“Poor staff experience” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Thornton
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Poor staff experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

The person who checked me in was surly and unhelpful, gave me incorrect directions twice. The room had a plugged drain in the tub when we checked in, still plugged when we checked out. When I told the person who checked us out he offered no meaningful apology or remedy, just said goodbye.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
First of all, thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback of your recent experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We strive to do whatever we can to make sure that our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected, and I apologize that we fell short of our standards. I have have spoken personally to the front desk team to pass on your comments to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for your comments as they will help us to better our property for the future. We hope you'll give us another chance the next time you're in town!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel was so nice, I couldn't be more impressed by the staff. They are so knowledgable about great place to visit around here. The rooms were nice, and CLEAN. I will be coming back here to stay again.

Stayed November 2013
Pueblo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Very Nice Hotel, close to I-25. I would definatly stay here again. The fitness facility was very nice and quiet. The more breakfast was well worth it. The service at the bar could have been a little better but its a nice pieceful place to sit down and have a drink.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

This property is good. Real good, Although it's nestled in with a bunch of mediocre hotels nearby. The rooms are excellent - everything was in-order and very clean. There's a Starbucks, a Lone Star Steakhouse, and an Applebee's across the parking lot from the hotel.

I was so pleasantly surprised upon arriving to the front desk to be checked in by someone who (gasp!) actually seemed to like their job, take pride in what they do, and have a fun time doing it. I can honestly say that everyone that I came into contact during my stay was absolutely charming and nice and willing to go the extra mile in everything that they do! And you can tell it's sincere and not some cheap patronizing put-on. It's a refreshing change from most of the hotels where I stay.

I say "Thanks! You do a great job!" to everyone at the Doubletree - Thornton.

Room Tip: I was a little worried about having the room next to the elevator, but it's silent. Heard nothin...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you ever so much for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is nice to hear that taking pride in what we do shows! Serving our guests and taking care of you is our first and foremost job. We work hard to ensure that each and every guest has an excellent experience with us. Hope you enjoyed the chocolate chip cookie too, thanks again,
Charlotte, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

The Doubletree in Westminster, CO exhibits the high standards of excellence one expects from this brand of hotel in the Hilton portfolio. It's proximate location to my business location as well as the route to and from the Denver Airport highly recommend it. The rooms and amenities are what you expect from a Hilton property. And the staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend it to those traveling for business in the Westminster, Thornton areas of Denver.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Denver Thornton property is newly renovated, beautiful and clean. The staff is accomodating and professional. The guest rooms are lovely and quiet. I was there on business but would love to share with my family as well. I Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Northglenn, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just needed a night to get away so my boyfriend and I booked a room. We had a nice and relaxing night of piece and quite. Our room was very nice and very relaxing. And y\the bed, best hotel bed by far! It was just what we needed. We definitely will be back!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
The Westin Westminster
The Westin Westminster
#4 of 19 in Westminster
DoubleTree by Hilton Denver - Westminster
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver North/Westminster

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!