“great hotel”

Ranked #12 of 30 Hotels in Vail
Phoenix, Arizona
“great hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

We stayed at Vail Cascade in early/mid November of 2013 for three days. From the time we arrived till we left the staff was outstanding. Everyone was friendly a made us feel very welcomed. We were there to have a intimate wedding(just us and the minister:) ) and when staff found out they upgraded our room for free!!! Everyone was very helpful and made our stay memorable.
We plan to come back in the summer with my kids and bikes :) and don't plan look anywhere else to stay than the cascade's again!
If your in the area and looking to for a great place to stay, we would highly recommend Vail Cascade Resort & Spa

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
John G, General Manager at Hotel Talisa, Vail, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear Rob,
First let me take a moment to say congratulations on your recent wedding and send you best wishes for a lifetime of happiness! We are truly honored that you selected Vail Cascade as your destination to celebrate. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your experience and from what it sounds like, you had a memorable time, which is great to hear. We’re glad you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms and romantic setting on Gore Creek. When you decide to return with your family, please let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your next visit (maybe an anniversary trip?) even more memorable.
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (359)
Arvada, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

We got a heck of a deal for early October through Living Social. On top of the deal, we also got a 20% off because Living Social was running a special. I'll be honest, we felt like we were getting away with something!
Off-season all amenities weren't available, but we were pretty aware our stay would be that way.
From check-in to check-out, the entire staff was fabulous. They all treated us like a million bucks, and made sure we were happy the entire stay.
Absolutely loved the lounge with the big fireplace-so great on a chilly night.
Would absolutely stay again even if we didn't get such a discount.
Never got a chance to check out the gym or pools, but maybe next time!

Room Tip: Mountain view is great, but even our front-facing room was good.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

Must go see Anne at the restaurant by the bar. She was a great waitress and very knowledgable about food and wines! Great environment and great people. Did not even matter the slopes were not open yet...

Must visit the hot tubs and heated pool while it's snowing. Amazing experience

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Ldfbjordie,
Thank you for your business and your endorsement! We take great pride in providing superior service and are thrilled to hear about your stay. We hope to see you again soon. The lift is running and the ski conditions are great!
Mass
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at Vail Cascade in early November on a five-night business trip. The staff were superb, friendly, and attentive. The food was fantastic. The room was great and the view was amazing! I had the best massage of my life in their lovely spa. The bartender was talkative and extremely friendly. The front desk staff were awesome. Coffee shop was so convenient! Concierge was attentive and always had tissues on hand! Reservations was great at the time of booking, and pleasant when I called to have my bill emailed. Fantastic property. A+

1 Thank pjjmama
Golden, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I've stayed at the Vail Cascade for business for the past 15 years and it is disappointing that it has declined in amenities, service, and infrastructure. My recent stay involved someone walking into my room at 8:00 at night after the hotel gave a guy my room...laying in bed and in he walks. The bathroom drains, both sink and shower were so backed up and slow that by the time my shower was over the water was to mid calf.

The property used to offer Vail Mountain Roaster coffee and now it's some inexpensive pod. They advertises the local craft beer element of their restaurant but don't carry it full circle.

All of these things aren't terrible issues and I will say the fitness center alone is the reason to stay here. These would be acceptable issues at a $79 a night lower budget hotel but I have higher expectations of this property. I will also point out that I stayed here during off-season and they may not have their "A" game up and going yet.

1 Thank Lisa L
Dear Lisa,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. After reading your review, we are disheartened to hear about your experience, especially since you are a valued customer and have stayed with us multiple times. I do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable. Again, we appreciate your honesty and will take this feedback as a learning opportunity.
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

Great location, great staff, great hotel, just great all around. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a larger room with a king size bed at no extra charge. We had purchased our weekend get-a-way through Living Social Escapes and were planning a weekend in September booking the last weekend Living Social would allow when my wife contacted West Nile. We waited until the Thursday before our stay to see if we could go but due to the weakness and pain my wife was having we decided to cancel. I contacted Reservations and explained our plight and was told there would be no problem with changing our reservation to a different date at no extra charge, this was not expected. I am very pleased with the way we were treated, it is nice to know that there are businesses that will cater to their customers. Vail Cascade Resort is one of those businesses.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I had a wonderful time at Vail Cascade. All the staff was very friendly, engaging and welcoming. I had a great experience with room service when my colleges did not. On particular night I had placed and order and it took over an hour to recieve and I had to make a call to find out what had happen. The young man that answered the phone had it up to the room very quickly and fixed the issue right away and did not charge me for the meal. I would have to say I had the best grilled cheese of my life from your room service menu. Spent an afternoon in and had a wonderful time and talked Lisa Marie's ear off. She was wonderful.

I would have given Vail Cascade an excellent rating but I felt that the room fell short just a bit for the diamond rating the resort has. The room was lovely however the bathroom was not good. I loved the large lighted mirror. But the shower head in shower was one that looks like I got from Walmart that is my shower at home that cost me $5.00. There was so much hard water in it that the pressure was so light it took me 20 minutes to rinse shampoo out of my hair. Housekeeping staff needed to be more consistant in what things are completed in the room and what is not. The other reason why I gave the lower rating was the food service in the conference facilities. Food was normally cold and nothing special. Also another big issue was food was not labled. I have a very bad nut allergy that requires a visit to the hospital after a reaction. I felt as a nag every time I had to ask the staff if there were nuts in anything and then it would take forever to find out the answer. This could be a big liabilty on the facility if someone where to suffer a reaction due to poor awareness in what was being served. I however was impressed with our server during our plated meal with the group. First thing he asked was if there was any allergies, he then found out what could portenially have nuts and then found something else that could replace the course. Props to him but I can't recall his name.

Dear onthemovegirl,
Comprehensive reviews like yours are appreciated. Thank you for providing us with detailed feedback on some of the issues you encountered while visiting. I do hope you give us another chance to earn back your loyalty and I personally invite you to call me directly if I can make your next visit more enjoyable. Again, we appreciate your honesty and will take this feedback as a learning opportunity.