“Friendly and good”

Boulder, CO
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and good”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I want to give 3.5 stars as this is certainly better than average. Maggie's is a pleasant place with a very friendly staff. Good coffee and we both had very good pancakes. We also bought some sandwiches to go for our hike, which were good. Prices are reasonable for Telluride. We did not experience the slow service that another reviewer reported.

Visited October 2013

Gilbert, Arizona
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Maggie's was perhaps our nicest eatery experience in Telluride. Service was great as well as food and overall value. The baked goods will make you feel guilty!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Bill A
arlington, VA
“Great food; downhome atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Only had breakfast here, but if other meals are similar: great food. Heuovos rancheros was the way to start the day. Nice but small outdoor patio with view of mainstreet. Personified Telluride laid back.

Visited August 2013
Tallahassee, Florida
“Mediocre food, slow service”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I went there at 11 am to avoid lunch crowds. The place was almost empty and there was no line at the counter, but it took the old man 10 minutes to write down the order (pancakes, quesadillas, tea, coffee, and a pastry) and process the payment. The food came 45 minutes later. Honestly, if not for a nice view from the outside terrace, we would leave. The pancakes were good, but I couldn't stop wondering: Did they start making batter from scratch when they got the order, found out they'd run out of flour and went shopping? The best part of quesadillas dish were tortillas. The other parts - beans and rice - had no taste and my husband left them on the plate. The apple turnover was no better then something from a grocery store. I'm puzzled at why this café seems to have a good reputation and people recommend it. My theory is that they probably used to be very good at one point, and now, for whatever reason, their service and food took a turn for the worse, but they survive on the leftovers of the good reputation they had. Sorry to say, but even the perfect location won't carry them long enough if they don't wake up and make some changes to improve their food and service.

• Visited July 2013
Sarasota, Florida
“White bread, uninspired food choices”
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Location, location. Located in the heart of Telluride near a park and the lift line. I think that is why this place survives. Definitely not on the food choices. Lots of fried food, white bread and soda options. They ran out of Chai which is why I stopped in for lunch but since it was pouring rain I decided to stay. I should have waited for the rain to stop. Well, I won't be stopping there a second time when there are so many other better choices in Telluride.

• Visited August 2013