“NOT PET FRIENDLY”

Motel 6 Denver Thornton
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed 9 May 2013

First of all, if you have any plans on leaving your dog in your room while you go do ANYTHING else (even if you leave your dog in a kennel), don't stay here. Management will threaten to not let you stay there the next day if you do (and keep your money), and claim that you left your dogs all day (3 hours is not ALL DAY). They will also say your dogs were barking all day even if you have had no problems with this before in a hotel and the only reason your dogs are barking is that other dogs in the hotel as well as other guests are being noisy and the dogs are defending their space. Then, when another guest threatens you with bodily harm because your dogs bark for 30 seconds, they claim that their guests' behavior is not their responsibility. I ended up with a migraine because of a threat of this sort and the management made excuses for the bully instead of showing any concern for me. Finally, they will pick out specific people to harass about their dogs. We heard plenty of other dogs barking in other rooms and the management didn't say ANYTHING to those dog owners.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank orangeblossom941

Reviewed 6 May 2013

So, they've redone the rooms, and they look really nice! Cool new flat screens, new bathrooms, very modern furnishing, it was all really nice looking. Just wish they would have added insulation to the walls. I was up half the night listening to the neighbors have their way with each other. With many moans, groans, and wall banging. I'm just glad my sons were asleep when we arrived or I'd have to explain things I really don't want to for a couple of years! I could also hear the traffic all night. Also, the room STUNK of smoke! The room was a nonsmoking room too. I guess you get what you pay for. At $60 a night it's hard to beat, and the staff was extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with. Just remember that just because you can see it from I-25 doesn't mean it's easy to find. It's tucked back off the main road.

Room Tip: Try not to get one on the freeway side, perhaps that'll help mitigate the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Ryan W
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Hey, I've been comped rooms, I've stayed at several locations and although the asthetics were up to par, the linens still are filthy and this trip we got to the bottom of the problem, the head house keeper informed me that the linens on the bed were clean that the business needs to purchase new laundry machines for all the motel 6's in the world because it is clean, but the hairs stay in the towel. so if you don't mind pubic hair in your bed and on your washcloths, then Motel 6 is for you!
Stay at a New Victorian Inn if there is one close to you! Happy Holidays!
Pat

Room Tip: go to a different motel?
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank patspike
Reviewed 12 December 2012

After driving 800 miles in one day, this was a easy location to find right off I-25, north Denver area. Wished they had the coffee available for late night arrivals, but not to be. Only thing negative I can say about this location.......long ways to go to get 'ice',,,and the concrete steps and pathways in front of the rooms and all the way to the front office area, need some real cleaning to take place > like power washing the dirt and other materials off.

Room Tip: Ask for ground floor room.....too many steps to climb.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sparky464
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Stayed here one night out of exhaustion/desperation. Found a roach crawling out from the bathroom sink plumbing in the a.m. Showed the dead bug to reception and said the'd notify the cleaning folks but didn't even offer a refund. Gross and disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank K S
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This Sunday of Memorial Day weekend, I left a 'fancy' Comfort Suites motel where I felt I was really getting ripped off, and got a room at this Motel 6 just off I-25 in Thornton (at 84th Avenue) for the last day of my trip. I'd decided to go there after reading the recommendations (and I agree that it was a very clean room) of those on TripAdvisor as well as the motel6.com website showing it was a motel with 'all new rooms'. Those 'all new rooms' made me think of 'The Jetsons' when I first saw them in Jackson Hole, WY several years ago. You can see pictures on the mote6.com website.

They'd raised the rates to $49.99 for the holiday Sunday, and when I checked out Monday morning I saw the rate on the sign went down to $45.99 which seems to be their regular rate, The motel6.com website shows there is a 'changed rooms' Motel 6 on Iliff in Aurora, that still seems to be charging $39.99... and I guess I do wonder about the difference (as I've been at that one several years ago and it was fine). Guess someone has to pay for the change in different locations but not all. It is after all the motel chain that keeps advertising rooms for $39.99... Oh well... anyway, don't forget 10% discount for seniors; and I think there's 10% off internet rate on their website, and maybe others.

The dear lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful... and (as it was still before checkout time) I was happy to wait for a room to vacate and be cleaned on the north side of the complex which faced some trees. I found the platform bed comfortable and enjoyed the fresh new look of the place. It was half the size of the small room I had at the 'fancy place', yet I was very comfortable. The morning coffee, ice machines, laundry, pool and vending machines were typical of the Motel 6 offerings. The only thing I'd suggest would be to add a (bolted down) microwave in that vending area, which was something I've seen at several other Motel 6's... and was a REAL convenience at those places.

Yes, being just across the parking lot from a Village Inn restaurant is really convenient; and a Burger King is a block or two to the west on 84th. There's a large shopping area off I-25 on 104th Avenue too, besides being close to Denver and the interchanges on I-25, 36, 270 and 70, etc.

I still wish Motel6 would have decided to include a larger shower (like the capsule shaped ones at Sleep Inns) when they 'changed' their rooms... yet the changes are pleasing.

Room Tip: There seemed to be a bit of an odor as I walked around the motel rooms in the pool area, and the cen...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank maxinerose
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is the first Motel 6 that I have stayed at that was like staying at the Aloft by Starwood or Hotel Indigo by Priority. The rooms or very modern and very comfortable. The location is not that great, but once you get in the room you forget about it. Definitely, a must see. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Jimmy J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Candlewood Suites Denver North - Thornton

Been to Motel 6 Denver Thornton? Share your experiences!