“Soso meal”

Floradora Saloon
Ranked #10 of 66 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: "Pub with good bar food".
Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

The special was Shepherds pie. It was flavorless but there were six of us and all three men ordered it. You get what you pay for as it was seriously inexpensive. The other meals were bland also. But the waitstaff were gracious and the drinks were good.

1  Thank Laurie D
There are newer reviews for Floradora Saloon

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I ordered a pastrami sandwich and a side of sweet potato fried. The pastrami was more like jerky. Fries were totally tasteless. My husband ordered the soup and said it was OK. We didn't go back.

1  Thank kwhalen01
Reviewed 14 October 2013

When in Telluride, we always make a point of having a burger here. Its really big and yummy! The fries are always hot and fresh, too. We ordered the bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers for the first time here. Boy, they are SCORCHING!! We love and can handle hot, but, beware! Great taste so we got through them! Even the slaw they were served on was hot, too!
The service can be up and down, they seem to be always busy. We go during the Bluegrass Festival and we often see the musicians enjoying the place! Also busy during Spring ski season.
Your meal may take longer than perhaps it should, but, always great when it arrives.
While you're waiting, you can color on the paper tablecloths!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

When I arrived the place was packed with tourists so I sat at the bar. The bartender was less than friendly and I had to wait a long time for him to recognize that I wanted service and an even longer time to get around to give me the bill. I found out later that this is not a favorite with locals so beware. I ordered a small cup of their soup of the day which had little to no flavor along with a beet and goat cheese salad that was good but I would have had to use a magnifying glass to see the goat cheese. With this lunch I had a glass of water. The bill was $19.00. Now I don't mind paying a lot for a delicious lunch but this meal was not worthy either in portion size or in taste. Save your money and eat somewhere else!!! (and there are many other options like Siam, Brown Bag or even street vendors.

1  Thank Kelleygirl2
Reviewed 9 October 2013

This is a local spot that has a delicious sandwich called "the Boy". Last Friday evening, I was in town and was looking forward to having that sandwich with a cold beer.

Little did I know that the dinner menu was totally different and substitutions are frowned upon. :( I was disappointed since this is my favorite sandwich in town.

So, I had the special - steak, pesto mashers and grilled zucchini with a maple glaze. It was a pleasant surprise - so tasty and reasonably priced. I was expecting a great sandwich and was delivered an elegant entree.

I did not expect this level of flavor and service at a restaurant with the word "saloon" in the name. Don't change the surroundings, I love the casual atmosphere, I was just pleasantly surpised.