“Spring Break in Vail”
Review of Leonora

Leonora
Reserve with OpenTable
Leonora is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 122 Restaurants in Vail
Price range: US$30 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Meadow Drive
Transit: We are on the Town of Vail's complimentary bus route.
Description: Hip, energetic and upscale, yet delightfully unpretentious. The cuisine is inspired by the high alpine cultures of the Alps, Pyrenees and our own Colorado Mountains. Executive Chef Rosa Provoste utilizes the best of all fresh, local and organic ingredients to create amazing Tapas, Crudo and Alpine Bistro fare. Leonora respects the pure ingredients with ingredient-driven, simply prepared dishes thoughtfully paired with an extensive wine program central to the dining experience. Summer Hours for Private Parties only! Winter Hours open 7 days a week from 5:30 pm - reservations recommended!
Springfield, Missouri
“Spring Break in Vail”
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Was disappointed. Waitress never told us about specials. Order flatbread which was a medium pizza. Waitress should have told us the size as all three of us order flat bread. Way to much food. Maybe better descriptions on the menu would help.

Visited March 2014

Columbus, Ohio
“good hotel”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I checked into the sebastian yesterday and it a beautiful place. I was greeted by Brian who was very polite. He also gave us the inside information on where to ski. My next adventure was the spa. Nicole greeted with an amazing smile and was very helpful booking my treatment. After my massage I visited the restaurant. I think it was called Leonora. I had an amazing assortment of topas that our wonderful server Billy recommended. We then move on to entrees, I had the mussel dish which is on the appetizer menu but is an entree size and my husband had the duck which was a little dry and fried. Then the chef came out which is always nice. But the chef was covered in tattoos kind of what you see in the tv show "sons of anarchy " , which was very unprofessional , he then proceeded to set our plates down which is common in fine dining establishment. Then he proceeded to talk my ear off litterally for like 10 minutes, by time I ate my first bite the dish it was cold. I then went home and went to bed and checked out the next morning. So basically I had an amazing two days in your beautiful hotel, I just wish I would have gone to sweet basil. As much as I love your beautiful hotel I feel like the restaurant is more of an amenity then a real Vail restaurant.

• Visited February 2014
Largo, Florida
“Beautiful Restaurant, Great Food, Solid Service”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Had a delightful dinner here. Started with the waiter suggesting and having us sample a few wines by the glass. Then we moved on to a really unique Scallop crude with a vanilla brûlée and jalapeño slices. Totally unique, and delicious.

The fried olive appetizer was kind of one note. The Caesar salads were fresh and nice, but not memorable.

The stars were the entrees. The lobster tail with green chile, basil butter, and gnocchi was fabulous. The gnocchi had an amazing roasted garlic, earthy taste and was simply fantastic. The espresso lamb was cooked perfectly, and the sweet potato dumplings were great. The broccolini was cut very small and. I felt detracted from an otherwise superb dish. That being said, it was still excellent. And the potato flatbread with buratta, truffle oil, and Rosemary was huge and really tasty.

Too full for desert, but the meal was great.

• Visited March 2014
Concord, New Hampshire
“Good relaxing meal after skiing”
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Excellent service and food. Comfortable with excellent atmosphere. Quiet.. Enjoyable place to go after along day on the slopes

• Visited February 2014
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We started out by ordering a wine they were out of and the waiter (without us asking) expertly suggested another one which was very good at the appropriate price point. The meal continued well with an appetizer of croquettes and consistently good service. For entrees my wife had the espresso lamb which was excellent and I had the gnocchi and lobster. The lobster wasn't particularly flavorful and was slightly tough but was still good and the homemade gnocchi was great. For dessert we had the pot de crème which came somewhat deconstructed with a great presentation and flavor. Prices were very reasonable for what you received (and given that it’s Vail). Atmosphere was very nice with an attractive wine cellar in the middle of the restaurant that you could watch the staff climb up to get bottles.

• Visited January 2014