As advertised. We had a family suite, although I would recommend getting 2 or 3 rooms instead. The FS is about 3x the price of a standard room, but they only give you 4x breakfasts, so if you have more people it seems not worth it. The main issue with the FS is that they are located at the very end of the hallways on either end, at the edges of the hotel. The views aren't very good as the other rooms and the wifi doesn't work (even if you pay the extortionate rates for it). So, in all, having the most expensive and largest room on the property gets you the worst of everything. Nice one.
As some reviewers have also said, the check in is a disaster. Our experience was the same as others reported here. Half hour of confusion with inept staff and seemingly nobody in charge. The wifi is indeed an enormous ripoff. Every $2 cafe along the road has it for free, so why is it B100 per hour at my hotel???
Strangely enough, we also experienced a general lack of friendliness in the staff, but also overall in Jomtien. This is sort of the one place I have ever been in Thailand where people aren't smiling or very friendly. Oddly enough.
The clientele here is about 80% Thai and 20% Russian. I could see zero other nationalities except for ourselves, which was curious. The breakfast is steadfastly mass-market low end buffet. There were however enough reasonably cooked Thai dishes to make it interesting over the 4 days.
This is a giant package tour hotel, and a hotel room is about US$50. You get what you pay for (apart from the wifi!). Expect exactly that and you won't be disappointed. Jomtien itself was disappointing though. It is as dirty as Pattaya, but without the circus that at least makes Pattaya interesting. It is also far less properly developed which means that although there are a lot of people, shacks, and trash there is very little proper shopping or food. You sort of end up with the worst of Pattaya but not what good it has to offer either.
If I had to go back, I would stay up in Pattaya itself. Unless you have some very specific reason why you need to be down in Jomtien, it is certainly not worth staying in that area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya is an elegant 4-star hotel with magnificent 38 storey located right on the beautiful beach, on the eastern shore of the Bay of Siam. This elegant hotel features 500 expansive guestrooms that are decorated with a blend of traditional and contemporary Thai themes for a luxurious yet cosy feel. Every residence is complemented by one or more spacious balconies facing the ocean, allowing you to relax in privacy, enjoying spectacular view of the beach and the bay of Siam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Prestigia, Fastbooking, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furama Jomtien Beach Hotel Nong Prue
- Nusa Playa Hotel
- D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya