“New Life in an Old Inn!”
Review of The Twin Lakes Inn

The Twin Lakes Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Twin Lakes B&B and Inns
Leadville, Colorado, United States
“New Life in an Old Inn!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Six friends gathered recently for a scrumptious dinner in the newly updated inn, and we could not have asked for a more satisfying meal in a more pleasant atmosphere! The food, the presentation, and the staff were all top-notch, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for upscale dining in the Twin Lakes, Lake County area. The updated accommodations were also first rate, and although we did not spend the night, I wish we had! Nice job!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Buena Vista
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Lovely remodeled rooms close to Twin Lakes Reservoir with fabulous view of the mountains and lake. The food is outstanding and very reasonably priced. I can't wait to go back and try something else on the menu.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south have the view of the lake.
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Keep an eye on this place and make it a regular stop. Food is fantastic. Service obviously a priority. Decor and history one of a kind! Care is truly apparent. This is a must for winter adventures as well as a gorgeous San Isabel summer!! Enjoy.

Room Tip: Fitness Center is the acres and acres of San Isabel forest at your door. And I guess if you wanted...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Leadville, Colorado
Reviewed 9 March 2013

First, I need to say that my wife recently got a job here so I have somewhat of a bias in the positive direction.

Next, I would like to say that this spot is under new management since 2013 and every one of the bad reviews, as of today, are from years past.

I just had dinner there last night. It was very, very good! They were having a special "3 Course Dinner for Two" for $29.99. We had an elk stew that was incredible. It was seasoned with blueberries and green chili although I wasn't able to pick out either of these flavors individually. Not that I'm a connoisseur. The meat was so tender and the taste was something I talked about all the way home. Next we had the crispy duck leg appetizer. I can't recall the last time I had duck but this is something not to be missed. It is apparently a very popular dish and I would encourage anyone dining here to not skip this choice - it was heavenly. For dinner I had a burger and my wife had the grilled chicken which was so tender and again, delicious.

I feel that I am not giving the food a proper fanfare. It is extremely well prepared and I felt as if I had ordered a meal in a much fancier setting such as Aspen or Vail. Having said that, the atmosphere was much more relaxed than those other towns. It's local, laid back and everyone in the dining area talked with us.

I got to tour the upstairs lodging area as well. The entire place has been renovated. I would not hesitate to recommend it to my friends visiting the mountains.

I hope this newly updated spot does well for many years to come not only for my wife's employment status but also because I would very much like to dine here regularly!

Room Tip: Some rooms have individual bathrooms some have shared ones. Be certain to choose your preference.
Leadville, Colorado
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This place is under new ownership as of 2013. They completely re-did all of the rooms, and they are absolutely beautiful! We only ate, we did not stay, but would like to in the future. The owners were so friendly, the main dining room is so cozy with a fire burning in the fire place. The food is absolutely amazing, and very reasonably priced! The food is so so good! I highly recommend the trout cake appetizer. Definitely the best food in Lake County. Highly, HIGHLY recommend!!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We ate dinner at the recently refurbished Twin Lakes Inn and it was excellent. The food was delicious and the service was fast, particularly given how few weeks they have been open. We did not spend the night but the new rooms are beautifully decorated. Please give this beautiful and historic establishment a try--it's a whole new place!

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
#1 of 8 in Buena Vista
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#5 of 9 in Leadville

Been to The Twin Lakes Inn? Share your experiences!