“Disappointed”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 6 July 2012

We've been visiting this hotel in the summer for the past 10 years. For the past several years the service and facility has gone downhill. The setting and location are excellent and the rooms facing the mountain have outstanding views. However, it is time for a facelift. The bar has absolutely no ambience. The night we were there they had a popcorn machine in the bar area and the smell permeated the bar, the lobby, and the air outside the main entryway. That may be fine for a lodge but the hotel calls itself a spa/resort. In our room, the decorative pillows and the throw at the end of the bed smelled stale and gave the room a musty smell even with the french doors opened to the balcony.

Room Tip: Choose a mountain side room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Dear annbmcdonald,
We are disappointed to hear that your recent stay did not meet your expectations. As a loyal guest of Vail Cascade, each visit should be better than the last. As a AAA Four Diamond resort, we strive to provide a great experience and appreciate you expressing your concern regarding our service and product. As we continue to improve processes and our facility, reviews such as yours in invaluable. We are planning several improvements to the property in the near future and hope you allow us another opportunity to showcase what we truly represent. If you choose to return to Vail Cascade, please contact me directly and I’ll make sure that your next stay is up to your standards, as well as ours.

Vail Cascade Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 2 July 2012

Great hotel for the price. Rooms are spacious with great views. A short distance away from downtown Vail, but certianily worth it. A chair lift on the hotel grounds is convenient. A relaxing spa!!

• Stayed: June 2012

Dear K8j13,
Thank you for your recent visit to Vail Cascade. Summer is a great time to visit and offers a variety of wonderful things to experience. We’re glad to hear that you experienced our relaxing spa, which was recently ranked 24th on Condé Nast’s list of “Top 100 Resort Spas”. We hope you come back to enjoy our chair lift this winter – it makes skiing one of the world’s best mountains very convenient.

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The overall experience was everything I anticipated... Staff was warm & friendly, often using my last name to greet me. Banquet food was outstanding as was the food at Atwater's on Gore Creek... The guest room and bedding were awesome. Loved having a ceiling fan in the room along with a humidifier! Nice touch... Will definitely return with the family this winter for a personal vacation!

Room Tip: Request a Creek Side or Mountain View room
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Harm9804,
We appreciate your recent review on TripAdvisor. As Vail’s preeminent meeting destination, we have the privilege of having many great people experience our AAA Four Diamond service and meeting facilities and services. However, although we take great pride in offering an unparalleled meeting experience, it’s great to hear that our guests want to return after visiting for a conference or corporate retreat. We would love to have you and your family for a winter vacation. With ski in ski out access, a ski concierge, onsite rentals at Charter Sports and a relaxing spa to enjoy after a day of adventure, there’s really no better place for a winter getaway. We look forward to your return!

Reviewed 29 June 2012

What a great hotel experience. The service was great, the views were wonderful and the food was fantastic. (Try the tuna burger in Atwater Grill)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Dear Richard C,
Thank you for your recent stay in June. We appreciate hearing about your experience. I have to admit, the tuna burger in Atwater is one of my favorites as well! Many of our guests give raving reviews on Atwater’s cuisine, especially combined with our extensive list of craft beer. Glad to hear you had a great time; we hope to have you again soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Wonderful place for families or couples to enjoy the beautiful mountain/creekside views and fabulous weather. We have stayed in October, May and June. All were excellent. Really love the free shuttle service to the villages for wonderful dining and shopping. FREE covered parking during our stay is a huge plus, too! The bellhop and concierge services are very friendly and knowledgable.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room. We have never been denied the upgrade! The view are just fabulous!!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tiffany,
It is great to hear that you’re a frequent guest of Vail Cascade. Many Coloradan’s don’t realize how easily accessible Vail Cascade is from Denver. It’s amazing what a quick drive to the mountains can do. And not to mention, a great respite from the hot temps in Denver lately! Thanks again for your review; we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

We stayed here in June of 2012, and had a great experience altogether! The entire hotel is very clean, and the pool and grounds are very well kept. The mountain view rooms are well worth the upgrade price, as we had a great view of the mountains and Gore Creek which runs right behind the resort. The pool and hot tub were very nice, and the restaurant is good for breakfast (we didnt eat any other meals here, so cant speak to lunch and dinner foods!). We really enjoyed the shuttle service to Lionshead and Vail Village, and while we rented a car at the Denver airport for longer day trips, we were able to utilize the shuttle to get to and from the villages quickly and without having to worry about parking, as the shuttle runs every 15 minutes. There is also a trail that runs along Gore Creek all the way to Vail Village if you wish to walk the whole way. It is a very nice walk, about 2 miles round trip to Vail Village, and about 1 mile to Lionshead.

The concierge service was GREAT, as we were able to get driving directions through the mountains and more scenic routes that we didnt know about before coming to the resort. Joe and Steve are the two primary concierges, and both were extremely helpful!

