“Great Hotel For the price”

Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I own a small business and am on a budget and thought I would save some money to that at the Sleep Inn. To my surprize I was very pleased with the hotel. The breakfast was wonderful and the employees went out of the way to assit me on my business direction. I would recommend this to any business that is needing great hotel for a small price.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 23 July 2010

Stayed at Sleep Inn on a family vacation and was surpised how nice of a hotel for the price. We had reservations for 1 night but stayed 3 because it was clean and the employees were so friendly and helpful. The pool was nice and warm and clear.I would recomenned this hotel to anybody that wants a resonable hotel. Thank-you for making our trip wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2010

Sleep Inn continues to slide. Hallways smelled. Room smelled. Breakfast area was just plain unsanitary. Way below par for any hotel chain. Choice Int'l should be ashamed of most Sleep Inns. Avoid.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank room_surveyor
Reviewed 18 October 2009

Stayed here because of my sister's baby shower. We were there just to sleep but it was still nasty.

The bed spread had nasty spot but the sheets themselves were clean.

the carpet was a bit worn and not that clean. the window had some nasty stuff on the outside like a coke was thrown at it and when I mentioned it to the front desk person they didn't care. I also explained that although I was at the top floor that the window did not close properly and that there was a gap which allowed cold outside air in. Again no response.

The breakfast is a joke. There are only about 5 tables and all there is some cold cereal and milk in a jub. All of it is very unhygenic everyone using the same jug etc..

Overall a nasty experience. The one thing I would say is that the bathroom was clean and the sheets were clean but the rest of it was nasty.. the rate is good.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank WILLVINO
Reviewed 20 September 2009

I was moved 4 times ( carpet was horrible, 1 room had no ac, bugs in the bathroom), pool had a scum layer on it and could not be sanitary, I was double charged and called a liar. What did I get? A refund of $7, now wasn't that big of them??

At what point does customer satisfaction and old fashioned professionalism come into play. Do you know what a sincere apology and at least a half refund would have done?? It wouldn't have gotten him this lousy review. There are a few simple things a motel guest expects and has the right to expect: A decent room (clean straight carpets, no bugs, clean smelling sheets, clean smelling towels, a working tv and a good mattress), a clean pool, helpful honest desk help, an apology when the charge is incorrect, and enough breakfast at the counter to keep the customer from being offended, and most important... When a motel concentrates on the best interests of it's guests, you cannot put a price tag on that. That motel becomes the cream of the crop and it is a joy for the customer to stay. That is not the desire of this motel. The customer seems to be a bother to them. It's as if they have forgotten who is providing their paycheck.

When a bad situation is preventable that is a terrible thing. But when a preventable situation isn't amended, corrected or even compensated for, then there should be impacting repercussions. Please don't stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank I-no-lie
Reviewed 20 July 2009

2 night stay.. had I been able to change hotels without losing the cost of a night I would have. it was gross, run down.. maid cleaned our room and took our towels and didn't replace them... (and they were HUNG up, not a wad on the floor).. and to top off our miserable weekend.. we had an elephant upstairs and some person burned his toast at 6am on sunday, fire alarmed the whole ferking hotel. took 2 phone calls and over an hour to get towels and then he only brought me 3 towels (um hello, we have 4 people in the room, and oh yeah, washcloths would be good). The carpet was so worn it was loose and I tripped. (not such a biggie, I am clutzy) but really that is a safety issue. aarrgghhh! I sent in a complaint today and I asked for at least a partial refund. The staff didn't even offer an explanation or apology for our 6 am wake up call. grrr! The bed was very uncomfortable. I could have really used the extra 3 hours of sleep I could have gotten (or tried).

oh and the pool... it was creeptacular.. in the basement, super tiny .. it creeped me out, it was like a horror movie waiting to happen .. mom and kids alone in pool in basement...etc, etc. (cue the dark music).. I am so relieved when my husband made it down
If this hotel was refurbed in 2007, they have really gone downhill or used inferior products. The bathroom sink was full of cracks, carpet worn and loose.

Breakfast was picked over by 9 am and not replenished, the trash bins in the area overflowing so we couldn't even dispose of our trash because it would just fall on the floor. This is while an employee is sitting there watching, although she did bring out more orange juice.

The sheets were clean though.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank kcbugzmom
Reviewed 29 June 2008

Okay, maybe some minor ones. The latch on the dorky sliding bathroom door didn't seem to work and the space in the breakfast area was fairly limited. Unless you're the real picky type, these things won't matter. The room was clean. So were the indoor pool and spa. The continental breakfast was more than adequate. The prairie dog "town" adjacent to the hotel was a bonus. We've stayed here before and would/will again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#80 of 160 in Denver
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North

Been to Econo Lodge Thornton - Denver North? Share your experiences!