“Hampton Review”

Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The room was clean and accommodating. The breakfast had a good selection with good quality. Staff was very friendly greeting with a smile and helpful. Would recommend. The location was convenient right off the interstate. The room was quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton

Reviewed 21 August 2014

Overall, hotel & rooms were clean and welcoming. I rated average because staff in the breakfast area was slow to provide food when it ran out and trash containers were over flowing. Hotel needs a little improvement in this area.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The first thing I did wrong was to book a hotel with out looking at trip advisor! I stay at Hampton Inn often and have never had an experience like this. I had booked the room a month in advance on a trip to Colorado. We checked in and my family went to the room while I had to do some last minute shopping. Before I returned my family texted me that they had changed rooms. When I got back I asked the Desk person what the problem was he said he didn't know. When I got to the room my wife indicated that the first room smelled like smoke ( Colorado has had a no smoking law for many years) and had ask for a room change which was done. The room was a King with a fold out sofa. When I booked the room I had asked for 2 rooms, the person making the reservation (not on site) assured me that it was 2 rooms with a king and sofa fold out in the second room. I called the desk and they indicated that the hotel did not have any 2 room units. I indicated we would make do for the night. Then my wife said that when they got to the room there was no towels in the room. When she went to ask for some at the desk the night manager said that it was not his job to do that, but did find some for us. Well my wife said that we were not going to stay there for 2 additional nights she call Hilton reservations and explained or issues and they made us reservations next door at the Doubletree. They were very good in helping us change to a new hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank bobbyg395
HI_Guest_Services, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service; this is not the Hampton norm as our goal is Satisfaction Guaranteed. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and experience an improved level of customer service. Thank you once again for your comments.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The location was very nice and it is right off the interstate. Quiet and peaceful If you would like breakfast get there early, food was gone and not restocked and was cold. If you don't have a major credit card expect a large deposit that is needed and will be given back to you if your room is not damaged.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location. The amenities the hotel offers are very good. Especially breakfast. Where the hotel failed is personnel and room. Took 30 minutes to check in and get my room. The desk agent could not find my reservation, then checked me into the wrong type of room reserved. After getting the correct room we left and came back late. The sofa bed that had been requested was terribly worn. No blankets and a paper thin mattress, kids ended up sleeping on the floor because it was more comfortable.
An average stay but could have been better.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This hotel has seen some wear but is still in pretty good shape. The desk attendant is pretty good on weekdays but the weekend attendants are "English speaking challenged". Be sure to request a room away from I-25 to reduce road noise affecting your sleep time.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2014

In the world of Hampton Inns, the staff was extremely pleasant and helpful. The lobby was a little too small for the amount of guests using it for breakfast. It wasn't as bright or crisp as a number of HIs that I have experienced, but still a good value and it lives up to the brand

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#16 of 19 in Westminster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster
Super 8 Westminster Denver North

Been to Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton? Share your experiences!