While the valet guy was adequate at best, everyone else we met were warm, friendly, and welcoming. Our room was slightly upgraded to a balcony view room and we loved it. The bed, furnishings and room size easily met expectations but while the bathroom was nice (and had two sinks) it was more 3 star hotel looking while the rest of the room was more like 4+ stars.
The outdoor pool and hot tubs were welcoming, interestingly shaped and located, and had towels at each. The shuttle bus was on demand that day so no waiting to get into central Vail. Finally the complimentary athletic club was excellent (wish they had a lap pool) and my girl said the spa was WORLD CLASS! -best facial she ever had!
well two of them: 1) The hotel's known for their spa yet a sign at the pool says "SPA" with an arrow that points to the exact opposite end of the hotel. Why? Because it's the incorrectly labeled hot tub. If you're known for your spa then don't use the word so haphazardly especially if it sends you the the farthest opposite end of the hotel from the spa.
2) IF staying inside the hotel there are signs for the spa. -take the specific elevators to 2, turn right, go down the hallway, turn right again, down a much longer hallway, through some doors and alas you're there. BUT NO- once I walked 80% of the way there (at the far other end of the hotel's grounds) there's a construction sign saying to go all the way back and start again trying one's own different path. Duh- the sign goes in the lobby and again at the elevator, not at the end saying basically to go back to the beginning and you figure it out from there. We couldn't believe it was a current sign and went straight- right into paint buckets and construction materials. -still had to double back. That's so JERKY and made my girl tense and angry as she finally walked into the spa appointment that I gave her as a gift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Hotel Talisa, Vail - Vail's newest luxury mountain getaway, reopening after a multimillion-dollar transformation. Our forested backyard at the base of Vail Mountain promises a one-of-a-kind respite of beauty and serenity balanced with inspired activity no matter the season, with the shops and restaurants of Vail a mere five minutes away. Hotel Talisa's 285 sophisticated new guest rooms and suites acknowledge your outdoor-centric activities with benches and gear storage, with amenities ranging from rainfall showers and soaking tubs for tired muscles. In our atmosphere of residential mountain luxury, you will discover the perfect home base for both adventure and escape. Luxuriously appointed bathrooms. Contemporary décor with indigenous inspiration. Refreshment centers stocked with local and international delicacies. Delightful turn down traditions that send you to sleep with a smile. The inspired décor of our guestrooms tie into the soul of Vail, exuding the spirit of outdoor adventurers, artisans and native tribes alike. Influenced by the best aspects of the Rockies and Alps, the Hotel Talisa will enchant you with culinary creations from around the world. Open all day, the new 3-meal restaurant is open breakfast through dinner, showcasing authentic flavors from the Colorado Rockies and the eight countries that touch the Alps, from Austria to Monaco. Our lounge offers a fireside setting for enjoying inventive après-ski food, drink, music, conversation and floor-to-ceiling mountain views. And our fresh market is a favorite stop for active guests who prefer quick serve and to-go gourmet foods and libations. Guests will delight in blissful and invigorating treatments at the new alpine spa within the hotel along with even more fitness and spa offerings at Aria Spa and Club adjacent to the hotel. And, as Vail's premiere skiing experience, our on-property chairlift provides for Vail's only true ski-in/ski-out luxury resort, with on-site rentals and ticket office, aided by a world-class ski concierge. Enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures galore with mountain biking along Gore Creek, fishing, swimming, ice skating and more or simply lounging at one of the infinity pools or hot tubs and fire pit socializing. Private cars and complimentary shuttles are available exclusively for resort guests along with dedicated concierges eager to assist in planning your visit. Whether seeking tranquility, adventure or a blend of both - Hotel Talisa, Vail's newest luxury hotel and resort beckons year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Talisa, Vail reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vail Cascade Resort And Spa
- Vail Cascade Hotel Vail
- Cascade Resort