Unfortunately for the price this hotel is to far from the main thoroughfare of Jomtien Beach. You can get a songtaw or taxi but for a very high price between 200-400 Baht. The hotel itself I feel is comfortable, nicely appointed rooms and clean, but sometimes the house keeping staff are a little careless, especially the bathroom where they forget o remove the used soap of a previous guest. You also have to watch for ants and not leave food around.
The staff all do not speak English, but a couple do and try their utmost to service your needs. The disappointing part of my stay was threefold.
1. The morning I arrived the restaurant was not open because if there is a party the night before and there is nothing next morning for the staff to do , than they don't open the restaurant when they should, so I had to go for a long walk and find something that time of the morning which was about 7am. No choice.
2. If you have valuables like jewellery, money and passport there are no safes in the rooms not is there one at front desk. Which you have to cart the things around with you, and security out in the town is scary. I made the mistake of asking the front desk clerk to hold my passport and documents for me until I return in the evening and get them from her. Taking my documents was not a problem, but getting it back was a fiasco especially when I was leaving the next day at 6 am. I got back to the hotel in the evening and approached the clerk to get m documents and was told that they are in the money safe of the hotel and do I have proof they were mine and to produce the paper signed by the person and myself so that I could get them back, I said no I was not asked to do so, just to help the accountant advised the clerk to take them and put it in the safe. not knowing at that time the safe was only for money reasons. Thais do not give complete and precise information about situations so one is always left in a quandary. So at that point I blew a gasket and than was told there was only one key and the account has gone home and he lives 2 hours away from the hotel and will be back at 9 am next day, so there were 2 lies from the clerk. Now I needed my passport, how do I get it back, so I lost my cool and asked to get the guy on the phone and ensure he is back in a short time to give them to me . I was told to wait about 1 and half hours for him to return, wait in my room and she would call me. It was not even 15 minutes I was in my room, I got a call to say he had returned. I thought he might have come back by rocket, knowing my wrath, so I concluded that he was in and around the property to have returned in that short of time. Anyway he gave them to me without any further problems.
3. Please do not break anything in the hotel of spoil the bed clothes with wine or food, you will get charged for replacing and cleaning. I was a witness to this episode.
Also I requested a sea view room, don't bother to ask for it, you can't see the sea, its over the distant and trees and other high rise buildings are in your path. Never will I go to stay there again.Next morning I left but when I booked my taxi it cost me 400 Baht or you don't get one, for a 5 min ride to the bus station.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your B2 Jomtien reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- B2 Jomtien Pattaya/Jomtien Beach