“Great spot, and Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bon Vivant

Bon Vivant
Ranked #9 of 64 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: French, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Romantic, View, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Located at 11,000+ feet at the top of the Polar Queen Express (5), Bon Vivant is an experience unique to North America.Views from the massive new deck are rivaled only by the 39 ft umbrella, and the menu features classic country French cuisine, top wines, and ski country's best crepes and hand crafted hot chocolates. Price range $12-$50.
Telluride, Colorado
“Great spot, and Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Between the new drinks on the menu this year - the bloody mary being my favorite up there now! - and the food, Bon Vivant has some of the best food in town. I would highly recommend both soups, and the Lamb French Dip is out of this world! The Executive Chef up there, Jared, has done some great things with the menu and is always greeting his guests; I have never tried anything that I would not order again. Make sure you stop in on a sunny day, you won't regret it!

Green Brook, New Jersey
“Best on the mountain for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Kept coming back for lunch - the location and views are magnificent. The staff very friendly and efficient. Lunch selection not too big but everything was delicious - between the 4 of us - we pretty much tried everything on the menu over the course of a few days and everything was very good - just what one needs for a ski lunch: hearty soups and stews, salads for health conscious, hot sandwiches and DRINKS - everything served hot in heat preserving dishes. Good Job!.

Visited January 2014
Palm Beach, Florida
“One of the Most Breathtaking Places I've Been - Bon Vivant at Telluride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

My mother always called me a "bon vivant." I guess she was right.

bon vivant - /bän-vē-vänt, bōⁿ-vē-väⁿ/ n. a person who enjoys the good things in life, especially good food and drink.

Guilty. When my son and I first came off of the #5 Lift on our first full day of snowboarding in Telluride, I really felt like I was in a movie scene. At about 11,000 feet above sea level and surrounded by giant mountain peaks in every direction, this mountain top would be breathtaking if there were nothing at the top except the trail map. But 50 yards away from the lift, lies an oasis that seems like a mirage.

Bon Vivant is a huge open air patio set up in middle of the snowy plateau. The giant deck is enclosed and features a big circular wooden bar that features buckets of Belgian beers and dozens of bottles of fine wine sitting in crushed ice and waiters bustling around dressed up in grey wool vests and fancy hats, giving a very European "Alps" vibe to the place.

This "restaurant" sits impossibly in a place that is normally below 30 degrees in the winter but also has very bright sunshine on some days. Bon Vivant accomodates both extremes with space heaters everywhere that create a perfect temperature anywhere you sit and when the sun is too bright, they open a massive, 40-foot umbrella unlike any you've seen at any hotel.

We just stopped for a hot chocolate and a bathroom break but the minute you walk under the wooden archway and onto the deck, you realize you're not leaving right away. The menu features classic country French cuisine, hand made crepes made on demand (with Nutella, or berries or cinnamon) and the best hot chocolate you've ever had.

My son opted for a hot chocolate and I had a La Chouffe Belgian beer. Across the bar, we spotted actor Dennis Quaid who we of course did not disturb, but the sighting fueled the feeling that we were in a really special place. My wife and daughter are not usually mountain top skiiers but I insisted they had to see this place. So we returned the next day and the four of us enjoyed crepes, delicious french onion soup and a cheese platter. Where are we?

The combination of an amazing restaurant with great food, exceptional service and a location like nothing else in the world makes this a bucket list stop. Get to Telluride. Take the #4 lift to the #5 lift and go to Bon Vivant. Sit at the edge of the deck by the glass facing the best view (they're all good). Don't leave without having a hot chocolate and a crepe.

Oh, and use the bathrooms in the adjacent "cabin". You haven't seen bathrooms this clean and awesome anywhere, much less in a cabin sitting 2 miles up the mountains.

1 Thank BarefootandRich
Dallas, Texas
“What a find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife proclaimed this the most romantic lunch she has ever had. If you are considering this then you are already familiar with the beauty of Telluride (it's halfway up the mountain), but add some french onion soup and a fresh berry and cream crepe and you have a perfect accompaniment to the some of the most geourgeous views on the planet. Great service and food- all at a very reasonable price. Don't miss this experience on a clear day.

Windom, Minnesota
“Fun dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had crepes and a glass of wine, both were wonderful . Beautiful view from this ski in mountain restaurant .Service was excellent, good and knowledgeable servers.