“Detroit Pizza”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We are from Detroit and it was so good to have real Detroit pizza again. And the other things on the menu are delicious as well. The antipasto salad was very small and not worth the money so next time we'll just have the pizza.

There are newer reviews for Brown Dog Pizza

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Brown Dog is about the Detroit style pizza. You will be hard pressed to find better pizza than this in Colorado. When I travel to Telluride, Brown Dog is the first place I eat at. The crust on the Detroit pizza is outstanding, and they cook their cheese and pep as perfect as any pizza joint I've eaten. I've been here several times, and only have had the pizza, and I'll get the chicken wings, which I find to be fairly average, maybe a slight step above. the beer selection here is above average, but it's Colorado and frankly I rarely eat at places that don't have a decent beer selection. The overall vibe of the room is heavy sports, with a focus on Michigan, but you'll find other teams/areas supported as well. If you meet the owner, he's a nice guy, an added bonus and typical of the kind people in town. Brown Dog to me is a legendary restaurant and I get excited every time I roll into Telly because I know that pizza awaits!

Reviewed 9 May 2014

Brown Dog Pizza is the place to be in the off-season. Great beer selection. Fishwater Double IPA from Telluride Brewing Co. is delightful. Went in for a couple of beers, and had to come back again the same evening for pizza. The pizza was filled with all the goods and extremely delicious. Our server was, on the other hand, extremely poor and I had to ask the hostess after 20 minutes that we had yet to even be acknowledged by anyone. I don't know where the miscommunication was, but it was annoying. Thankfully, the pizza kept me quiet. Beer and pizza made the restaurant.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

The pizza, salads and the lasagna are very good. Service was very good too. Enjoy the sports bar atmosphere.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

If you visit Telluride, having Pizza and a brew at Brown Dog Pizza is definitely a must. Brown Dog definitely has the best Pizza around and plenty of TV's to watch any sports team playing during the time of your visit.