“Great hotel!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Dryden, United States
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Hotel was very clean and comfortable. It has a bar and a very nice large patio just outside with firepits and several options for seating. There are several restaurants nearby if you choose not to eat at the hotel's restaurant. Overall, it was a great place to relax and enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Thank you again,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
lexington, ma, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. Staff was excellent. They helped me after I checked out but still needed a conference room for a meeting. I am also handicapped and they took care of my special needs with and great room.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We're pleased to know our property, amenities, and guest service met your satisfaction. Thank you for selecting our hotel for your travels. We hope you'll visit us again soon.
Phoenix, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I love that it's not your traditional style hotel. The staff is great, rooms are nicely equipped and outdoor dining area is really nice. I also like that they have good free coffee in the bar area downstairs. Also the welcome chocolate chip walnut cookies are to die for.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for you wonderful comments about our staff, the patio,our coffee (Allegro-roasted right up the street) and the COOKIE! We hope to see you again soon. At your service,
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

We didn't get our cookies - lol. The staff was great, the beds are comfy, housekeeping was awesome (needed a few items). And the only reason I'm rating them a 4 out of 5 is because we realized after we were sitting in wonderful Denver traffic that we didn't get our cookies. Next time we'll ask for two cookies each!!

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Oh NO! My sincere apologies. Our cookies are the best, I am so very sorry we didn't give them to you. We are glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service and promise TRIPLE cookies for your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
Marion, Iowa
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lindy on the Rocks hosted their annual swing dance here with 3 nights of dance events in the main ballroom. There are 3 portable dance floors in the large main ballroom - and NO AIR CONDITIONING!!! Hundreds of adults swing dancing all over the room and the thermostat was set at 68 but the room read 79! We were DYING in that room with no FRESH air. The CO2 that filled the room made us lightheaded! Staff were obviously aware of it as they finally put one large industrial fan in an open doorway that led to the parking lot! ONE FAN! WHAT was that supposed to do? There were more than 20 air conditioning vents in the ceiling throughout the room and only ONE was blowing any air (you could verify air movement because there were decorations that hung from the ceiling and none moved, except those in front of this one vent). THIS IS REPREHENSIBLE AND IRRESPONSIBLE. I have complained to the the Lindy group about it and I hope they do NOT rent that ballroom again. There is NO excuse! It is a "ballroom" where people are expected to DANCE! It is the responsibility of the event manager to make certain that the welfare of the patrons is taken care of and they ruined a fun event! I strongly recommend that no one ever use this place for a dancing event again! Anywhere else but here! I will never return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Katharine C
I am sorry to hear that your experience was not consistent with the standards that we both have for Doubletree Hotels. Your feedback gives us valuable information to improve our guests’ experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us.
Wichita, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is fantastic. We kept getting kicked off the wifi so that was frustrating. Also, there was an event in the Event Center when we arrived and no parking available so we were told we could park out back. This wasn't a problem since there was an entrance near our elevator from that parking lot. However, this is a non smoking hotel so my husband was in his truck smoking one evening and a security guard told him that he couldn't sit in his truck and smoke. Well excuse me, but where would you like guests to do so? Anyway, after talking to the guard for a minute he mentioned that he doesn't work for the hotel and actually just worked for the event that was being held at the hotel. I suppose this is not the hotel's fault but we should not have been harassed for smoking outside at a non smoking hotel. Other than that the service, cleanliness, and overall experience was awesome. My daughter loved that she had a feather duvet and feather pillow. She felt like a queen. I will be staying here in the future!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback about your stay with us at Doubletree Thornton. And thank you for the fabulous comments. My apologies that our security guard gave you a hard time, I have spoken to him so this does not happen in the future. Thank you for selecting our hotel for your travels. We hope you'll visit us again soon.
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

We live 1 mile from this hotel. We stayed here for 2 nights before we moved out of town. It does not have a great reputation here locally, but, we thought it might be fun for our 3 kids, 14, 4, and 2. The room was renovated but, that's about it. The mini fridge would not stay cold so our milk went bad the 1st day. Check in was a nightmare, the guy at the front desk could not figure out where our 'folio' was. When the manager came out, she reemed him in front of me and then implied it was our fault from changing our reservation to add a night. We ordered room service for breakfast and were told it we be 15 minutes. It ended up being 45 and they forgot half of our order. When they finally got it all to us, the breakfast burrito tasted like moldy cheese! They did not attend to our room until we requested it around 530pm. There's no option to order movies or any channels for younger children. The indoor pool is gross and the jacuzzi was broken. Honestly, for the same money, we could have stayed 10 miles away at the Westin Westminster And had 1st class service. We have stayed next door at the Hampton Inn and it was far better, minus the on site restaurant. It was extremely disappointing to say the least!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Pam H, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
My sincere apologies that your experience was not consistent with the standards that we both have for Doubletree Hotels. Your feedback gives us valuable information to improve our guests’ experience, and I have shared your comments with our staff so that we can improve our guest services. We work hard every day to ensure our guests enjoy their stay. Our apologies again for the late room service, it was entirely our fault, and as you and I discussed, your breakfast was free of charge. Thank you,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Candlewood Suites Denver North - Thornton
Ramada Plaza Northglenn/Denver North
The Westin Westminster
The Westin Westminster
#4 of 19 in Westminster
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!