“When the front desk leaves... trouble comes out to play”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Denver, Colorado
“When the front desk leaves... trouble comes out to play”
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I used Priceline 'name your price' and got this location to stay in. I read the reviews and was VERY hesitant about going by myself. Luckily I had a friend go with me so I would feel more comfortable. The accommodations were clean and comfortable. All was fine until about 11pm at night when the front desk left. People started running up and down the halls screaming, a girl and a guy got in a fight and started screaming about 'how all he ever is going to be is a crackhead and smoking crack'.... needless to say I did NOT feel SAFE or COMFORTABLE here. All night there was loud music coming from some of the rooms, people yelling or going crazy. Will not stay again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Del Rio, Texas
Reviewed 13 July 2011

I got this through Priceline and had no choice on where I was going to stay. The room had no shower curtain, I had to go to the office to get one. I stayed there three days, and not once did a maid come into the room. After calling the office, I was told there is no maid service until you stay there 7 days. Really? That's disgusting. Upon walking around the "complex", my son and I came upon a room sealed off with red tape. There was a posted sign by the city that the room was seized due to illegal drug manufacturing. This is definitely not a place to take your kids. Had I not already pre-paid for the room, I would have left after the first night. The "residents" that stay there are a little scary too. I had my room locked at all times I was in the room. Oh, and there is no pool there, so don't think about swimming there!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Fort Garland, Colorado
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We have stayed at Crosslands three times and plan several more trip to Crossland. It is centrally located for our business, stores and restaurants, as well as fast food places.

We have stayed in both the single and two queen smoking rooms. We found the single a tad small for us and all the things we bring. The queen is much more roomy and we like it. The rooms have always been very clean and well kept. Having a frig, microwave is very good. Also, plates, bowels, flatware and pots, pans and a stove are a great addition.

The office staff is always helpful and cheery (when I request extra coffee., or when I needed another key card). Even the maid service people are great.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 4 August 2010

First of all, I know that you usually get what you pay for. Seeing as this is an economy extended stay hotel, my expectations of this hotel were not that high to begin with. I travel very frequently and usually stay in nicer brands, but this was booked very last minute and I settled for a cheaper option.

Upon check-in, I learned that there are no irons and ironing boards in the rooms. This is king of a big deal because I was in town for a job interview and I did not want to wear wrinkled clothes to a job interview. The reservation agent on duty at the time told me they have irons but all of the irons are currently out on loan to residents (yes there are several people who actually live at this hotel since it is an extended stay hotel). She assured me that one was coming back shortly and she would be sure to reserve it for me the following morning. I came back the next morning as soon as the office opened and wouldn't you know it, there was no iron reserved for me. There was a new reservation agent on duty at this point and she had no interest in helping me find an iron even after I explained that I have a job interview in a few hours and I cannot show up with wrinkled clothes. Her response was "I'm sorry". That's it! She could have at least offered to see which rooms had irons that should have already been brought back, but she was obviously not interested in helping.

As I previously mentioned, there are several people that live here month-to-month since it is a cheap alternative to signing a 12-monthe lease in an actual apartment. The problem is that these people seemed to think they owned the place and had no regard for the other guests. There were several people out on the balcony at 2-3 am screaming and making tons of noise. In addition, it sounded like the studio above me had a skate ramp built inside it and the tenants were doing jumps and tricks at 4 am. I'm sure they don't really have a skate park in their studio, but that is what it sounded like. Needless to stay, I got virtually no sleep. Basically, I showed up to the job interview with wrinkled clothes running on zero sleep. I wonder if I will get the job?????

I definitely recommend spending a little extra money to stay at nicer hotels in nearby Westminster or Broomfield. You won't regret it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
oakland, ca
Reviewed 13 July 2010

Like a previous reviewer, there was a giant black hair in my shower. They don't even provide shampoo, just a horrible bar of cheap hotel soap. They make a big deal about the kitchenette, but who really needs electric burners and pots and pans in their dinky hotel room... There's a coffee-maker, but no creamer or sugar... No hairdryer. No nothing. The bed which they call a double, is pretty much a single. Two people could not sleep in this bed. The bed is hard as a rock and was collapsed on the front end until I propped it back up... This is seriously the biggest dump I've ever stayed in and I sometimes like the charm of a kitschy hotel. There is no charm here. Also this area of town looks moderately nice, but the people are really trashy (literally walking around barefoot and without teeth)... scary.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 8 June 2010

This hotel beds were COVERED in long black human hairs! All over the pillows, all over the sheets, ALL over!!! More than that my husband and I had to call the POLICE to get our money back because the woman at the front desk, Katrina, would not move us or give us our cash back when we refused to sleep in the room. Do not stay here. I am not even that picky about hotels and can stay practically anywhere, but this place was crazy discusting. When we should the police officer the bed he agreed that neither he nor his wife would sleep there. Please believe me when I tell you, you do NOT want to stay there.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Ohio
Reviewed 13 July 2009

The creed posted in their office reads "Treat Each Guest as You Would Like to be Treated"....they DO NOT live up to this motto! We checked in after paying for two Queen beds and were told "there were not Queens available - Housekeeping was gone for the night" and we were given doubles...not what we paid an extra $22 for! Then when we arrived in our room it smelled horrible and the refrigerator door was open and defrosting - leaking all over the floor. I called the front desk to have someone come and take care of the wet floor and leaking refrigerator and was told by the front desk clerk, "that is not my job!". After I said "excuse me?", she was extremely rude and said that she was not a housekeeper and maintenance person - none were available and I'd have to clean up myself and pull the refrigerator out and plug back in to prevent it from leaking more. I asked why a guest was expected to clean up after another guest - she hung up on me.

We spoke to the manager the next morning and he said they were understaffed! We cancelled our 2nd night at this hotel and moved up the road to a nicer hotel that appreciated and deserved our business!

I highly recommend avoiding this hotel.....other rooms in our extended party were dirty and the clientelle walking around seemed questionable - lots of "activity" in the back parking lot.

For a GREAT experience at less money, use the Sleep Inn off 120th Street - great value and service!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
#17 of 19 in Westminster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!