“Nice Food”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups
Broomfield, Colorado
“Nice Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

great food and nice place to dine in.... a Person can select his/her own steak and how it should be cocked

Visited October 2013

Thornton, Colorado
“Good Steaks!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

The family and I eat there on occasion and though the noise level is way loud, we find the food and service has always been good. It is always best to take advantage of their call ahead seating before you go there to cut down the wait time. They are always busy and crowded.

• Visited September 2013
Columbia, Tennessee
“Food Poisoning - 8/12/13”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

BEWARE OF FOOD POISONING!!! I picked my aunt up from DIA. Headed straight to Texas Roadhouse in Thornton for dinner. We both ordered Ribeye steaks. Both of us sent it back due to strange taste and extremely tough texture. Replaced them with Filet Mignons. Only had a couple of bites of each steak. Headed straight home. Upon arriving, both of us were EXTREMELY ill (I'll spare you the details). My aunt ended up in the ER the next day due to symptoms from the food poisoning. Contacted TR locally to ask if any other patrons contacted them regarding food poisoning recently, only to be redirected to Corporate. We provided all of the requested hospital paperwork through fax. Corporate promised a call back, which never came. So, upon "me" following up with them a week later, they tried to blame every other restaurant or scenario. Which I explained was impossible since we had been in different states. I reiterated that I had just picked her up from the airport and gone straight to TR, where both of us got extremely ill as soon as we left. Once again, I was promised another call back which never came. Only to receive a letter in the mail a month later stating that TR takes NO RESPONSIBILITY!!! We never asked for anything from them. But, this just adds insult to injury.

1 Thank Pamela B
erie
“WAAAY TOO LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Wow! I know these places aren't known for their quiet, intimate dining, but geez! We went last night, and the music was so loud we had to literally shout at each other across the table. On the plus side, the food was very good for the price and the service was friendly. The margaritas were huge. Would go back, but with an expectation of not talking at dinner. Oh and they have call ahead seating, not a reservation, but still a help.

1 Thank cyndees
Rensselaer, New York
“Sometimes a chain restaurant is your best option”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

I travel a lot on business. When I travel i like to sample the unique foods of the region that I am in. I am fanatical when it comes to avoiding chain restaurants. Why visit a chain restaurant in a city that you rarely visit? Travel is an opportunity to discover something new. All locations regardless of how big or how small they are have some type of unique culinary delights to offer. You just need to go out and find them.

Recently, while on a trip to Denver,I broke my own rule. I went to a Texas Roadhouse. Why you may ask? Because on my two previous culinary excursions I got burned. In Denver I had two of my worst restaurant meals i have every had. I was feeling a little gun shy and i was hungry.

I find the Texas Roadhouse chain to be consistent. They are always friendly, they are always fairly priced and their steaks are always delicious and done right.The Texas Roadhouse in Thornton proved to be no exception.

Their appetizer offerings are limited so I went right for the main course. My eight oz. filet was delivered hot and a perfect medium rare. The baked potato a salt and buttered masterpiece along side my side of corn. Simple, delicious and just what I was looking for. A little comfort food in a culinary mine field.

When I asked the waitress to tell me honestly how the coffee was there she looked me in the eye and said, "Um....sometimes good....sometimes bad...but its always better when its fresh. How about i brew you a fresh pot and you can give it a try, if its not good I wont charge you."
I had two cups. That young lady knew how to treat a customer.

I find it baffling that the Texas Roadhouse chain has the amazing ability to hire the very nicest waitstaff... without exception. Where do they find them and how on earth do they weed out the bad apples BEFORE they get to a dinner guest? I don't know but I hope they keep it up.

Feeling burnt by a couple culinary adventures gone wrong? Nice folks and basic good food done well awaits at the Texas Roadhouse in Thornton.

1 Thank gloomysundays