“Dirty, unprofessional and isolated!”

Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Jomtien Beach
Bangkok, Thailand
“Dirty, unprofessional and isolated!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

One of the worst stays in a Thai hotel ever!

I was really impressed by the most reviews in the tripadvisor and the professional photos of the hotel and I made the mistake to book a long weekend there. It was one of the worst stays in Thailand ever!

We have booked in room with a sea view but we were actually were in a room at the ground floor of a building looking over the trees and the garden. When I told to the duty manager that this is not sea view she told me that I requested lower floor which was a huge lie. She didn't offer to change the rooms although I am sure there were plenty of rooms available.

Rooms are extremely old, they are run down and nothing works properly. The shower will bring either super hot or cold water. The water is coming from all over the connections of the shower head. The air-con is extremely noisy. The rooms and balconies are not clean enough. Stains from insects all ever the walls.

The restaurant is also not up to cleaning standards of Thailand (see photo).

The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and the dinning options inside and outside very few. The hotel food itself is average. Outside the hotel the only good food available is to be found in the nearby "Glass House". There are a couple of other restaurants around but with bad food. The hotel charges extremely high fees for transportation.

One day I asked transportation to the floating market (I booked in advance). I was waiting for 30 minutes and when I complained they offered a free transfer and I said "yes thank you" and I was ready to give the hotel a good point. But what happened is that I was cheated! Because when we arrived in the floating market the driver insisted to take us to the entrance were we had to pay the expensive package and I understood later that he was asking commission from the floating market reception! So I paid the car via the expensive ticket to the floating market!

Another night there was a party in the hotel, the music was extremely loud and I went to the bar to ask them to turn it down (it was past 11pm). The staff in the bar send me back to my room, he told me that they will keep the music as is and he was laughing at me! I decided to go to the reception to complain but as I was walking by the bar stage I noticed that the patrons were adult non-Thai men dancing and flirting with underage Thai girls. Let me say that for my ethic standards anything among two or more consenting adults is absolutely fine but I can't stand anything involving minors! I went to the reception informing them that I'll call the police (and I did it) because they were hosting such a party! Immediately they stooped the music and the party and I think that everybody run back the their rooms. I am not sure if the police involved but I called them and I reported the incident.

What about the hotel's website photos with the beautiful chairs and huts in the beach and the garden? Probably taken years ago! What you will find there is abandoned chairs and huts without cover full of birds droppings! Everywhere! I mean bird droppings is the main decorative item in this hotel.

The places smells terribly also. Most of the day sewage smell is allover the place. It feels that it comes from everywhere.

Overall it was a terrible stay, I'll not go back and of course I do not recommend the hotel.

I hope that the tripadvisor will take this report seriously and will stop giving to this hotel a certificate of excellency! I can't really understand how people stayed at this hotel can give anything above 2 out of 5 points!

Room Tip: Probably there is no good room there!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank Trip_Datum
Hotels-Resorts P, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this review, 6 October 2014
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
We apologies for all the misunderstanding, we will investigate according to your review.
The announced problems will be sort out and if you visit us again it will be different from your last stay.
The Pinnacle Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently stayed at this resort with my husband and children.
From the moment we arrived, we received nothing but poor service. We stood waiting in the lobby whilst staff sat at their desks seemingly unaware we were there, despite being stood with 3 young, noisy children.

We arrived to our dirty, old style room to much disappointment. This was certainly not what we thought we had booked, and immediately tried to (ever so politely) rectify the issue with staff. They then showed us an even less suitable room, at which point I became extremely upset and distressed.

Travelling with children is not an easy task, let alone travelling overseas.

One would imagine the staff would be trying to be more accommodating, however we felt nothing but less than welcome.

We checked out the following morning after finding more suitable, family friendly accommodation elsewhere.

I recommend that if anybody is to stay here, that they insist upon the bungalows, and not the old, run down hotel that is seemingly only used only by staff.

