One of the worst stays in a Thai hotel ever!
I was really impressed by the most reviews in the tripadvisor and the professional photos of the hotel and I made the mistake to book a long weekend there. It was one of the worst stays in Thailand ever!
We have booked in room with a sea view but we were actually were in a room at the ground floor of a building looking over the trees and the garden. When I told to the duty manager that this is not sea view she told me that I requested lower floor which was a huge lie. She didn't offer to change the rooms although I am sure there were plenty of rooms available.
Rooms are extremely old, they are run down and nothing works properly. The shower will bring either super hot or cold water. The water is coming from all over the connections of the shower head. The air-con is extremely noisy. The rooms and balconies are not clean enough. Stains from insects all ever the walls.
The restaurant is also not up to cleaning standards of Thailand (see photo).
The hotel is in the middle of nowhere and the dinning options inside and outside very few. The hotel food itself is average. Outside the hotel the only good food available is to be found in the nearby "Glass House". There are a couple of other restaurants around but with bad food. The hotel charges extremely high fees for transportation.
One day I asked transportation to the floating market (I booked in advance). I was waiting for 30 minutes and when I complained they offered a free transfer and I said "yes thank you" and I was ready to give the hotel a good point. But what happened is that I was cheated! Because when we arrived in the floating market the driver insisted to take us to the entrance were we had to pay the expensive package and I understood later that he was asking commission from the floating market reception! So I paid the car via the expensive ticket to the floating market!
Another night there was a party in the hotel, the music was extremely loud and I went to the bar to ask them to turn it down (it was past 11pm). The staff in the bar send me back to my room, he told me that they will keep the music as is and he was laughing at me! I decided to go to the reception to complain but as I was walking by the bar stage I noticed that the patrons were adult non-Thai men dancing and flirting with underage Thai girls. Let me say that for my ethic standards anything among two or more consenting adults is absolutely fine but I can't stand anything involving minors! I went to the reception informing them that I'll call the police (and I did it) because they were hosting such a party! Immediately they stooped the music and the party and I think that everybody run back the their rooms. I am not sure if the police involved but I called them and I reported the incident.
What about the hotel's website photos with the beautiful chairs and huts in the beach and the garden? Probably taken years ago! What you will find there is abandoned chairs and huts without cover full of birds droppings! Everywhere! I mean bird droppings is the main decorative item in this hotel.
The places smells terribly also. Most of the day sewage smell is allover the place. It feels that it comes from everywhere.
Overall it was a terrible stay, I'll not go back and of course I do not recommend the hotel.
I hope that the tripadvisor will take this report seriously and will stop giving to this hotel a certificate of excellency! I can't really understand how people stayed at this hotel can give anything above 2 out of 5 points!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The PINNACLE Grand Jomtien Resort & Spa is located on its own private beach separated from the Jomtien Pattaya beaches, and is about 9 km from South Pattaya. The hotel low rise buildings are set amidst a tropical landscape of lawns, pools and tropical trees. The 345 hotel rooms and suites are located in 8 low rise buildings (ground floor plus 2 floors) which are grouped around a free size swimming pool with a children's paddle pool, the Pool Bar and a large pond amidst a tropical garden with palm trees flowering shrubs and orchids. Beyond this area lays the second swimming pool, a large lawn with palm trees and sunshades, the Beach Restaurant and Bar and the wide sandy beach. The PINNACLE Grand Jomtien Resort & Spa is specially suited for families and guests who want a private, peaceful and relaxing holiday on a private beach while shopping, entertainment, and festivities of Pattaya are awaiting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HRS and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort And Spa
- Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Hotel Jomtien Beach
- Pinnacle Grand Jomtien Resort Pattaya/Jomtien Beach