was disappointed since this is my favorite sandwich in town.

So, I had the special - steak, pesto mashers and grilled zucchini with a maple glaze. It was a pleasant surprise - so tasty and reasonably priced. I was expecting a great sandwich and was delivered an elegant entree.

I did not expect this level of flavor and service at a restaurant with the word "saloon" in the name. Don't change the surroundings, I love the casual atmosphere, I was just pleasantly surpised.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Arrived here at opening time for lunch while walking around town after a hike and gondola trip.

Was seated immediately and waited on by a nice young lady, forget her name. She made a couple suggestions, so I chose one of them, steak sandwich. It was a special, flank steak of I recall.

Not bad, have had better though. What made my lunch more enjoyable was the waitress, friendly and attentive to myself and others.

Interior is laid back and comfortable. I will return next time in Telluride.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We walked up and down Colorado Ave before deciding on Floradora for lunch. What attracted us was the daily special, written on a board outside of the restaurant. What sealed the deal was that we were able to eat outside and enjoy a beautiful Telluride autumn afternoon. Lunch was very reasonably priced....under $10 and almost more than I could eat........and I eat a lot! We returned the next day for dinner and were not quite as impressed with that. Stick to Floradora for lunch.

Reviewed 28 September 2013

Very comfortable restaurant in the old west style. Great bar and perfect menu for families. Burgers and sweet potato chips are very good.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Bar/restaurant right in downtown. The steaks were very good and reasonably priced. Fun atmosphere but not too loud to enjoy dinner. Good wine selection. Very good service.