“Great Value and Friendly Owners” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trail's End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Trinidad
Trail's End Motel
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Trinidad
Denver, Colorado
“Great Value and Friendly Owners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

The owners Jim and Renee were excellent to work with. I housed my crew for some fieldwork and this place was perfect. The rooms are updated, contain fridges, and we each had a queen sized bed to sleep in. They also have a grill, so we were able to save a lot of money by cooking our own dinner instead of going out every night. They were very accommodating and are just good people. The location was perfect, because it is within walking distance to the downtown restaurants, shops, and museums. The rooms were clean and perfect for what we needed. Anytime I need to do work in Trinidad, I'll stay here!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank ArchaeologistChris

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
tulsa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this family-owned and reasonably priced hotel over somewhere like the Holiday Inn, where they charge more but offer little more than name recognition. Okay, and the rooms are nicer and bigger at a chain hotel, but if you're staying for just a night, this place is fine. It's right down the street from Rino's Italian restaurant, another decent place to visit in Trinidad. I would certainly not stay at the Trails End if you're traveling alone; the area is pretty sketchy and I'm not sure what kind of security there is. For an inexpensive, clean, and very comfortable night's sleep, though, this place fits the bill.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mvctulsa
Spicewood, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed here one night on our way north and found the price very affordable. The room was small, but clean, and looks as though it's been recently renovated. There were several drawbacks, however. The gal working the ofc didn't know the wifi key and it took about 20 min. for her to figure it out. There are lots of electrical cords plugged into just a few outlets and I'm glad we didn't have small children with us because it would have been easy to trip over them. Also, the motel ofc doesn't open until 10am and that's where the ice machine is located. It is conveniently located to Main St.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NEW MEXICO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

I stayed in room One with my family nice big room with a deck for my family to enjoy. The flowers and birds were a plus..I will always stay in this CLEAN ROOM...very nice. The lady that helped me Marlene was a nice women. Good staff.. after all its family .

Room Tip: ask for room 1 or 14 nice rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank LADYBUGNewMexico
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

This motel is the best kept secret in Trinidad. We called the motel before leaving Texas and knew from the conversation alone that this was the place for us to stay. The American owners who live on the premise are down to earth people and they are proud of their business and it shows. After a long drive we found their motel comfortable with a clean remodeled room, privacy, minimal noise, secure, close to attractions and resonably priced. All this adds up to a good night's sleep, that's what it's all about anyway! We were not disappointed. Give them a try, I believe you will not be disappointed.either

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Ted R
Georgetown, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2012

This is a "mom & pop" owned motel. Good Value. rooms are small. With a queen sized bed, not much room to manuver. Many extension cords used throughout the room... probably won't pass code, but I had no problems. There is an electric oil-filled heater in the room that will heat the room, but not the bathroom. We were promised that boiler heat strips would be turned on at dark, but if they were, we never got any heat. It was cold in the bathroom and it took a while to get hot water. I would probably stay there again to help out the locals, but my Uncle and Aunt who had a separate room said never again. too cold for them

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Clean, cozy, lots of character, nice people own/run it. Don't be fooled by the worn out street sign. The rooms have been updated and are small but very nice. I did not have a problem with the couple of extension cords that gave me lots of outlets for my laptop, shaver, and iPhone. I see someone else did but they must be whiners.

Room Tip: #4 was nice
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business