“A Great Meal!”

Shang Hai Palace
Ranked #27 of 64 Restaurants in Telluride
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Denver
“A Great Meal!”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Just had a great family meal at Shang Hai Palace! I highly recommend this restaurant. The food and service were great.

• Visited October 2013

“LOVE this place!!”
Reviewed 9 October 2013 via mobile

Really fresh and well made Chinese food. Authentic cuisine in an awesome and cozy dining room. They even have a full bar!!

This restaurant is affordable , delicious and my new favorite in Telluride!!

“Affordable family dining, yummy Chinese food, quick service”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

Yummy! When Hongas is too busy, or closed, I cross the street and enjoy a quick Family Style Chinese dinner...and I am not disappointed. Funny that I never choose it first over Hongas, since the food is always consistently wonderful, tasty, fresh, and served hot, and way less on the wallet. Add some sake or an Asian Import Beer, and it's a perfect night out. The same servers and family run business for years. Nice to step into China for a bit, funny that they put a picture of pizza up instead of their food. "Take out" is a great idea from Shanghai. Lunch is the best in Telluride (quantity, quality, and price). And if you are really hungry for dinner, and can't wait an hour for your table, and another for your food, stop in this place, you'll leave fat n happy!

• Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Shanghai Surprise”
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

We ate here twice during our recent stay in Telluride. Our kids loved the seasame chicken and steamed dumplings. The sauce that comes with the dumplings is also great on rice. The prices are a little higher than we pay for Chinese in Atlanta but then again this is Telluride. Overall, a nice surprise and not very crowded when we were there.

• Visited July 2013
Chicago
“American Chinese As If You Were Anywhere in America”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Well, knock me over with a feather. Completely acceptable American Chinese food in Telluride. And it's been here the whole time! Yesterday my father discretely badmouthed Shanghai Palace while a friend of his was extolling its virtues to us. It turns out he had never actually been, so today I decided to skip the Mountainfilm picnic and check things out for myself.

It turns out that Shanghai Palace is like a wrinkle in the space-time continuum in Telluride. Walk through the door, sit down and you could be anywhere. With one sip of hot and sour soup I was transported to the Chinese restaurant we frequented on visits to my grandparents in Poughkeepsie. The greasy kung pao shrimp might as well have been produced in the kitchen of my family's regular Chinese restaurant in suburban Chicago. The menu of lunch special combinations looks comfortingly familiar--save for the resort prices.

Shanghai Palace is welcome relief from those on the verge of an overdose of resort cuisine and hippie food that is abundant in Telluride. This restaurant will not win any awards, but whatever your proustian Chinese dish may be, it will likely be available and it may very well be tasty. Think of it as your escape hatch for the monotony of mountain dining.

Visited May 2013