“Very close to the worst room ever.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Thornton
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I had to defrost the freezer to get the refrigerator to cool, the toilet tank was leaking on the floor, the Wifi was so slow that one could not view video, the non-smoking room smelled of smoke. An article accidentally left in the room, could not be retrieved by a friend passing through the area the very next day! We were told the following day it had been trashed. In the 7 days I was there, it was not cleaned once. Cigarette butts & dog feces outside abound. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank janthepayne

Reviewed 7 July 2013

The room was a nice size, but it smelled like smoke even though it was a NON Smoking room!!! There was not a lot of noise for being by a busy street and highway. It was not the worst Hotel I have stayed at but it is not the best either, I thought it was a little high in price for the room, but overall it was a good stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Ashley - I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We appreciate the kind comments about your stay at our hotel; however, we apologize that your room had a smoke smell. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are going to treat the rooms with a smoke eliminator prior to a guest checking in to help prevent the rooms from smelling like smoke moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please feel free to contact me directly, at thr@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I reserved this through a third party website. No refunds are allowed for any reason. Do not stay here if you want privacy, because it does not happen. The desk clerk announces your room number so your neighbors can hear. I am very disgusted at the cleanliness of the room

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Fairylver
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the cleanliness of your room is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I met with the staff, and am reviewing the importance of cleanliness with our housekeeping staff and guest privacy with the entire staff. Please know, that staff should not be sharing guest information, and we will be correcting this immediately.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I invite you to contact me, at thr@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I can say some good things about this hotel:
1. The beds (at least mine) were very comfortable.
2. The staff is very friendly if not overly helpful.
3. The location is very convenient.
Unfortunately, that's where the good stuff ends:
1. The wifi is indeed free but is still overpriced even at free. There is a 1MB connection to be shared by all guests and it will make you feel sentimental for those days of 1200 baud dial up modems. Took 40 minutes to download a 5MB file. But you can get up at 3AM and get a decent (not good) internet speed. I complained and was told that many had complained, that they had new equipment ordered, but it had been on order for some time and they had no idea if or when it might arrive or be installed. I called the tech support line and got a VERY helpful and knowledgeable person (case 6130177). I was going to purchase the upgraded internet service but alas, THIS HOTEL doesn’t have or offer this service.
2. Smoking is excluded from all rooms on floor 1 & 2 but people smoke on the balcony and you might as well be smoking in your room. Second hand smoke is everywhere and enters the room.
3. The mini (emphasis on MINI) fridge has a freezer that is ice bound but will not make ice.
4. Half of all the water handles (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, shower) turn in reverse causing instant scalding and freezing and management did not seem to care that this is a safety hazard and in violation of building code laws.
5. Toaster in the room? Not here.
6. A side benefit: you get to know exactly when your next door neighbor gets up, goes to the bathroom, flushes the toilet, etc.
7. If you have a Sprint phone, don't even bother turning it on. You are either on roaming or have a "no signal".
8. The bathroom sink will not seal closed to hold water.
9. Ditto for the kitchen sink.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DenverRandy
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Thank you for the kind comments about the comfortable bedding, our convenient location and our friendly staff. However, we apologize that the internet was not working properly and that we did not have all of the amenities you were expecting available in your room. All of our rooms come equipped with a mini-fridge, so I am sorry if it was not large enough for your needs. As well, I apologize for the smoking odor in your room and the noise disturbances you experienced during your stay. Please know, I am working with the staff to ensure all maintenance issues are handled immediately, our housekeeping staff eliminates any odors that are lingering and our WiFi connection is fixed.

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at thr@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Don,t ever stay at Crossland Economy studios in Thornton its not worth the ads on website and hell dont look like it either and when u check out they changed prices on you when u leave to keep from returning refund in about 7-14 days when you paid cash up front i had non smoking room still found poeple standing outside smoking and they charge so much do your laundry there i ended up going to laundrymat it was much cheaper and machines where better looking there was dogs barking alkinda noise arguements elevator didn't work was waiting on repair guy just so not worth it left went to sleep inn stay and feel safe never going back there in future.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ms BAJ J

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I am very sorry that you were affected by people smoking outside of the hotel. We do try to ensure our non-smoking guests are not disturbed by those that smoke by providing smoking designated areas. I will work with the staff on monitoring these types of situations better moving forward. As well, I apologize for the level of cleanliness throughout our property and the billing error. We are working to improve our processes so these types of issues do not happen again.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. To discuss further, or if you have any questions, please contact me at thr@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2013

Room was not clean blanket had burn holes in it and reeked of smoke mind you my room was non smoking. The staff was unfriendly and rude except Jnae the night clerk she was very nice and the most helpfull person in the whole place. On two ocassions I caught cleaning lady's smoking outside my room when asked to move they moveed down to the next door. I had a guy come by my room five times pool king for Steve evade toy Steve is a drug dealer I am not Steve nor am I a drug dealer on the fith time I met him at the door with a gun and he finally understood that I was not Steve or a drug dealer. My name is Kevin Parker I was in room 237. I regret ever staying there and recommend anyone els considering this hotel please consider somewhere els it's a wast of money. I want a refund but know that wont happen.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Kparker934
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The situation you described regarding the staff and someone knocking on your door is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. Please know, we do not condone illegal activity of any kind at our hotel. Due to this, we take your remarks very seriously and are looking into taking action as needed.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

I booked this because I have stayed at Extended Stay before and loved it, I came to this property and it was HORRIBLE, the beds are firm, there is only 3 drawers for a dresser, no actual closet and no couch area. We were assigned a room on the second floor, we rode the elevator up but on the 2nd floor the doors didn't open and we ended up riding the elevator back down to first floor, the only positive is the desk agent was friendly enough and didn't argue with me when I asked for my money back....

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mrsjessikad
Adrian S, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Our goal is to create a “home away from home” for every guest and I will work with the staff so that this is achieved. Thank you again for your review. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Thornton
Cottonwood Suites Westminster
La Quinta Inn Denver Northglenn
#16 of 20 in Westminster
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Denver - Thornton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver North

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Denver - Thornton? Share your experiences!