“This is the hotel NOT to book”

D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Jomtien Beach
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“This is the hotel NOT to book”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Booking was made several months in advance, directly with hotel via online. The photos on the website are not actual photos of the room you make your booking. Standard/Deluxe and Executive bookings are all the same room. Different floor changes with price. I made booking with Executive and was not impressed with the room on arrival as it had no decor, furniture was old and beaten, the entire room should have been renovated several years prior.
Certain "benefits" were explained upon checkin but no one in the hotel understood what an customer receives with a Executive room booking. Discounts for food and laundry were not calculated as promised in the final check out billing.
Staff were not trained and the entire atmosphere of the hotel was not customer orientated. Bus loads and bus loads of tour groups arrived and this was the target "one time" customer for the hotels' business.
If you are a couple looking for a hotel with new decor and customer service; this is not the place to make a booking !!!
Good location with excellent views from balcony yes this hotel has, but the hotel is old, the staff not trained and the hundreds and hundreds of bus tours moving through the hotel daily is not ideal for couples.
The morning breakfast buffet resembles something of a high school cafeteria, food quality was poor, and same selection daily.
Meals were priced considerably high for this standard hotel and with the added 10% hotel and 7% VAT taxes made the prices ridiculous !
Lots of great hotels in Jomtien and Pattaya to choose from and stay away from this "bus stop/cafeteria !!!

Room Tip: All rooms same low quality with 'no decor' and 'no mini bar' and 'no complimenta...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SilicaStorm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We spent about 3-4 days here late last year. We weren't really expecting much until we went inside the premises of the hotel. It was beautiful! All the plants around you and the stone steps aesthetically placed leading to the rooms area. We were even able to meet a couple of new people while we were there the food's fantastic and I really miss their coffee. Their staff is also very accommodating! Rooms are very clean and we were able to sleep peacefully at night. :) I'd recommend this place to anyone! It's a really nice place especially for it's price! Will definitely be back. :)

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neungiee
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I was been in Pattaya for couple days wacatıon was amazing country.
my fist trip is excellent with "D Varee hotel" Pattaya.
I am really impressed with this luxury hotel,
Front desk was extremely helpful during my stay, giving me information on the area,
the restaurants was a very welcoming place and the D Varee Hotel was equally as welcoming.
They are very friendly, professional and helpful staff & management”

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel have been renamed from something...i guess Furama... to D Varee. The building is old. The room and furnitures are also old and need renovation. Staffs are ok but not great. The breakfast was terrible and there were not enough seats for everybody. Swimming is nothing special. The good thing about this hotel is that rooms on high floors offer spectacular view of the beach and sea. Will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Try high floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tommy N

Travellers are raving about these Jomtien Beach hotels

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This hotel had a nice panoramic view, but need to improve their service mind.
My room wasn't clean enough but the nice sea view of Pattaya Jomtien Bay could help and I spent almost day around balcony to watched great sunset !!!

Room Tip: Request a high floor is better to see nice view !
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We got a very good deal online with nearly 50 percent off. This was what swayed us towards booking with D Varee. If you wanna be away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya like we did then this place is great for you location wise. However overall we were slightly disappointed and just glad we didn’t pay the normal room rate as I would have expected more for the money.

As we walked in I was impressed by the lobby as it is very grand and looks like a 5 star hotel. What dampened my spirits and brought me back to reality however were the 5 staff on reception who made no efforts to make eye contact or say Hello as we were waiting to be seen. It was an effort to get a smile out of the staff. When we did finally speak with them there was still no hint of a smile or greeting from any of them.

After they had taken payment for the room they told us we were in a twin room. We booked a double room and stressed that this was what we had paid for. We were told ‘We don’t have one available’ No apology, not even a smile! This went on for a couple of minutes. I asked if there was anything else available and she said ‘you must pay more for a King Room’. I asked if she thought this was fair and she never replied. They said we could change to another room the following day. As we were only staying for 2 nights this was disappointing. When we got to the room there were no chairs on the balcony, 2 coffees, 1 tea and only one creamer. Now call me petty but when you pay a certain amount of money you expect some if not all of these things to be in order. It does make you feel tedious having to ask for these things more than once. So I ring reception and ask them if they can assist. After everything is in place I decide to run a bath. However I only stay in it for 2 minutes as there is no hot water. The rooms themselves are a little dated and there was a strong smell of drains that became more obvious when you left the room and re-entered.

The following Saturday morning we went to the breakfast buffet which was a success. There was a good choice of food for everyone and we really enjoyed it.vHowever on the Sunday this was a different story. As we entered the room we realised there was no where to sit and there were lots of people walking around also looking for somewhere to sit. I went up to the lady on the door and said ‘There is no where to sit. You should stop letting people in as there is no room!’ She didn’t seem to understand what I was saying and continued to let people keep walking in. Some would call this a language barrier – I however would call this common sense as it was obvious to everyone what was going on. We did eventually manage to find a table which we shared with someone. OK we have a seat now lets go get some food…..or not. There was no bacon and no eggs! Every time the food was brought out this was cleared in seconds as there were too many people waiting. I did manage to get an egg after waiting for 20 minutes. This was disappointing. As a Westerner who lives in Bangkok I had been waiting for an International breakfast for so long but this dream was short lived and I never did get my bacon!

Both pool areas were nice to relax in and the gardens around the building were pretty and quaint. The view from the room was also great

A lick of paint, a change of furniture and a few smiles would go a long way at D Varee.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as you can with an ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Lancashire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Nice hotel but charges for wifi - how very 20th century. We stayed in the off season so had a very highly reduced price room - this ticked the box for us, as there's no way I'd have paid the rack rate for the hotel. Yes it's a nice hotel with 2 pools & a quality feel, but there's a lot better value places to stay than D Varee at rack rate. If you can get a discounted rate it's worth a stay, but if not look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jomtien Palm Beach Hotel & Resort
Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
#21 of 449 in Pattaya

Been to D Varee Jomtien Beach, Pattaya? Share your experiences!