“Great BBQ at the base of Chair 8 and gondola”
Review of Fat Alley BBQ - CLOSED

Fat Alley BBQ
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed 12 November 2013

A relatively cheap option in Telluride Oak as Fat Ally is now called is great for a casual dinner or an apres drink and snack. With a cool set up and outdoor seating that is great during the spring, Oak/Fat Ally is worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

My husband and I went for supper. The service was great, the owner was very attentive. He came back often to check on us and make sure everything was ok. I had the pork sandwich and sweet potato fries. The sandwich wasn't bad but wasnt the best I have ever had either. Also had no bbq sauce on it. I thought that was odd. There was one bottle that I could have put on but it was extra spicey and I do not like spicey. My sweet potato fries were delicious! My husband brisket and he liked it. Nice location right by the gondola. We would go back again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

The Fat Alley BBQ was buzzing with people when we arrived during the film festival. We sat outside and enjoyed our meal. My husband had the full rack of ribs and they were very good. I had the 3 slider appetizer which was more than enough as a meal. Once our food was brought to us, no one came out and checked on us or to see if our food was enjoyable. It was a nice place to eat and is a casual bar and grill restaurant. We would go back again.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Ok, this is my first online review and you know it's bad if it prompted me to write a review. We came here after seeing it ranked as one of the top BBQ joints in the country. My brother in law and I love eating in KC at the different BBQ joints and were totally excited to try this out. With watering mouths, we awaited our prized ribs and pork sandwich. We are still waiting...because what they brought us was NOT good BBQ. Wow, were we bummed from the git-go. The color made me wonder if they boiled them, and the edge of the ribs were dry and crunchy. Oh yeah, flavor. Did I mention the flavor? No I did not...and for good reason...there was none. No smokey goodness, no wonderful anything. Yuck! I will throw them a bone and let you know I did like their sauce...which was required in order to actually eat the meat. the sauce was different, but good. If you really want good BBQ in the area, go to Durango and eat at Serious Texas BBQ. Seriously, that place rocks! Telluride will have to wait for an entrepreneur to open a real BBQ joint worth a hoot...and shame on whoever included this place in the list of good joints in the U.S. I have been to 5 of the 10 listed and this place disgraces the other places on the list as far as BBQ. It has an awesome location at the base of the gondola and the rest of my family liked their other food, but stay away from the ribs and pork sandwich cuz it ain't BBQ folks!

3  Thank Fred20132013
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Really liked this for a reasonably priced, low-key dinner, and the atmosphere and food quality are very good. Nice place to get dinner on the off night where you don't want to spend big for a fancy sit down. Tasty BBQ!