“Nice hotel right in the heart of Vail”
Review of Hotel Talisa, Vail

Hotel Talisa, Vail
Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The people working at this hotel are very nice. We had a room facing the mountains and the hot tub. There is a gym, hot tub, clothing store, lots of restaurants, and free parking if you want it. The rooms are very nice. The room service is ok. That was our only complaint. We had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Hilandl,
Thank you for your recent stay in December and your review. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and will return. If you think winter is great, you should come back before the season is over. There’s still plenty of time to enjoy the mountain and all of the activities that make Vail so unique.

Vail Cascade Resort

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 31 December 2012

This is the sixth time we have vacationed here at cascade, and normally it is exceptional however this time around we were plauged with bad experiences. The accomidations were good per usual, except that my husband and I reserved a king size, but could only get a room with two queens. The valet parking staff was rude and incredibly unhelpful, so we decided to self park and lug our baggage in from the garage. Our first night we ate downstairs in the resturant and had a very rude waitress who was very complacent about my daughter and I's dietary allergies and my daughter ended up ingesting gluten as a result of the waitresses lack of concern. The majority of the staff at the charter sports was friendly, mostly because they were all clearly high as a kite but they did their jobs well with the exception of an employee who pushed me out of the way to get back to the desk, but in his defense it was very busy. Our second day, we returned from skiing at about 4:15 and only around 4:30 did housekeeping come to clean. We were all napping and showering, so I sent her away to return in half an hour. It was not until 6:45 that housekeeping came, which at that point I really do not see what the purpose of cleaning at all is. I went to the spa for a massage and my masseur was terribly ill with a cold and coughed all over me the whole time. I came to relax, not to get rhinovirus. The consierge was also quite rude and acted as if they did not have anytime for US. Very disappointing trip from a place that we usually love. Not sure if we will be returning again, which is ashame because the place is overall lovely. Perhaps a change in management or staff is the cause of the problems.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Skier2006
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2013

Dear Skier2006
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. After reading your comprehensive review, we are disheartened to hear that your experience was disappointing, especially since you are a valued customer and have stayed with us multiple times. We do not tolerate our staff being rude or unaccommodating. As a Four Diamond resort, we are held to a level of service standards that we take great pride in and unfortunately, we let you down and we let ourselves down. I can assure you that what you encountered is unacceptable and we’ve shared your feedback with the necessary departments to ensure it gets addressed immediately.

I do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable. Again, we appreciate your honesty and will use this feedback as a learning opportunity.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

This is a very nice hotel with excellent service, great breakfast buffet and good restaurant with nice atmosphere. Nice and clean rooms ( updated ) with nice TV. The hotel has its own lift connection to the East Village. Sauna / pool area is nice and romantic with "wild fire". It has a cafeteria and shop with lots of winter clothing, coffee, snacks etc. and toiletries. This is a great place. Don't really find any cons. Well - the price may be. Make sure you get a good deal with advance booking. Take your wife and she will fall in love again. Kids are welcome , too, and easy to handle.

Room Tip: The double queen bed upgrade actually fits a 5th toddler or smaller child.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Mike B,
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor! We are delighted to read about your December vacation. We agree that we can be a great place for romance or adventure! Thanks again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

This resort has its own chair lift so very convenient. Super friendly staff front desk and ski shop,, gorgeous bar with large fireplace and view of mountain. Nice food shop for quick bites for breakfast/lunch, coffee etc. in addition to restaurants. Great shopping in resort in addition to large ski shop for rentals and ski stuff. We were there over Christmas, planned activities for kids, spa for adults, rooms clean and spacious, on bus line. A true winter wonderland!! We love the Cascade Resort!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

Dear lv2grw,
We’re delighted you selected Vail Cascade to celebrate the holidays. It’s always a magical time of year. Glad to hear you enjoyed the activities, amenities and ski-in, ski-out convenience. With spring bring around the corner and more snow on the way, we hope to see you again this winter.

