“not good place to waste your money.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Broomfield, Colorado
“not good place to waste your money.”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Don,t ever stay at Crossland Economy studios in Thornton its not worth the ads on website and hell dont look like it either and when u check out they changed prices on you when u leave to keep from returning refund in about 7-14 days when you paid cash up front i had non smoking room still found poeple standing outside smoking and they charge so much do your laundry there i ended up going to laundrymat it was much cheaper and machines where better looking there was dogs barking alkinda noise arguements elevator didn't work was waiting on repair guy just so not worth it left went to sleep inn stay and feel safe never going back there in future.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by people smoking outside of the hotel. We do try to ensure our non-smoking guests are not disturbed by those that smoke by providing smoking designated areas. I will work with the staff on monitoring these types of situations better moving forward. As well, I apologize for the level of cleanliness throughout our property and the billing error. We are working to improve our processes so these types of issues do not happen again.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at thr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Room was not clean blanket had burn holes in it and reeked of smoke mind you my room was non smoking. The staff was unfriendly and rude except Jnae the night clerk she was very nice and the most helpfull person in the whole place. On two ocassions I caught cleaning lady's smoking outside my room when asked to move they moveed down to the next door. I had a guy come by my room five times pool king for Steve evade toy Steve is a drug dealer I am not Steve nor am I a drug dealer on the fith time I met him at the door with a gun and he finally understood that I was not Steve or a drug dealer. My name is Kevin Parker I was in room 237. I regret ever staying there and recommend anyone els considering this hotel please consider somewhere els it's a wast of money. I want a refund but know that wont happen.

• Stayed April 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the staff and someone knocking on your door is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind at our hotel. Due to this, we take your remarks very seriously and are looking into taking action as needed.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at thr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
St. Marys, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked this because I have stayed at Extended Stay before and loved it, I came to this property and it was HORRIBLE, the beds are firm, there is only 3 drawers for a dresser, no actual closet and no couch area. We were assigned a room on the second floor, we rode the elevator up but on the 2nd floor the doors didn't open and we ended up riding the elevator back down to first floor, the only positive is the desk agent was friendly enough and didn't argue with me when I asked for my money back....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mrsjessikad
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 2 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for every guest and I will work with the staff so that this is achieved. Thank you again for your review. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Greenfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed 12 March 2013

This was the second last night of our road trip out west. We stayed in motels for 22 nights on this trip. This room was the 2nd worst room of all of them. It was old and dingy. The TV was very small and sat very low on a dresser. The thing we really did not like was the bed. I thought when I made the reservation that asked for a Queen or a king and what it turned out to be was a full size. On top of that it was not to comfortable and the mattress must have been covered with plastic because every time you turned you could here the crunch of the plastic below you. The stair way also made me fell like I was in some low income housing project.

Sorry I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Altaboyd
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team will be retrained to make sure we check all rooms before we rent it out. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at thr@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time
Reviewed 29 January 2013

From the time I entered the office,I was greeted by very friendly helpful staff and was helped right away. My room was very spacious and clean, freshly carpeted and painted which was very nice. The location was convenient very close to I-25 & downtown Denver. My stay was in all exceptional and I will stay again when I come back to town.

• Stayed January 2013
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I received a copy and wanted to thank you for the great comments about the staff and service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We have been here over a month. We arrived on a last minute decision. The front desk staff was always friendly and very helpfull. During our stay, everytime we interacted with any of the staff at Crossland Economy Studios -Denver - Thornton, they were always pleasant and took care of our needs immediately. The room was clean and both the kitchen and bathroom was filled with the items of everyday nessecities. Clean towels were provided daily, as well as all toiletries. I would reccomend Crossland to all of my friends and family. We will be back in the future.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you liked our rates and hotel! I’m glad that the staff was able to make your stay so enjoyable.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I have been here a little over a month and the staff have been great. I am new to the area and they have been nothing but helpful. The value was great and the location was convenient. There was easy access to the interstate and everything else from grocery stores to a shopping mall.

Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this review, 28 January 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay.Thanks again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Super 8 Westminster Denver North
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
#17 of 19 in Westminster
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Hampton Inn Denver North / Thornton
Drury Inn & Suites Denver Westminster

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!