“Vail's Mountain Haus is a fine place to stay!”

Vail's Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge
Ranked #11 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 17 July 2013

First and foremost, I must say that each and every one of the staff members at Vail's Mountain Haus, from the front office/management, to the facilities manager and staff, to the housekeeping staff, were friendly, hospitable and honestly made us feel like true guests of theirs. We've stayed here two years in a row for the annual lacrosse tournament, and the staff's professionalism and courtesy is a big reason why we'll choose to stay here during future visits to Vail. The location also could not be better - right next to the covered bridge and the village. The one minor complaint I have is that the smaller 2-twin bedroom can be pretty stuffy during the Summer months without air conditioning. The ceiling fans alleviate this only a little bit, and the vented natural cooler air at night also helps a little. Other than that, love this place! Did not do the breakfast during our last stay so I did not rate it below. If anyone from the hotel reads this review, I just want to once again say THANK YOU for such a nice stay. We'll definitely be returning!

Room Tip: If air conditioning is available in any of the units, I'd recommend going with one with AC durin...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank CRK3
MattVail, Director of Sales at Vail's Mountain Haus at the Covered Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you so much for the great review, and YES we do see and share all the reviews with our staff. We look forward to your return to the Mountain Haus. Thanks again!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Vail's Mountain Haus was the perfect location and setting for our family weekend getaway. We enjoyed the pool, hot tub, walking paths and friendly service at the Mountain Haus. I am working on booking another weekend this summer.

Room Tip: Mountain Side is great!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Mountain Haus over the 4th of July. The front office staff was very helpful and friendly. They went above and beyond to make my stay wonderful. The room was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was delicious and the coffee machine was fantastic. I will certainly choose to stay at the Mountain Haus the next time I visit Vail!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We really enjoyed our stay here! Our party consisted of two couples and a dog. We looked several places for a two bedroom suite or condo that allowed a dog and this came out the best value with the best reviews. Kristen and Andrew at the front desk were really informative! Plus they were super cool to our dog, put her name up on a welcoming dog board. Super cute touch!

We had a two bedroom condo river side, #218. Full kitchen, place was immaculate. We had one king bed and one double bed but housekeeping came and had a way of converting it into one queen bed which was a serious bonus. Both rooms had private bathrooms.

The only drawbacks, the second bedroom didnt have a window to the outside (guest window went to the inside the hotel) as the rooms do not have air conditioning and thus rely on windows and patio for airflow. At night it can get kind of warm. Also, the breakfast closed at 9:30..we showed up at 9:32 and it was closed down already. Next time we'll also do a bit of research on which rooms have nicer decor as ours was just fine but we looked thru the door of a couple as the maids were working and some were really pimped out. We were told a majority of the 75 rooms are individually owned and some owners renovate/update more then others.

Otherwise, we couldn't ask for a better location. Pool and hot tub were great also. Overall great experience, we look forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Mountain Haus is beautiful and is conveniently located in Vail Village. I chose the less expensive "village view" room not realizing it is really "highway view". Worth the upgrade for the "valley view" In the summer when the windows are open due to the lack of air conditioning. It was loud. BUT I loved our two bedroom condo - it was beautifully decorated and met all of our needs. The staff was always willing to help with any question or concern. Everyone who works there from housekeeping to the front desk was friendly and pleasant. You can't beat being able to walk to everything in Vail Village or grab a bus to Lionshead. Great stay!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank vjkee
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Not much when you walk through the door to checkin, but we immediately found the cappuccino machine, and the staff was nice. We quickly headed to the pool area which isn't very big, but it is very well kept, and clean too. The pool is good size with a deep end and big hot tub right next to it. The one bedroom condo, was perfect for our family,everything was very clean the kitchen was a good size, the kids loved the murphy bed, it was really comfy as well as "cool", and our bedroom was very nice. There was a really good continental breakfast, with eggs, waffles, fruit, cereal and juice or coffee. We were right next to the village and we found a great bar at the hotel. We loved this place. Wish we could stay longer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

Having not made this booking myself, I had no idea what to expect. I know from previous experience many of the accommodations in Vail Village can be crusty at best.

Pulling up, the outside of the building is nothing special and that's pretty much what I had expected inside as well. I was wrong. Even though the lobby didnt blow me away, there was no "cheese factor" to turn me off.

My buddy had reserved us a 1 br unit with a pull out sofa. Upon check in, we were sent to a 1 br unit with a very uniques sofa that had no right angles. Needless to say, the room was VERY nice and contemporary, but unless you have scoliosis, the sofa was not very conducive to a pleasant night's sleep. After sorting it all out, the staff was apologetic and accommodating, switching us to a two br unit at no extra charge for the mix up.

The hotel is located literally steps from the covered bridge, and any Vail aficionado knows no further comment is needed on that location. It's excellent.

The complimentary breakfast downstairs was decent and convenient, albeit nothing special. We were reprimanded by one of the staff for apparently using too much batter in the waffle maker. Shame on us.

It's not cheap to stay here, especially at the height of ski season, but paying for convenience rarely is.

I'd come back next year, although I may have second thoughts about making my own waffles.

• Stayed: January 2013