Thanks again for choosing Vail Cascade and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

We were there last Monday (Dec 17th , checking out onthe 18th) for my dear friend's 40th birthday. i spent over 3 hours and 20 phone calls trying to book an appointment for just myself with the spa and when we did arrive (all 4 of us) they messed up our appointments and the birthday girl didn't even start until the rest of us had already gone back , had our treatment and was returning to shower. (90 min later) Magda was amazing in the spa but the warmer for the towels and the oil for my wrap was new and it wasn't working so i froze the entire time. The bathroom in the main lobby smelled like sewage really bad. Also, we called down on Tuesday morning from our cell phones because the phone in our room wasn't working. We were calling for coffee cups , sugar, creamer, etc. We had a coffee pot and coffee in the room but nothing else. 35 minutes later the maintenence guy knocks on our door to fix our phone at 7:35 am in the morning. I asked him to come back after we checked out. It had been 8 yrs or so since I stayed at the Cascade and it was nothing like i remembered. oh and the room was dark. Several of the lamps didn't even work.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LeAnna B
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear LeAnna B,
We are disappointed to learn that your recent stay didn’t meet your expectations, especially considering you selected Vail Cascade as a place to celebrate a special occasion with your friends. I can assure you that your experience with Aria Spa doesn’t meet our standards. The feedback you provided has been shared with our spa staff and will be used as an opportunity to improve our reservation process.

As for the other inconveniences you encountered in the room, your feedback is invaluable as we strive to continuously improve our processes and service standards as a AAA Four Diamond resort. We do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

Vail is absolutely beautiful but there are plenty of breathtakingly beautiful places in the general area for much less money. You can have a great time pretty much anywhere west of Denver. I got the feeling that everyone in Vail is loaded because the prices for a hotel are ridiculous and somehow they're still busy. We booked our hotel the same day on an app called Hotels Tonight for $199 when the normal rate was $719. For that price, I would have expected a lot more, maybe they somehow knew we got a cheaper rate (kidding). We did have a small balcony, mini fridge, and ceiling fan so that is a little better than most standard hotel rooms but the service just wasn't up to par.

While the vallet and luggage assistance were very friendly and quick, we asked for a robe and never got it. We initially asked the guy who helped us with our luggage and he went to find one, he couldn't, and told us he'd get someone to bring one shortly. After 10 minutes we called room service to see if they were aware, explained we had been waiting, and requested one be sent. 15 minutes went by and nothing. We gave up and went to the hot tub outside but as we were leaving we caught a maid in the hallway and asked her if she had one on the cart, she said she had one in a closet down the hall...she left us with the cart and went to get it. 5 minutes later she came back with a wrinkled one that could have been dirty, but it was dry and didn't smell so we thanked her and went outside...in our robes and tennis shoes because we didn't have house slippers in the hotel room, which I thought was odd in a higher end place that offered robes.

Once we were outside at the hot tub we were surprised that it was empty. The setting was amazing, a quiet area with a fire, it had a phone to use for drink service, it was seemingly perfect until you called and asked for drinks and they tell you it will be 30 minutes. Folks, 30 minutes is too long to sit in the hot tub. We ordered the drinks for the future and in the meantime dried off and went to the bar to get our own since we wouldn't be out there for a long time. We came back out and got back in the tub with our drinks, finished them, and then sat on the edge to cool off. A room service guy then came out and asked us if we still wanted our drinks because the bartender knew he had made that exact order already and thought it was us, that was a good catch Since we had already finished our drinks, we informed him that we still wanted another drink. $10 a person for a drink is a bit high if you ask me. I'm not sure how long it took for that but we had to re-start the jets twice and I'm assuming they're on a 15 minute timer.

Our beds were nice, the room was clean, and check-in/out were easy. Overall nothing that made them stand out above the rest of the hotels in the area so I score it average. This isn't overall a bad place, but it isn't above average to me. It does make me wonder how the cheap places still offer free parking and free breakfast...it might be time for the expensive places to start including some things to stand out above average.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris W
Brett S, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Chris,
Thank you for choosing Vail Cascade for your recent stay. We value your business and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. Feedback like this is very important in our efforts to continuously improve our guest service and we appreciate your willingness to pass on your observations.
Happy holidays and thanks again for your review,

Reviewed 22 December 2012

Vail Cascade was an amazing place to stay! Very beautiful! Staff was very friendly and would love to return. It's a little expensive but you get what you pay for! I was lucky that it snowed the entire time I was there (Dec. 16th - Dec. 20th) which made it all the better! Would recommend to anyone that can afford it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Hello David H,
Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow! We’re so happy to hear you enjoyed your Vail Cascade stay. Mother Nature has been blessing us with lots of snow and great mountain conditions. Hopefully you had a chance to use our chairlift and get knee deep in powder on Vail Mountain. We would love to welcome you back to Vail. With more snow coming, we’re looking forward to a great winter season.

Happy Holidays,