“Excellent Staff”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Ottawa
“Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel due to the excellent care given by the staff of this hotel. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I've seen. Staff was very helpful for presentation I was giving.

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Bobby A, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and the amazing DoubleTree Wake-Up Breakfast! We hope the chance to serve you again will come soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Torreón
Reviewed 10 April 2013

Don't get me wrong, the facilities, the rooms, the breakfast was great!

First, the GREAT:

When we arrived on Saturday night, ASHLYNN was overwelmed with all the people she had to take care of. Surrounded by teenage girls and their moms, all wanting something from her. It took her 15 minutes to take care of us, BUT she was AMAZING!!! Even when it took her that long to take care of us, she made sure we felt cared for at all times and our time waiting was well appreciated for her efforts to keep everybody happy. WOW for her!!! Never stopped smiling, fast, efficient and caring for all.

Then, on Monday night, I needed 3 or 4 more oz of milk to complete a bottle for my baby. The lady at the front desk (not Ashlynn this time)showed no interest to help me out, said there was no milk she could give me, wich is hard to believe when I knew they serve it during breakfast; and then she said "well, I can't leave the front desk, sorry". She might be right, she couldn't leave, but it was the tone she used that made me feel like "your problem is not mine!". She told me to try and ask the people at the bar.

So I went to the bar and asked ANTHONY for some milk. His college (an older lady) immediately interrupted and told me "We don't have any milk, I checked". ANTHONY ignored her comment and told me "Let me see what I can do", took my incomplete bottle and came back with it completely ful!!!! He went out-of-his-way to help us out! He was caring, showed empathyand made me feel that it was important for him for me to be happy.WOW for him too!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
We are so excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Ashlynn and Anthony were able to help ensure a great experience. I am sorry to hear about the issue with the milk though. I can assure you that every one of our staff is very excited to serve you and that will never happen again. We hope to see you soon.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The exterior of the building looks like a castle, and it is as solid inside as a castle. Great location right next to I-25 with plenty of parking. Large friendly lobby and easy access to elevator. Only drawback is poorly fitted door in room that allows hall noise easy access to room.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to fill out our on line survey and for fabulous “marks”. Your input helps us to continuously improve our operations and take better care of all of our guests.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Stayed a couple nights for business. Room was good sized and clean. The hotel seemed well cared for. The staff was very friendly. The bar was quaint and well attended. The drinks were made fairly strong, which is always nice after a 14 hour workday.
The parking lot is on a slight slope and the melting snow of the day turned into ice at night, but it was not bad, you just have to watch your step.
Starbucks and Lone Star Steak house are both on the other side of the parking lot, which was nice as well.

I would gladly stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Very good hotel. Visited in March. Very friendly staff, always ready to help or assist. Stayed for a week, and would recommend this hotel to anyone. Ate at the restaurant several times, good food and good personal service. I had a problem with the Wifi, which was addressed and solved right away. The rental car did not have an ice scraper, the hotel has several loaners. They will also teach a Florida boy how to rock their car out of a frozen parking space. I will visit here again.

Room Tip: My room faced the mountains. Loved the view.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We are looking forward to seeing you again, hopefully during warmer weather.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Great hotel, very convenient to highway, excellent breakfast, new equipment in fitness center, room very comfortable. I was given an upgrade and the room was very large and close to elevator. The breakfast omelet was made to order and done to my liking and the service in the dining room was excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us. I am so excited to hear that you had such a great stay. We look forward to welcoming you again to Thornton, CO – we enjoyed taking care of you.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Location was convenient, cookies at check in were great, breakfast was good... But I was disappointed when my key stopped working and I got a new one at the front desk without showing ID. On the positive side, when I put this in my survey, they responded that this was an error and would review their security procedures with staff. If it wasn't for the security issue, I would have given 4 stars.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for letting us know about the slip in the security and I can assure you that the situation was addressed immediately. I am glad to hear that other than the security issue, you enjoyed your stay.

Hope we see you again!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Candlewood Suites Denver North - Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
The Westin Westminster
The Westin Westminster
#4 of 19 in Westminster

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!