We had a refrigerator in our room that we kept milk, yogurt and fruit that we bought in West Vail (about 3 miles away on the frontage road that runs right in front of the resort) so that covered us for breakfasts and snacks, as restaurants tend to be pricey in Lionshead and Vail. We stayed during the time that Vail is just starting to get touristy again (early-mid June) so many restaurants had specials (Billy's in Vail was 50% off every entree!). We took advantage of several of these during our time here.

Be warned, there is a $25 per day 'resort fee' that covers parking, shuttle rides, pool use, etc. This is a common practice in this area, as with most resorts as I understand it. Not a problem, just remember this when booking, as it will increase the price of your trip per day.

We enjoyed everything about our stay here and would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room, on an upper floor away from the elevators....the hotel is very quiet i...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KCLJ520

Dear KCLJ520,
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to Vail Cascade and experienced many of the things that make Vail Cascade unique. Thorough reviews such as yours are very valuable to our team and we appreciate comprehensive feedback. It sounds like you had a very enjoyable time while visiting, which is music to our ears! If you decide to return to Vail, please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit even more memorable.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

The Cascade is an incredible destination. Their warm hospitality is unsurpassed. From my first interaction with the resort until my last, everything was just a pleasure. It started with the confirmation. I was so impressed with how the phone call went that I wrote an entire review just about that experience. The agent, Ilka, who took my call was by far the warmest person I have ever spoke to in the hospitality industry. She really made me feel welcomed and wanted by the Cascade. Welcomed and wanted; that was to be the underlying common denominator throughout our stay. We arrived Sunday afternoon, my two kid brothers and I. A greeter was at our car window with a smile. “Checking in?” he asked. When I answered in the affirmative he opened my car door for me with a flourish. “Welcome to the Cascade!” he said. He offered and then helped unload our car. After that he walked us all the way to the front desk to check in. I already felt like a million bucks. The fellow at the desk, Kirk, was as warm and welcoming as Ilka. This establishment sure knows how to hire great employees. He checked my reservation and informed me with pleasure that my requested microwave was already in my room. I then asked Kirk if there was a room available that can fit a rollaway as I was told by Ilka during the confirmation that my reserved room didn’t fit one. He looked at me with a smile and said, “We already have given you our deluxe mountain room. There is plenty of room for an extra bed, it’s on its way as we speak.” We were than led up to our room by a friendly bellboy who was waiting with us throughout check in. He helped us settle in with a smile. The room was stunning. It was very large and roomy. The two queens were as comfy as you can ask for. The décor was beautiful and inviting. We had a porch overlooking the most beautiful creek and the impressive vail mountain towering right behind it. There is nothing more relaxing than the sound of a rolling creek right outside you window. The room had all the expected amenities and then some. The clock/radio/cd/mp3/relaxing sound player was a great addition. The delicious Astor chocolates that were left each day on our pillows were a special treat. The fridge actually kept all our food and drinks ice cold. Not a given in many hotels. The only thing negative about the room I can think of was maybe the lighting. It was kind of dim even with all the lights on. As we weren’t reading so much it wasn’t such a big deal, but I imagine that can bother some guests. Everything was neat and clean. The resort is really beautiful. They have this wonderful library, across from the front desk, lined with hundreds of books. There are couches, easy chairs, and a homey fireplace. There is also a great view of the mountain out the window. The fireside lounge is also great with couches alongside a beautiful fireplace. The ski out option was amazing. We just walked out the door, picked up our pre-ordered tickets at the ticket window and got right on the lift. When we came back with the shuttle we went straight to the friendly fellows at the ski concierge who held our skis and boots overnight. The spa was wonderful. It’s the perfect place to wind-down after a day of skiing. With a great hot tub and sauna in the locker room I was able to rejuvenate after a long day on the slopes. The heated pool is beautiful. They also have these roaring fires next to the pool with wooden rocking chairs in facing the fires. It was absolutely heartwarming relaxing at the fire late at night while my brothers swam.
Every single employee I encountered throughout our stay was warm and welcoming. Even the housekeeping fellow who came to give us extra towels was especially hospitable. He just made us feel that anything we need, he is there for us. The shuttle was great and convenient. The drivers were all pleasant and helpful. The driver at night (I unfortunately forgot his name, just that he hails from Mexico) was incredibly nice and made some great conversation with us. He even noticed my brothers and I walking late at night a block and a half from the pick-up spot. He stopped to pick us up and saved us the walk and 20 minutes of waiting for the next shuttle. It felt good to be recognized and remembered. Each time we passed any employee they would smile and inquire after us. I was very very impressed with this destination and I certainly intend to return. I strongly recommend the Cascade to anyone visiting Vail.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank yehudag

Dear yehudag,
Wow, what a great comprehensive review! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on Vail Cascade. Reviews such as yours are a testament to why we work so hard to take care of our guests and provide an incredible experience. From our reservation’s team to our concierge, housekeeping and front office managers, we take great pride in hiring the best. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your room overlooking Gore Creek, our spacious library and restaurants, but most importantly – our easy access to Vail Mountain. With our chairlift, there really isn’t a faster and more convenient way to ski. Thanks again for your review; we’re thrilled to hear your stay was memorable. Looking forward to having you return soon.