“Taste your way through Telluride”
Review of Telluride Food Tours - CLOSED

Telluride Food Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Join us as we explore the ins and outs of the historic town of Telluride. Seek out classic "mom and pop" specialty food shops, deliciously authentic ethnic eateries, hip wine bars and charming neighborhood restaurants – all while taking in breathtaking scenery, historical anecdotes and local advice from your guide. During this tour you will enjoy a variety of food specialties that have proven Telluride's reputation as not only an adventure seekers playground, but culinary hidden gem. Discover the secrets to having the ultimate food and cultural experience off the beaten path!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 1 September 2014

We joined a food tour of Telluride the night after we arrived and had a great time. Our particular tour went to Flavor for mussels, There for grapefruit cocktail and fried Brussels sprouts, Telluride Truffle for your choice of a delicious truffle, La Marmotte for a salad and red wine (yum), Smugglers Inn for dark beer and appetizers and Arroyro for another glass of wine and appetizers. Our excellent guide for the night was Michael, a pretty woman who is a Telluride native. We learned a lot of history, enjoyed talking with the other participants and ate enough food that we did not need to go out for dinner that night. We highly recommend this food tour!

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

I really wanted to like this tour - the guide was cute and informative and very personable but my idea of a food tour didn't quite match up to what this was - it was more of a drink tour, really. I also felt rushed at each place and couldn't really enjoy my wine or beer since we had to hurry to the next stop.

We went to 6 different stops and ate a small bite of food (a mushroom bun, a tomato slice and a crab cake) at three places and picked out truffles at the 4th. We did have one signature cocktail at one place (very tasty!) and then wine and beer at some others. No one at the last place even bothered to come out and talk to us about what they offer or how they got started.

There is another food tour in town, I'd like to check that one out to see if there is any difference. If you are going to do a food tour, do it at the beginning of your trip to get a feel for what you'd like to try further. I would not do this one again.

1  Thank MrsJennifer
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

If you are fortunate enough to be able to visit Telluride in the near future, I highly recommend you join this delightful tour. Although I have been traveling to Telluride for years, I knew very little about the establishments we visited. The food selections were delicious, the drinks were great and the proprietors were informative and amusing. Jessica, the tour director, was a great host and provided us with some interesting tidbits about the mountain town, it's history and some of the flavorful inhabitants of the past!!! I can't wait to return with friends and take them on the tour!!!! Very well done and appreciated!!!

2  Thank Jander8333
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Well worth it. I did this so that I could broaden my horizons on the Telluride food front. I always seem to fall in to going to the same places over and over, even though I know there are a lot of great places to eat. This tour gives you a taste of several of spots that aren't as well known, or are off the beaten path. Anyone who's looking for some more great spots during their stay or for the next time they are in town, I would highly recommend doing this. If you're at all interested in the history of the town, it's also a great place to pick up some tid bits of information while snacking. Great atmosphere, super friendly and knowledgeable staff, and basically just an all around good time.