• Stayed June 2014
7 Thank becfay12
Hotels-Resorts P, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest,
Thanks for posting a review on Tripadvisor.
We apologies for all the misunderstanding which happened.
Please be informed that not our staff sleep in the hotel, it was a seminar group which stayed only 1 night. Our Staff had a look to many other rooms with you but you disagree as you didn't want to pay a higher price for an upgrade to 2 connecting rooms. If you had a look on our website you can see the difference between a normal room and our family room.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have been staying at the Pinnacle Grand Resort for over 15 years and as such feel qualified to give an un-biased report. Over this time, I have got to know all the staff from management down to the young people that clean the pool. They are all helpful and always respectful and go out of their way to help. As a family holiday destination, this resort is tops as it is away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya with it's own private beach. The rooms are cleaned daily and are spotlessly clean and the wi-fi, that sometimes is difficult to connect too, is free (no hotels in Australia provide a free service) so one really cannot complain. The breakfast buffet is more than adequate and is replenished continually. The Tonsai restaurant has an amazing chef and the food is good and very reasonably priced. In 15 years I have never found insects in the bed as one of the reviewers wrote. Maybe this is just a case of being spiteful as the hotel did not give them 2 rooms for the price of 1 after they had erred in their booking.
My wife & I have just hosted a wedding party in Pattaya and a 90th birthday & 3 other events at the Pinnacle. We booked over 30 rooms for all our international guests. Every single person had nothing but praise for the hotel & staff.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank bazza1011
Hotels-Resorts P, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear bazza1011,
thank you so much for taking time to give us such a great review.
It is nice to hear that you have again enjoyed your holiday with us.
It is a pleasure to hear that you were satisfied with our services and that you only gave us positive assessment criteria.
We always try to make your holiday as good as possible. If you have any animations please do not hesitate to contact us immediately under prjgr2@pinnaclehotels.com

We are looking forward to welcome you again in Pinnacle Resort.

Best regards to Australia,
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Pinnacle as part of a wedding party in early July. Thoroughly enjoyed my comfortable stay there and would recommend it to others. The staff were courteous, the facilities were great, I enjoyed the buffet breakfast each day and room service was good too!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Paul,
Thanks for the nice review.
We very happy that you enjoyed your time at the Pinnacle Resort & Spa.
We hope that you will visit us again soon.
Sunny regards,
Melbourne
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I had a great stay in the bungalow room. Although it's 10+k from Pattaya town, it more than made up for it with its facilities. Pool at the edge of the deck, restaurant on the beach, tennis courts and a gym, and the beach a short 2min walk. I'd highly recommend it for couples, families and large groups (I was their with a wedding group of 50+). If you're are planing on staying, I'd highly recommend the bungalows.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Craigdaplumba
Hotels-Resorts P, Guest Relations Manager at Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Craigdaplumba,'

Thank you very much for your stay with us and for your kind words. We are pleased to see that we have contributed to a wonderful holiday and the Pinnacle team is looking forward in welcoming you again in the near future.

Sunny regards,
melbourne
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in the bungalows at the Pinnacle. Rooms were spacious and clean. Very pleasant and enjoyed stepping out of our room into the swimming pool. Staff friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank tiffanyMelbourne
Dear tiffanyMelbourne,
thank you for bother to write a review.
It is a pleasure that you have enjoyed your holiday at Pinnacle Resort in Jomtien.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us under prjgr2@pinnaclehotels.com
We hope to welcoming you again soon.
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I have travelled all over the world and have never had a more unbelievable stay anywhere. The staff are absolutely top class, all management are more helpful than I have ever experienced!! The place is magnificent and there was nothing to fault at all. The food was amazing and everything we asked staff to do, was done immediately. A special shout out to Mr Rauber & Mr Somkiat who went above and beyond to do everything we asked and more. I have stayed here many times and would never stay anywhere else... I love and appreciate each and every one who works there. They always make my stay memorable and treat us like royalty

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Cherisse R
Dear Cherisse
Thank you very much for the great review.
We were very happy to hear that you have again enjoyed your holiday with us and that you were satisfied with all kind of services. We are trying to give the best to make your holiday as good as possible.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in Pinnacle Resort.
Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort & Spas
Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
Nova Platinum Hotel Pattaya
#226 of 445 in Pattaya
Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort Pattaya

Been to Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort? Share your experiences!